• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

countries for sinkies to retire in

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you might have pain in your body . see doctor and 2 weeks later , he said you have cancer and would die within 2 weeks.
who the hell plan for retirement.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
when one is not allowed to work how can one then earn the required amount to meet the minimum monthly income to satisfy the requirement?

From assets eg interest income, dividends, rent, annuities, pension, web based commerce etc.

Income isn't just "salary". I have not earned a salary in the last 20 years but I still have income.

If you have $1 million in assets which yield 5% per annum, your yearly income is $50,000.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
6. Canada

It's easy to see why so many Singaporeans flock to Canada, given it's wide diversity of cultures. With Vancouver ranked the 3rd most liveable city in the world, and Toronto following after at number 4, Singaporeans can choose between living in the city or in a much more rural area. Also, with income tax

Length of visa: To live in Canada per*ma*nently or for more than six months a year, you usu*ally must apply for per*ma*nent res*i*dent sta*tus.

Minimum age: None

Requirements: If you're well edu*cated, you speak flu*ent English and French, and your spouse also has a uni*ver*sity degree, you're more likely to qual*ify. Also, another fac*tor is the amount of sav*ings you have.

Even though you're retired, if you can demonstrate that you have ample finan*cial resources to take care of your*self and your fam*ily, Canada will usu*ally look more favour*ably on your appli*ca*tion. And if you have funds to invest in Canada, that's another plus.

They have a simple and short survey you can take to find out if you are eligible for permanent residency.

This one looks interesting, but how do they define "ample financial resources"? Any kind soul can provide link to the "simple and short" survey?

Manager

Don't mess with me
Generous Asset
What's keeping u back on an island with makeshift hdb and rotten food? :confused:
The door is over there :rolleyes:

Singapore is not a place to retire. Makeshift HDB poor peasant housing types to retire make you sick. The food here sucks and all imported stuff no guarantee freshness.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From assets eg interest income, dividends, rent, annuities, pension, web based commerce etc.

Income isn't just "salary". I have not earned a salary in the last 20 years but I still have income.

If you have $1 million in assets which yield 5% per annum, your yearly income is $50,000.

From Sam's point:
Asset : only hdb, end of story
Interest income: bank or fd pays pittance, end of story
Dividend: seldom dabble in stock/bonds, end of story
Rent: only hdb, end of story
Annuities : term insurance, end of story
Pension: CPF, goalpost shifting, end of story
So it's back to work.........:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
From Sam's point:
Asset : only hdb, end of story
Interest income: bank or fd pays pittance, end of story
Dividend: seldom dabble in stock/bonds, end of story
Rent: only hdb, end of story
Annuities : term insurance, end of story
Pension: CPF, goalpost shifting, end of story
So it's back to work.........:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I'm sure most sinkies would be able to meet the requirements to retire in Thailand :

2. Thailand

Thailand is one of Singapore's favourite countries, and practically every Singaporean knows how to say "sawadeeka" or "sawakeekrap".

At the moment, you can live a fairly luxurious life in Thailand for under $1,000 a month including rent. Whether you'll be lazing on a beautiful Thai beach with a cocktail in hand or finding out how 60 is the new 20 at Thai discos, you won't have felt this good since never.

Best of all, the visa requirements are pretty easy to satisfy.

Length of visa: 1 year

Minimum age: 50

Requirements: At least 800,000 THB (32,000 SGD) in a Thai bank account OR proof of a monthly income of 65,000 THB (2,660 SGD) OR a combination of the two.

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia lumber one choice?

You pay me I also don't want to go.

Its a hellhole for muggers looters and carjackers.

Plus a Mongolian bomber.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
thailand is not safe if you think so, my friend's richie rich uncle was murdered in pattaya in the early 90s for his money.

Singapore is not as safe as you think either. I had a friend who was beaten up for no rhyme or reason. He now has permanent brain damage.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why not retire in Singapore? Senior citizens have Pioneer Generation medical rebates, CHAS card, Medishield Life, NTUC (for cheap groceries), monthly CPF payouts, and even part-time jobs with food court operators or security corporations. This is not including good security and low crime rate in Singapore, good public transport and reliable utilities.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why not retire in Singapore? Senior citizens have Pioneer Generation medical rebates, CHAS card, Medishield Life, NTUC (for cheap groceries), monthly CPF payouts, and even part-time jobs with food court operators or security corporations. This is not including good security and low crime rate in Singapore, good public transport and reliable utilities.

The amount you spend in sinkapore translate to living in luxury in many other countries.
Good public transport here ...which era are you referring to?
Reliable utilities is not equal to affordable utilities. Last time, I can afford to run aircon 24X7 at 22C. Now, I can afford to run aircon for sleep and at 24C.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The amount you spend in sinkapore translate to living in luxury in many other countries.
Good public transport here ...which era are you referring to?
Reliable utilities is not equal to affordable utilities. Last time, I can afford to run aircon 24X7 at 22C. Now, I can afford to run aircon for sleep and at 24C.

The public transport here is good for me. I am lucky that I have never been personally inconvenienced by the numerous public transport breakdowns. So during the previous or coming GE, this is a non-issue for me. The utilities is affordable for me based on my current income and alternative streams of income. So, for me and many others like me, PAP has done a good job and deserves my vote.