• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Woman claims that storeman who offered her a lift raped and robbed her

XingCai

Alfrescian
Loyal

Woman claims that storeman who offered her a lift raped and robbed her

Published on May 18, 2015 1:46 PM
By Selina Lum

SINGAPORE - A 34-year-old woman who had trouble getting a taxi at 5am got into the car of a stranger who offered to drive her further up the road.

But she claimed the "good Samaritan" raped and robbed her before kicking her out of his car after he had his way with her.

On Monday, 24-year-old storeman Haliffie Mamat stood trial in the High Court for raping the woman in his Proton Savvy along Kallang Bahru on May 4, 2013, and robbing her of her brand-name handbag and the items inside. He denies raping her and disputes the contents of her bag.

The prosecution has lined up 40 witnesses to prove its case against Haliffie in a trial scheduled for eight days.

Deputy Public Prosecutor Sellakumaran told the court that the victim, who cannot be named under a gag order, waited for about an hour along River Valley Road when Haliffie stopped his car and offered to drive her somewhere else where it was supposedly easier to get a taxi.

After she got into the front passenger seat, Haliffie offered to send her home. She dozed off in the car and when she woke up, the car had stopped.

The DPP said the evidence will show that Haliffie stopped the woman from alighting, threw her handbag to the backseat and raped her after a struggle.

After the rape, Haliffie drove off for a short distance, stopped the car, opened the door on her side and kicked her out to the road. He then drove off with her bag.

The stranded woman got into a taxi and told the cabby that she had been raped.

The cabby and a friend he subsequently picked up nearby will testify about that the woman had asked to go to the police station, said the DPP. Police officers on duty at the Geylang Neighbourhood Police Centre will also testify that the woman could not walk properly and was visibly injured when she told them she had been raped.

Haliffie was nabbed when he sold a mobile phone that was in her bag.

The prosecution will also lead medical evidence on her injuries and that she suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder as a result of her ordeal.

[email protected]

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Getting up a stranger car...in de middle of de nite is bad enuff...falling asleep some more...btw...guess de race de victim...:biggrin::biggrin:

Workaholic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Accused who gave woman a lift claims he meant to rob, not rape her

Published on May 21, 2015 7:41 AM
By Selina Lum

A STOREMAN accused of raping and robbing a woman he had offered a lift to told police a day after his arrest that he did not know why he had sex with her, the High Court heard yesterday on the third day of his trial.

Haliffie Mamat, 24, allegedly raped the 36-year-old woman in his car on the bridge along Kallang Bahru in the early morning of May 4, 2013, before kicking her out and driving off with her brand-name handbag.

In a statement on May 7 in response to a rape charge, he said: "Actually, my intention was just to rob, to get money. But I don't know why I cross over (sic), my mind, to have sex with the girl."

Haliffie also told Inspector Thermizi Tho that he hoped for a lighter sentence as he wanted to see his son, then a year and eight months old, grow up.

"I admit this is my mistake. I wish to apologise to this girl. I'm really sorry. The reason I did this was because I was under depression," he added, in the statement read out in court yesterday.

The prosecution's case is that Haliffie decided to rob the woman when he saw her waiting for a taxi along River Valley Road at 5am, but after she got into his car, he decided to rape her as well.

The alleged victim, who cannot be named, testified behind closed doors on Monday and Tuesday.

Yesterday, more details emerged as seven witnesses, including the cabby who drove the woman to a police station, the officers on duty at the time, as well as Haliffie's former wife and his best friend, took the stand.

From the testimonies, it emerged that the victim had been drinking alone at Clarke Quay and waited for a taxi for about an hour before Haliffie picked her up near the G-Max Reverse Bungy.

He stopped his car at the Kallang Bahru bridge where he allegedly raped her, then drove a short distance before he kicked her out at Block 65.

At the junction of Geylang Bahru, she hopped into the back of a taxi driven by Mr Onn Mokri. The cabby said she appeared "messy", smelt of alcohol and was holding a high-heeled shoe.

Crying and mumbling, she told him she wanted to go to the nearest police station because she had been raped. The cabby then picked up his friend, Ms Normah Salim, who suggested the Geylang Neighbourhood Police Centre. During the drive there, she kept repeating the words "help" and "police", said Ms Normah.

At the station, the woman, barefoot and with wounds on her elbows and knees, told Staff Sergeant Loi Jun Feng what happened to her but could not give full details as she was "very emotional", he said.

On May 5, Haliffie sent text messages to his best friend Abdul Hafiz Ayub, saying he would go to prison and asked him to take care of his family.

Haliffie's former wife, Madam Yunizar Hambali, said he did not return home after they quarrelled on May 3. In the early morning of May 5, she found their car at the carpark near their home. She found perfume and her husband's wallet under the steering wheel and $130 in the glove compartment.

Later that day, when Haliffie sent her a text message, she replied that she guessed he had committed a crime. Haliffie said he would surrender after seeing their son. On the night of May 6, police officers came to arrest him.

The trial continues today.

[email protected]

Workaholic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Robbery rapist blames depression for his crimes

Shaffiq Alkhatib The New Paper Saturday, May 23, 2015

20150521_rapescene_1.jpg

ACCUSED: Haliffie Mamat allegedly raped the woman on this bridge in Kallang Bahru on May 4, 2013.

He told the police that he just wanted to rob his alleged victim, not have sex with her.

"I don't know why I cross over my mind (sic) to have sex with the girl," Haliffie Mamat said in his statement.

The storeman is on trial for allegedly raping a woman on a bridge in Kallang Bahru between 6.30am and 6.45am on May 4, 2013.

He had earlier seen her waiting for a taxi on River Valley Road and offered her a ride in his car. The woman, who cannot be named due to a court order to protect her identity, had been drinking alone at a Clarke Quay club.

Haliffie, 24, is also accused of robbing the woman, who was then 34 and working for a logistics company, of a Louis Vuitton handbag valued at $1,630, two mobile phones worth around $1,300, about $300 in cash and a bottle of Bvlgari perfume valued at around $130.

In his police statement on May 7, 2013, he pleaded for a lighter sentence.

"I wish to apologise to this girl in person. I am really sorry. The reason I did this was I was depressed," he said.

Investigation officer Thermizi Tho took the stand on the third day of Haliffie's trial yesterday and read out the statement to Justice Kan Ting Chiu.

Haliffie's ex-wife, Ms Yunizar Hambali, who also took the stand yesterday, said they got married on Sept 25, 2010, and their divorce was finalised last June 26. They have a four-year-old son.

The court heard that she had a "heated quarrel" with Haliffie over some financial matters on May 3, 2013 - about 12 hours before the alleged rape.

After the tiff, he left their flat at Block 235, Bukit Batok East Avenue 5.

When he did not return the next two days, she decided to look for their car at a carpark near their home between 4am and 5am on May 5, 2013.

Ms Yunizar, who is unemployed, found the car and called Haliffie's uncle, known only as Wandi, to drive it away as she did not have a driving licence.

She said: "While waiting for Wandi to arrive, I searched the car since it was registered under my name and I did not know what Haliffie could have done with it."

In a small storage compartment under the steering wheel, she found a bottle of perfume and her ex-husband's wallet containing $2.50.

In the glove compartment, she found $130 and a small dark-coloured object that "looked like tobacco". Without taking notice of the perfume brand, she threw away the two items.

She used the money to shop for items including milk powder.

It was not mentioned in court when Haliffie went home. But Ms Yunizar said that the police turned up at their flat at about 10pm the next day and arrested him.

Testifying in court yesterday, Haliffie's best friend, Mr Abdul Hafiz Ayub, said that Haliffie sent him several text messages on May 5, 2013, asking him to help take care of his family.

The sales assistant said: "He stated that he had something in his car and that he would go to prison.

"He also informed me that he had a bottle of perfume in his car and that if his wife asked about it, he asked me to tell her that I had given it to him."

The court also heard yesterday that cabby Onn Mokri helped take the alleged rape victim to Geylang Neighbourhood Police Centre in his taxi at around 7am on May 4, 2013.

He said he was at the traffic light junction at Kallang Bahru and Geylang Bahru when she opened his taxi's left rear passenger door and entered.

BRUISED

Mr Onn added that her hair was very messy and she reeked of alcohol. She also had bruises on her left arm and knees.

The woman said "pain" and wanted to go to the nearest police station, the court was told. When the cabby asked why, she replied that she had been raped. But he could not understand most of what she was saying as she was crying and mumbling.

Mr Onn drove to Block 61, Geylang Bahru, to pick up a friend with whom he had planned to have breakfast.

They then went to the police centre where they told the police officers there about what had happened.

The trial resumes today.

If convicted of rape, Haliffie can be jailed between eight and 20 years, and receive at least 12 strokes of the cane.

And if convicted of robbery, he can be jailed between three and 14 years, and receive at least 12 strokes of the cane.

ABOUT THE CASE

He saw her waiting for a taxi by the roadside on River Valley Road at about 5am on May 4, 2013, and offered her a ride in his car.

The woman, 34, who had been drinking alone at Clarke Quay, accepted the offer.

But instead of sending her home as he had promised, storeman Haliffie Mamat, 24, drove her to a bridge in Kallang Bahru, where he allegedly robbed and raped her.

In the opening statement presented in court on Monday, the prosecution said that the woman had waited for a cab for about an hour when Haliffie pulled up.

She dozed off after getting into his car and woke up when they stopped on a bridge in Kallang Bahru.

The prosecution said Haliffie stopped her from alighting and threw her handbag to the back seat. He then raped her.

After he was done, Haliffie got back into the driver's seat and drove for a short while before he reached over to the front passenger door, opened it and kicked the woman out of the car.

He was arrested by the police after he sold a mobile phone that he had allegedly taken from her

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Testifying in court yesterday, Haliffie's best friend, Mr Abdul Hafiz Ayub, said that Haliffie sent him several text messages on May 5, 2013, asking him to help take care of his family.

Lucky...moi dun noe him...so no nid to take care of his family...:biggrin:

TauChiak

Alfrescian
Loyal

Kallang Bahru rapist gets 13 years' jail, 18 strokes of the cane

Published on May 27, 2015 6:26 PM

jopyHALIFFIE27e.jpg

Storeman Haliffie Mamat, who raped a woman in his car on a bridge in Kallang Bahru and robbed her of her handbag, was on Wednesday sentenced to 13 years' jail and 18 strokes of the cane. -- PHOTO: SINGAPORE POLICE FORCE

By Selina Lum

SINGAPORE - A storeman who raped a woman in his car on a bridge in Kallang Bahru and robbed her of her handbag was on Wednesday sentenced to 13 years' jail and 18 strokes of the cane.

Haliffie Mamat, 24, had offered the woman a lift in his Proton Savvy in the early morning of May 4, 2013, near Clarke Quay.

The 34-year-old woman, who had been drinking alone, accepted his offer as she could not get a taxi even after waiting for an hour.

She dozed off and when she woke up, the car had stopped at a bridge. Haliffie climbed over to her seat and raped her, telling her: "You can't do anything and just enjoy."

After the rape, he drove off for a short distance but stopped again. He then opened the door on her side, kicked her out and drove off with her branded handbag in the backseat.

Haliffie denied raping her and disputed the items in her bag. During the trial, he claimed that she willingly had sex with him and that he had only pushed, not kicked, her out of his car.

His lawyers, appointed under the Criminal Legal Aid Scheme, cast doubt on the reliability of the woman's testimony and her claim that Haliffie had grabbed her forearm and caused her hand to hit something in the car, which resulted in a bruise on the back of her hand.

On Tuesday, Senior Judge Kan Ting Chiu rejected his claim that the sex was consensual and found him guilty of rape. However, the judge amended the charge to a less serious one which did not involve any accusation that he had hurt her.

On Wednesday, Deputy Public Prosecutor S. Sellakumaran sought a sentence of 15 years and 18 strokes of the cane, arguing that Haliffie had betrayed her trust after luring her into his car and caused her to suffer trauma and pain.

Haliffie's lawyer, Mr Lionel Leo, asked for 10 years' jail and 18 strokes of the cane. He said that his client's offences were out of character as Haliffie's ex-wife had described him as a soft-spoken, hardworking and non-violent man.

[email protected]