• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Toyota Hilux Revo - all new pickup truck to be launch soon

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;WIy5fBR8dZA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIy5fBR8dZA[/video]

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Fooking PAP LTA will make this Bloody Pick Truck price of a Rolls Royce in other Cuntry!

LTA will FIX the COE sky high out of reach to the common Stickapoorean, FiX at $70K with
No Transparency in view!! all covered Up!

LTA staff will get 12 months bonus yearly with their Black Mail COE!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;eDSGLYqBCx4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDSGLYqBCx4[/video]

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
back to the topic. this toyota hylux is very cool and very good if we have chance to drive it for long distance.

my dream is to rent this car for a month at least and drive all the way from Singapore to Penang or further to Bangkok together with my hubby.

unfortunately, this car is categorized as commercial vehicle in Singapore.

Malaysians have been driving all the way to china using trucks, but they drive in convoys of several groups using Laos to Kunming. I heard on even went to Tibet. They have clubs that organises this.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Malaysians have been driving all the way to china using trucks, but they drive in convoys of several groups using Laos to Kunming. I heard on even went to Tibet. They have clubs that organises this.

Is there a lot of off-road driving or do they stick to the sealed roads?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
http://www.toyota.com.au/hilux/2015-new-hilux

NEXT-GENERATION HILUX REDEFINES TOUGHNESS

Four engines, including two newly developed turbo-diesels

New six-speed manual and automatic transmissions

Thicker, stronger frame and off-road protection

Locally developed rugged suspension package

Hi-Rider 2WD versions introduced

Advanced comfort, safety and convenience

Australia’s favourite ute Toyota HiLux is set to take its “unbreakable” DNA to new heights with the world premiere of an even tougher next-generation model. The global unveiling, staged simultaneously in Australia and Thailand, has taken the wraps off the eighth generation of a nameplate with a famed 47-year pedigree.

While the new HiLux, due in local Toyota showrooms from early October, is even tougher than its predecessor, the latest workhorse also features advanced comfort, safety and convenience – and is easier to drive than ever. New HiLux expands the model’s legendary prowess with an even stronger frame, four powerplants including two new high-torque turbo-diesel engines, increased towing capacity up to 3.5 tonnes^ and payloads of up to 1240kg.

Toyota’s Australian engineers took global responsibility for developing the rugged suspension package for the local HiLux with testing at the Anglesea proving ground and over sealed roads and off-road trails in Victoria, NSW and South Australia. The set-up – with improved off-road performance, better suppression of vibrations and improved roll stiffness – will also be used to provide superior ride and handling in the harsh conditions of South Africa, Russia and South America.

Toyota Australia’s executive director sales and marketing Tony Cramb said the first all-new HiLux since 2005 redefines the “unbreakable” tag.

“The next-generation Toyota HiLux inherits the core values of quality, durability and reliability – and takes those attributes to an even higher level,” Mr Cramb said.

“The introduction of an even stronger frame, new engines, greater off-road ability and car-like features ensures the next-generation HiLux combines the best features of a workhorse ute and a SUV,” he said.

“A highlight is the Australian-developed suspension that delivers increased wheel articulation, improved handling and greater comfort so owners can enjoy stress-free driving even with a full load.”

HiLux’s two newly developed GD-series four-cylinder common-rail turbo-diesel engines are notable for their low-end punch and develop substantially more torque than the current model’s 3.0-litre unit.

A 2.8-litre version offers up to 450Nm of torque, a gain of 25 per cent, while its 2.4-litre sibling generates up to 400Nm. In each case, fuel use has been reduced by around 10 per cent#.

Upgrades to HiLux’s 2.7-litre four-cylinder petrol engine have produced greater power, torque and fuel efficiency due to lower weight, enhanced combustion efficiency and reduced friction. The 4.0-litre petrol V6 engine continues.

Improved performance and economy are supported by new six-speed manual and automatic transmissions, including an “intelligent” manual transmission that helps eliminate shift shock by matching engine revs to the transmission speed.

HiLux will arrive in Australia with greater customer choice – 31 variants (now 23) with 4x2 and 4x4, three cabin styles (single, extra and double) and three equipment grades (WorkMate, SR and SR5). The expansion in HiLux variants is focused on adding more double cabs, more 4x4 variants, more diesel options and reintroducing 4x4 WorkMate. For the first time, the HiLux range includes Hi-Rider variants – a 2WD with the ride height and heavy-duty suspension of a 4WD model.

The double cab HiLux revealed in Australia features 18-inch wheels on a body that is sleeker and more muscular at 70mm longer and 20mm wider with a slightly lower roofline. The range also includes 16 and 17-inch wheels. Larger exterior dimensions and clever packaging have liberated more interior space front and rear and enabled designers to offer a more natural seating position. HiLux also benefits from a larger fuel tank (80 litres), all-terrain tyres on many variants and available LED headlights and DRLs.

Body rigidity has been improved with additional spot welds reinforcing HiLux’s toughness and contributing to better steering response. Greater use of high-tensile steel helps reduce weight while ensuring body strength. Toyota expects the entire next-generation HiLux range to attract the maximum five-star safety rating with stability and traction control, anti-lock brakes, reversing camera, seven airbags, hill-start assist and emergency stop signal all standard across the range.

Specifications are preliminary, based on pre-production information, and are subject to change.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Likewise in Thailand there are many kabak (pickup truck in Thai) clubs in Thailand and strangely like you said Kunming, Chongqing, Chengdu, Lhasa are their fav destinations and yes they travel in big group. My one of my sales manager a lady she's very into this and goes with her husband like twice a year each trip is at least 7 days. Many beautiful photos they took.

Is there a lot of off-road driving or do they stick to the sealed roads?

These trips are on-road only. For off-roads they often do it in Thailand, there are plenty of places for this here.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Holy crap the interior looks great, I thought I saw a cruise control and back aircon duct, I really like cruise control in Thailand. And it has push start button. Really cool.

[video=youtube;ol0mqreSu2k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol0mqreSu2k[/video]

Finding a very good reason to get one while not letting go of the V-Cross

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Went to see the truck yesterday, its a handsome dude indeed.

The dashboard is very modern with many gizmos you can think of

The very large LCD with controls

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hi Froggy:

Is this the new Fortuner that was launched together with the latest Revo because the grille looks very much like the 2011 facelift design.

http://www.toyota.co.th/fortuner/trd.php

Ok boss I finally had time to go for a final test drive yesterday evening.

1. The new Fortuner is not yet due for sale, likely to launch end/Jul or Aug. No price indication nor catalog yet also no actual vehicle to view but open for booking, yes booking without price and this Toyota dealer already had 20+ bookings.

2. Tested this truck, the top model which is what I am looking for

[video=youtube;fAS_POAawTI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAS_POAawTI[/video]

3. Strangely it feels like a smooth SUV (not so much like a car, guess its the height), steering may be a little light, very easy to drive. Power wise noting to complain. The interior is very posh the leather is suprisingly higher quality than the Isuzu V-Cross, comes with all the bells ringing whatever you can think of, including a 220V AC standard home jack for your rice cooker if you like.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
4. This is the price list

5. This truck comes with a lots of genuine Toyota accessories, all 4 pages long

Accessories Prices also 4 pages long

6. Verdict - its a truck to have. A Red will be my choice.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Ok boss I finally had time to go for a final test drive yesterday evening.

1. The new Fortuner is not yet due for sale, likely to launch end/Jul or Aug. No price indication nor catalog yet also no actual vehicle to view but open for booking, yes booking without price and this Toyota dealer already had 20+ bookings.

2. Tested this truck, the top model which is what I am looking for

3. Strangely it feels like a smooth SUV (not so much like a car, guess its the height), steering may be a little light, very easy to drive. Power wise noting to complain. The interior is very posh the leather is suprisingly higher quality than the Isuzu V-Cross, comes with all the bells ringing whatever you can think of, including a 220V AC standard home jack for your rice cooker if you like.

Thanks very much for the feedback. I'm almost sold on the truck but unfortunately, consumers nowadays are spoilt for choice.

The other car I am looking forward to trying out is the new Hyundai Tucson. Much as I love trucks the other members of the family prefer SUVs of the compact variety... ie the RAV4 sized vehicles.

The biggest selling point for the Hyundai is that you can get a top of the range model with all the extras for the same price as a base model Toyota of the same size. The new Tucson Elite Ltd has everything.... collision avoidance, lane departure warning, adaptive cruise control etc and the reliability gets better with each passing year.

http://autonationdrive.com/2015-nyias-2016-hyundai-tucson-gets-redesigned-upgraded/

There will always be those who say Korean is still crap but that's because they have not experienced the recent models first hand.

I went to test drive the Hyundai Genesis the other day and it was a smooth as any Lexus. The difference is in the price and Lexus is probably still more reliable. However, a hefty premium needs to be paid for the added reliability.

2016-hyundai-tucson-2015-nyc-auto-show-autonation-94_drive.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Nice. The Koreans should build their auto factories here in Thailand and give the Japs some serious competition. So far their presence here is almost nonexistent.

Cureent the Revo waiting time is 2 months. I'll post about the Fortuner here when launch

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Fortuner revealed in Sydney

[video=youtube;ynxBiHYcuHE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynxBiHYcuHE[/video]

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
And in Thailand

[video=youtube;oWJOlaFgU4I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWJOlaFgU4I[/video]

Thailand chosen for the global launch of new Toyota Fortuner
THE NATION July 18, 2015 1:00 am
[h=2]THE TOYOTA Motor Corporation has chosen Thailand for the global launch of the latest version of its popular Toyota Fortuner, with the Japanese automotive giant unveiling the sport-utility vehicle on Thursday.
[/h]In 2005, the first-generation Toyota Fortuner was introduced and, according to the company, created an unprecedented phenomenon for pickup-based multipurpose vehicles - not only in Thailand but also in overseas markets.

Toyota said the new SUV "unquestionably received a warm welcome from customers globally with its global manufacturing standard, quality, driving performance, fuel efficiency, utilisation and value for money".

The company said the vehicle had also "captured the hearts of Thai motorists".

Akito Tachibana, Toyota Motor executive chief engineer and managing officer, said: "Since its introduction into the markets in 2005, the Toyota Fortuner has celebrated outstanding achievements in many countries around the world.

"Thailand particularly is where the Toyota Fortuner has continuously taken a leadership position in the growing domestic pickup-truck-based passenger-vehicle segment with accumulated domestic sales of more than 220,000 units …

"Toyota is delighted to introduce another superior automobile that offers better driving pleasure and exceeds customer expectations with the new-generation, all-new Fortuner."

Tachibana said the SUV had created a "new definition" for this segment - "bringing its owner prestige at a truly superior level".

The company said the vehicle was created under the "true SUV with style and confidence" development concept.

It said the Fortuner was the outcome of the company's continuous pursuit of "redefining toughness" by offering customers a tough vehicle with drastically improved off-road capabilities.

Toyota said it had developed a stronger frame, which enabled the vehicle to withstand rough road conditions, and improved the four-link suspension system for a more comfortable ride.

"The new engine with high torque at lower revolutions provides torqueful driving," it said. "Furthermore, it redefines design with the tough and cool concept … Additionally, the perfection is enhanced by premium utility and safety features."

It said the vehicle's design was "tough, forceful and powerful" but at the same time boasted "swift and wavering lines" in both the interior and exterior, while it also had ample passenger space and was "fully equipped with convenience for perfect driving ecstasy".

Toyota says its newest generation of diesel common-rail engines combine fuel efficiency with flat torque and low exhaust emissions. The Fortuner is available with a six-speed automatic transmission to enhance driving performance.

The company said the new SUV ensured safety as it was fully equipped with global-standard technology with both protective and preventive systems.

Vudhigorn Suriyachantananont, senior vice president Toyota Motor Thailand, said: "The all-new Fortuner turns the tables big-time, as it is a multipurpose vehicle that was developed to create a new standard for vehicles in the same genre all around the world through four selling points ...

"This paves the way for our marketing message under the slogan of 'New Legend of the Pride', as we aim to use a marketing strategy to enhance awareness of the all-new Fortuner by covering all media as well as digital media online to foster full information for customers."

The company said it would provide an "incredible" experience for Thai consumers through a launch activity for the Fortuner at 435 Toyota showrooms from now until tomorrow. It said that after the official launch it would organise a roadshow in well-known department stores in every region for test-drives from August to October.

The Fortuner is available in five grades and seven colours - phantom brown and nebula blue are the two newly added colours.

The starting price is Bt1.19 million with a monthly sales target at 2,600 units.

Tachibana said: "I do trust that the all-new Fortuner will absolutely be another key product that comes to excite the [SUV] market once again. I therefore am confident that all the owners of the all-new Fortuner will be proud to own this ultimate automotive masterpiece."