• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

thailand signs contract with china to develop kra canal bye bye sinkieland entrpot

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: thailand signs contract with china to develop kra canal bye bye sinkieland entrpo

Budget for this kra project is US 2.8 billion.....
If use to built our MCE only can be 5km long.....
Wonder for kra can built until where.....

Regarding chavalit....
You Knn purposely misinfo again.
He never met with the top guys....he met them during his last visits in the 80s.....and then they weren't the top guys yet.
Kns your English comprehension got problem or purposely one?

Anyway chavalit got no respect from majority and establishment in thai. That's a fact.
Just passed away famous monk lp koon likes to publicly berate him as fatso. That's all well documented

so Narong, do you think the canal is a go ahead?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: thailand signs contract with china to develop kra canal bye bye sinkieland entrpo

so Narong, do you think the canal is a go ahead?

Eventually yes but my guess is not this round.
When all parties come onboard.
Thailand took forever to build their mrt but they got it finally after many false starts. Their airport is another example.
This is my pov from my experience in Thailand.....though I know many thais I dunno any big shots that will tell me any insider info.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Eventually yes but my guess is not this round.
When all parties come onboard.
Thailand took forever to build their mrt but they got it finally after many false starts. Their airport is another example.
This is my pov from my experience in Thailand.....though I know many thais I dunno any big shots that will tell me any insider info.

Yup, i guess so too.. Technology is advancing very fast now and by the time the Thais are ready to do it, they can do it by themselves already.. no need any partnership.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yup, i guess so too.. Technology is advancing very fast now and by the time the Thais are ready to do it, they can do it by themselves already.. no need any partnership.

It is not just about technology, the project may be BOT, build by China and owned and operated for five years and then transfer back to Thailand, this would reduce cost to the Thai Government.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Envy you guys can talk so freely. If I start talking sure kenna 112 in no time.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Envy you guys can talk so freely. If I start talking sure kenna 112 in no time.

there's a claim that china plans to build the world's longest high speed rail starting from beijing, then traverse through russia, the arctic ocean, bering straits, alaska, canada and the lower continental u.s., arriving somewhere in one of the rocky mountain states (colorado, idaho, colorado, nevada). and no official in russia, canada, or the u.s. even heard of this. lots of cannon fairy stories and claims cumming out of tua pau sian tiongland. :*:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

there's a claim that china plans to build the world's longest high speed rail starting from beijing, then traverse through russia, the arctic ocean, bering straits, alaska, canada and the lower continental u.s., arriving somewhere in one of the rocky mountain states (colorado, idaho, colorado, nevada). and no official in russia, canada, or the u.s. even heard of this. lots of cannon fairy stories and claims cumming out of tua pau sian tiongland. :*:

Even if its true I'd rather take a flight

zookeeper

Alfrescian
Loyal

do you think the canal is a go ahead?

May I say,
from financial standpoint, I think it will never be built.

1) Building cost is said to be US$28b
If return on investment is 3% (assuming this is reasonable), then yearly return must be US$840m
Each day you need US$2.3m return

2) If running cost of ship on water is about US$10k per day (read from some websites), and since saving is about 1.5 day
then maximum amount that shipowner is willing to pay is US$15k per ship

3) US$2.3m/US$15k = 153 ships ... how to get 153 ships to pass through the ship locks every day?

Operating cost of Kra canal, environmental cost etc etc yet to be taken into account.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

May I say,

If return on investment is 3% (assuming this is reasonable), then yearly return must be US$840m

2) If running cost of ship on water is about US$10k per day (read from some websites), and since saving is about 1.5 day

3) US$2.3m/US$15k = 153 ships ... how to get 153 ships to pass through the ship locks every day?

Operating cost of Kra canal, environmental cost etc etc yet to be taken into account.

the problem with tiong tua pau sian projects these days is not about business case, npv and payback period. it's all about lofty pie-in-the-sky projects to wow the world, capture media imagination, spend as though there are no limits to capital, promote tiong can-do attitude (forget the safety and reliability aspects), shoot for the moon, create jobs and security for the masses (so they don't revolt), get everybody in debt especially their banks (as they can manipulate their own currency and credit), insert their very visible presence all over the world, and leave the eventual mess and white elephants to their foreign partners. of course, they need their fingers everywhere in desperate cuntries looking for fdi's as there are raw materials to grab and markets to push their fake and fraudulent products. china is one big fucking fraud. :rolleyes:

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Snowpiercer?

snowpiercer.jpg

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Anything to do with Sino-Singapore Tianjin Eco-city?

Sinkieland got a shot to invest in Tianjin because it is Hu jingtao's territory. This shows how close the Pap was (is?) with the Jiang zheming faction and why the sinkie gahmen will continue to be snubbed under Xi jinping's leadership.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

May I say,

wait a minute,

you say ROI is 3% and yearly return must be US$840... why must be $840m...how many years did you divide that 28b?

As far as i know, if the canal is built, it will be there forever... why is there a need to place a time period for ROI for your stipulated amount of US$840m

the only issue is the daily expenses of running the canal.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

wait a minute,

you say ROI is 3% and yearly return must be US$840... why must be $840m...how many years did you divide that 28b?

As far as i know, if the canal is built, it will be there forever... why is there a need to place a time period for ROI for your stipulated amount of US$840m

the only issue is the daily expenses of running the canal.

Every business calculates ROI based on the number of years it takes to finance the project, hence a time line.

zookeeper

Alfrescian
Loyal

As far as i know, if the canal is built, it will be there forever...

If you put US$28B forever into bank deposit, bond etc, you would want to be paid interests every year.
SG bond pays 3.3% (?) over 10 years. To be prudent, I used a lower 3%.

Another way of putting it, like xebay11 said, the number of years to finance the project.

Of course, Thailand may "spend" the US$28B cash, instead of investing. Then the return can be disregarded, like you suggested.

Alamakinky

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

the problem with tiong tua pau sian projects these days is not about business case, npv and payback period. it's all about lofty pie-in-the-sky projects to wow the world, capture media imagination, spend as though there are no limits to capital, promote tiong can-do attitude (forget the safety and reliability aspects), shoot for the moon, create jobs and security for the masses (so they don't revolt), get everybody in debt especially their banks (as they can manipulate their own currency and credit), insert their very visible presence all over the world, and leave the eventual mess and white elephants to their foreign partners. of course, they need their fingers everywhere in desperate cuntries looking for fdi's as there are raw materials to grab and markets to push their fake and fraudulent products. china is one big fucking fraud. :rolleyes:

Instead of doing all these to get recognition , why don't they just continue to pee and pangsai everywhere, anytime and all the time to achieve their goal? Its less complicated.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Instead of doing all these to get recognition , why don't they just continue to pee and pangsai everywhere, anytime and all the time to achieve their goal? Its less complicated.

let's hope they pee and poo all over their fake hogwarts castle in hebei province. :biggrin:

image.jpg

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

If you put US$28B forever into bank deposit, bond etc, you would want to be paid interests every year.
SG bond pays 3.3% (?) over 10 years. To be prudent, I used a lower 3%.

Another way of putting it, like xebay11 said, the number of years to finance the project.

Of course, Thailand may "spend" the US$28B cash, instead of investing. Then the return can be disregarded, like you suggested.

i am not talking about disregarding it.. i am referring to getting the return eventually if their net intake every year is more than their expense. The canal is always there. it will not be gone. There is no rush in getting a return in some specific short period of time. What's the rush???

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

i am not talking about disregarding it.. i am referring to getting the return eventually if their net intake every year is more than their expense. The canal is always there. it will not be gone. There is no rush in getting a return in some specific short period of time. What's the rush???

Time is money, understand?

zookeeper

Alfrescian
Loyal

Another way to put it.
For such a big project, they need a banker to finance it.
Banker gets money from depositors like you and me, and pays us 3% interests every year.
In turn, banker gets at least 3% return from the project, so as to pay us interests.
If banker cannot get 3% to pay us interests, then amount owed will be compounded year on year.
Debt will be snowballing and banker may go bankrupt.

But if Thai has lots of money to spare, then they can make "long term" investment (sounds familiar?). :biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Another way to put it.
For such a big project, they need a banker to finance it.
Banker gets money from depositors like you and me, and pays us 3% interests every year.
In turn, banker gets at least 3% return from the project, so as to pay us interests.
If banker cannot get 3% to pay us interests, then amount owed will be compounded year on year.
Debt will be snowballing and banker may go bankrupt.

But if Thai has lots of money to spare, then they can make "long term" investment (sounds familiar?). :biggrin:

Unless, of course, the China govt is funding it, although indirectly through certain 'private companies'.

Remember, the Kra Canal is also a matter of military and strategic importance to China. Especially now that you have Philippines and Indonesia stirring shit against China in SE Asia.