• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

thailand signs contract with china to develop kra canal bye bye sinkieland entrpot

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: thailand signs contract with china to develop kra canal bye bye sinkieland entrpo

no logic to use rail cargoes to Singapore if ship take to 2 days to round up the tip of Singapore, one day each 1/2 round leh!

That will not happen, the container facilities will remain there. Most of the container traffic transiting thru the Straits of Malacca and rounding the island of Singapore, do not stop and offload containers here anyway. As far as I know, they load them up with China products and ship them to European markets, so these ships would not normally use the singapore port facilities, and could really benefit from the canal. For other ships that offload in singapore for the local and neighbouring markets like Indonesia and Malaysia, this will kill them. The Thais and Chinese will for sure build a container port at one or both of the entrances of this new canal and ships can be offloaded there to ship their containers via rail to thailand, Burma, malaysia and down to singapore. Rail traffic will have a significant boost. Singapore will see some loss, but still be a player in the port market.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Re: thailand signs contract with china to develop kra canal bye bye sinkieland entrpo

Numero Uno dua pao xian, all your stupid logic don't make sense if the bloody construction cost is so high and they have to charge ships a super high fee to sail through the Kra Isthmus, if the passage fees are higher than the savings of 1 to 2 days sailing time, which may even be less because of the very complicated lock system, then the ships may still decide to sail through the SOM and Singapore. Anyway you still have not wanted to take up my bet, I wonder why? since you are so cock sure this project will proceed and succeed.

Finally a voice of reason has spoken. The savings is not like the savings you will derived using the Panama Canal or the Suez canal. The savings is only 1200 km or 1.5 days. If the canal cost to much to build and they have to recuperate the cost by higher fees charged to ships that use it, many will just skip it and continue to use the old way. But with new technology and cheap labour ala Thai and China labour, it might be cost effective to build it. Remember the Panama canal was build 2-3 generations ago, as was the Suez canal. No other significant canal has been build since then. With new GPS and other technology, they could build this in a fraction of the time and perhaps a fraction of the cost too. Remember too the Chinese have a track record of on time and on cost large project performance.

However, for time sensitive users like the US Navy, this 1.5 days savings is invaluable. If they have to move their forward position ships from Diego garcia in the Indian Ocean to support South Korea for instance, shaving 1.5 days of the sailing time could be the difference between win and lose. Same reasoning if they have to move some of their gulf war fleets to the South China sea, or Sea of Japan. Also, I am sure they will recover some of the cost not thru canal fees but by the construction of one or 2 container ports at the entrance of each end of the canal. Ships can offload there instead of going down to tanjung Pelapas or singapore.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

no logic to use rail cargoes to Singapore if ship take to 2 days to round up the tip of Singapore, one day each 1/2 round leh!

You cannot avoid it. ALL offloaded container and cargo from ships must be transported either by truck or rail out of the port. You either transport it from Port of Singapore or from a canal port. I would think that in theory, you could tranship a cargo out of a new build canal port to Thailand and Malaysia alot easier than having a ship sail 600 km down to singapore, off load its container and ship it back up 350km to say KL.You would tranship it from a canal port straight to KL, I would think. But i am no NOL exec.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I don't think so. the largest CIA staff might be here in singapore. Its closer to the action where they can monitor fundamentalist muslim threats in Indonesia and Malaysia. As well as in the Phillippines. Many US agencies are already here, maybe all of them. i was quite surprise to find out even the US Coast Guard and the DEA are here.

The americans do not care about the coup d'etats and who gets overthrown in Thailand. Why? The one being overthrown was in all likelihood a US trained and or pro US General or govt., and the one taking over is more likely the same. Non of the Thai generals are left wing, or communists, or radical extremists. Thailand have had so many coup etats thru the decades and each time, they are still friends with the US. Even if the US knew nothing about the coup d'etats, they can be confident they will not be expelled from the country or lose influence with whatever new govt is there.

This is very true....US being the bastion of democracy have to wayang and kbkp whenever thai got coups....
But since it is always status quo and business as usual so they just close one eye....
You never see sanctions imposed or ambassadors being recalled.....just some cautionary statements that's it.
U.S. Thai abang adek regardless of who's in charge

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

having kra canal help china bypass US 7th fleet blockage at SOM? that a dumb idea as it become easier just to block the canal entrance and exit point can liao. station 7th fleet at gulf of Thailand can also block just as easy as in SOM.

thai change govt as fast as women change clothes. MOU don't worth the paper it printed on.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal

You cannot avoid it. ALL offloaded container and cargo from ships must be transported either by truck or rail out of the port. You either transport it from Port of Singapore or from a canal port. I would think that in theory, you could tranship a cargo out of a new build canal port to Thailand and Malaysia alot easier than having a ship sail 600 km down to singapore, off load its container and ship it back up 350km to say KL.You would tranship it from a canal port straight to KL, I would think. But i am no NOL exec.

all you guys(or is it pussies) talk like small kids. I laugh when I read such childish posts. You think those billiionaires , military generals , engineers and spy chiefs(with years of experience in investing and fighting wars/diplomacy) and all the intel in China, Thailand and all the think tanks would not have thought out all the problems and contingencies when they would invest some $20 billion dollars in another country??? you all are like the SAF generals talking big but cannot even catch mas selamat or hande the little india riots!! LOL ununun...un ..un. unbelievable
You guys take the cake like some farking stupid whining idiots . I would not dignify anymore of such true idiocy with any info. Just like when China said they are going to send a man to space a few years ago. alotof similar idiots here laugh. where are they now??? empty vessels make teh most noise(ie heckling) Like I said alot of you are just plain stupid and sit in your fat ass and heckle. no wonder tonychat said to avoid sinkies like you all. he is right.

Last edited:

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal

Numero Uno dua pao xian, all your stupid logic don't make sense if the bloody construction cost is so high and they have to charge ships a super high fee to sail through the Kra Isthmus, if the passage fees are higher than the savings of 1 to 2 days sailing time, which may even be less because of the very complicated lock system, then the ships may still decide to sail through the SOM and Singapore. Anyway you still have not wanted to take up my bet, I wonder why? since you are so cock sure this project will proceed and succeed.

what stupid bet you talking about, you don't have the millions dollars that we in the top class wagers frequently. you don't even know there is wifi in first class and cannot even afford a business class ticket so don't talk cock here. at least certain longtime forummers here like GD know my info and I am credible. as for you only toonychats have crap for you. hahahha

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

what stupid bet you talking about, you don't have the millions dollars that we in the top class wagers frequently. you don't even know there is wifi in first class and cannot even afford a business class ticket so don't talk cock here. at least certain longtime forummers here like GD know my info and I am credible. as for you only toonychats have crap for you. hahahha

Still no bet and all hot air, ok no need bet with me, bet openly on this forum. Now is the time for you to prove yourself. Come on chicken shit!

zookeeper

Alfrescian
Loyal

The savings is only 1200 km or 1.5 days.

Lucky if 3/4 day saving.
Going through the ship locks upwards and then downwards can easily waste 8 hours (reference to 3 gorges dam)
To queue for your turn to use ship locks would be :mad::mad::mad: hours.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal

Still no bet and all hot air, ok no need bet with me, bet openly on this forum. Now is the time for you to prove yourself. Come on chicken shit!

There is no need for me to prove myself to nobodies like you. if you don't believe what I said , it's fine with me. I am not bothered..This is just a pastime for me as I love putting down hot air braggarts who knows little to show them that truth is indeed stranger than fiction. obviously you still don't get it. alot of hints were given in my past posts and if you are somebody important you would have roughly guess who I am by connecting the dots. hahahah. so far only 1 person came very close and after taht , he stop heckling. hahhaha. human are funny thing.

GramStroker

Alfrescian
Loyal

【中国驻泰使馆回应“中泰拟建运河”:中国迄今未参与相关研究和任何具体合作】今日,有报道称:中泰拟建“克拉运河”绕开马六甲海峡,引发热传。就此,中国驻泰国大使馆表示,据使馆了解,中国政府有关部门迄今为止没有参与关于此项目的研究和任何具体合作,也未就此问题发表过任何立场。

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

There is no need for me to prove myself to nobodies like you. if you don't believe what I said , it's fine with me. I am not bothered..This is just a pastime for me as I love putting down hot air braggarts who knows little to show them that truth is indeed stranger than fiction. obviously you still don't get it. alot of hints were given in my past posts and if you are somebody important you would have roughly guess who I am by connecting the dots. hahahah. so far only 1 person came very close and after taht , he stop heckling. hahhaha. human are funny thing.

Aya always same old excuses, everyone is a nobody and nobody knows your nobody friends, and in the end you prove nothing. Ha ha ha ha go back and do your homework boy.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

【中国驻泰使馆回应“中泰拟建运河”:中国迄今未参与相关研究和任何具体合作】今日,有报道称:中泰拟建“克拉运河”绕开马六甲海峡,引发热传。就此,中国驻泰国大使馆表示,据使馆了解,中国政府有关部门迄今为止没有参与关于此项目的研究和任何具体合作,也未就此问题发表过任何立场。

It's done by a private Chinese company.

http://splash247.com/china-and-thailand-signs-mou-to-develop-kra-canal/

Beijing clarifies stance on proposed Kra Canal
MAY 19TH, 2015 Jason Jiang JASON JIANG ASIA
Guangzhou: Media reports had suggested China and Thailand had signed an MoU in Guangzhou last Friday for the construction of Kra Canal project, which is expected to take 10 years to complete with an investment of at least $28bn . However, the Chinese government said today it was not behind the plans, saying it was private Chinese money involved.

The 26 m deep and less than 100 km long canal will be the largest in Asia upon completion of the project. The canal will link the South China Sea directly with the Andaman Sea cutting down the current route by at least 1,200 km, meaning ships will no longer have to pass through the increasingly congested and piracy-plagued Strait of Malacca.

The MOU follows the recent implementation of China’s new “One Belt, One Road” (New Silk Road Economic Belt and 21st Century Maritime Silk Road) initiatives which vows to enhance trade connectivity in the Eurasia region.

The University of International Business and Economics in Beijing has been working with the National Committee for the Study of the Kra Canal Project on the pre-feasibility study.

Chinese telecoms tycoon Wang Jing is currently building a canal in Nicaragua to rival the Panama Canal.

The Suez Canal was also privately owned until it became nationalised.

Administrator

Alfrescian
Loyal

BANGKOK: Senior Thai officials on Tuesday (May 19) denied reports that Thailand has signed an agreement with China to develop a shipping canal through the Kra Isthmus, south of Thailand.

Media reports emanating from China suggest the Thai and Chinese governments have made an agreement in Guangzhou on a canal through the narrowest part of the Malay Peninsula in southern Thailand.

If realised, the project would allow ships from the Indian Ocean to access the Gulf of Thailand, bypassing the congested Straits of Malacca.

According to the news reports, the Kra Canal project will take a decade to complete and will incur the cost of US$28 billion. However, a Thai Transport Ministry official said the project is not in the pipeline. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs also stated there has been no agreement between the Thai and Chinese governments on this matter.

According to Dr Panitan Wattanayagorn, security advisor to Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan, the reports from China might have been a result of a misunderstanding.

The Kra Canal Committee in Thailand comprises businessmen and former officials who conduct studies on the feasibility of the project. However, none of the governments have officially initiated the scheme.

Although several Thai leaders since the 1930s have suggested the Kra Canal project as an alternative shipping lane to the Straits of Malacca, linking the Indian Ocean with the Gulf of Thailand, the plan has never been materialised due to its enormous cost and possible damage to the communities as well as environment in southern Thailand.

- CNA/pp

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

BANGKOK: Senior Thai officials on Tuesday (May 19) denied reports that Thailand has signed an agreement with China to develop a shipping canal through the Kra Isthmus, south of Thailand.

Media reports emanating from China suggest the Thai and Chinese governments have made an agreement in Guangzhou on a canal through the narrowest part of the Malay Peninsula in southern Thailand.

If realised, the project would allow ships from the Indian Ocean to access the Gulf of Thailand, bypassing the congested Straits of Malacca.

According to the news reports, the Kra Canal project will take a decade to complete and will incur the cost of US$28 billion. However, a Thai Transport Ministry official said the project is not in the pipeline. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs also stated there has been no agreement between the Thai and Chinese governments on this matter.

According to Dr Panitan Wattanayagorn, security advisor to Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan, the reports from China might have been a result of a misunderstanding.

The Kra Canal Committee in Thailand comprises businessmen and former officials who conduct studies on the feasibility of the project. However, none of the governments have officially initiated the scheme.

Although several Thai leaders since the 1930s have suggested the Kra Canal project as an alternative shipping lane to the Straits of Malacca, linking the Indian Ocean with the Gulf of Thailand, the plan has never been materialised due to its enormous cost and possible damage to the communities as well as environment in southern Thailand.

- CNA/pp

Wah numero uno dua pao xian fired too early liao, everyday hide behind the cloud of "you are nobody, only I know" now kena exposed big time, last post can even say got mysterious high level people involved, only his inner circle can connect the dots WTF, no wonder this cur dare not even take my public bet. Pui pui pui. Numero Uno bull shitter small boy. Since all high level officials deny this, maybe only the long kang gang involved and that shows how high numero uno's circle is, or maybe even imaginary one.

That's why last time I exposed him when he say he take taxi to take private jet especially in Asia, I knew something wrong already.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

..Senior Thai officials on Tuesday (May 19) denied reports that Thailand has signed an agreement with China to develop a shipping canal through the Kra Isthmus, south of Thailand.
Although several Thai leaders since the 1930s...plan has never been materialised due to its enormous cost and possible damage to the communities as well as environment in southern Thailand.
thai change govt as fast as women change clothes. MOU don't worth the paper it printed on.
Latest corrects the hullabaloo, and puts this in right perspective. Old hat from eons ago, resurfacing yet again (not first or last time) :cool:

lantau

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wah numero uno dua pao xian fired too early liao, everyday hide behind the cloud of "you are nobody, only I know" now kena exposed big time, last post can even say got mysterious high level people involved, only his inner circle can connect the dots WTF, no wonder this cur dare not even take my public bet. Pui pui pui. Numero Uno bull shitter small boy. Since all high level officials deny this, maybe only the long kang gang involved and that shows how high numero uno's circle is, or maybe even imaginary one.

That's why last time I exposed him when he say he take taxi to take private jet especially in Asia, I knew something wrong already.

Dont screw around with numero uno, the banks borrow money from him.