• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

StarHub issues response to man's $400 data roaming bill shocker after Stomp report

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
StarHub issues response to man's $400 data roaming bill shocker after Stomp report
Posted on 16 May 2015 | 9,009 views | 18 comments

StarHub has issued a response regarding Stomper Gui Jie's $400 worth of mobile phone charges for overseas data roaming during a trip to Thailand in February this year.

Gui Jie recounted what happened during his trip:

"I recently saw that there was a $15 flat fee data roaming plan that StarHub was offering.

"Once I arrived in Thailand, I connected to the preferred network as told by the customer service officer and all was well until I decided to head down for dinner without my phone as it was going flat.

"I later found that while I was at dinner, the network somehow switched and my push mails chalked up the data charges.

"Several text messages had come in from StarHub stating that I have incurred over $400 in charges."

A spokesperson from StarHub has clarified what happened.

Said the spokesperson:

"After our investigations last month, we had explained to Stomper Gui Jie that the data roaming charges were in order, and were a result of the phone being set on automatic network selection.

"This means that the phone was able to automatically connect to any mobile network while overseas.

"To protect our customers’ interests, we will send them SMS notifications on how to effectively manage data roaming costs when they arrive at an overseas destination.

"Customers who want to avoid incurring unwanted data roaming charges should dial *100# or use our ‘Roam Manager’ app to disable data roaming service completely."

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: StarHub issues response to man's $400 data roaming bill shocker after Stomp repor

Next time buy a Thai SIM Card with Data.

0.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: StarHub issues response to man's $400 data roaming bill shocker after Stomp repor

Overseas prepay cards are cheaper & safer. You are only liable for whatever value is on the card.