• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Throwing integrity out the window with degree mills

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After the grilling by MPs from the Workers’ Party, MOM’s website is now showing the difference between Accredited, Degree Mill and Forged Degree. It is sad that barely a month after Ah Gong’s departure, these MIWs have, in ONE STROKE, destroyed the integrity and honesty that have been painstakingly built for the last FIFTY years!!

Now, I finally understand why the ministers have been keeping quiet on this. At first, I was naive to think that staying silent meant “acting blur”. I can live with “acting blur” because I did that when I was doing my National Service. BUT, to come out and outright declare that that there is nothing wrong with accepting people from degree mills is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE!!

To me, it is very plain and simple, use of degree mill is tantamount to cheating!! WHY? Let’s look at Nisha’s defence that she did not know Southern Pacific University (SPU) was a degree mill. Is that possible in the first place? These are the characteristics of a degree mill:

a) In terms of teaching, there is very little OR no study even!! There is also little OR zero interaction with the teaching staff!!!

b) There is no teaching facilities, for example no library!!

c) Tuition and fees are way much cheaper than what it will traditionally cost at a real university. An MBA from NTU will set one back more than $60,000. The MBA from Southern Pacific University is not even $20,000!!

d) Even on-line support is weak! Go and take a look at the SPU website, most of the links are not even working!!

In Australia, it is a CRIMINAL offence to call an institution a university OR issue university degrees. The same goes for Germany!!

WHY then, is SINGAPORE so special?! We now even have degree mills operating in our backyard!! YES, King’s International Business School has recently been shut down by the government. HOWEVER, no directors or members have been charged or arrested!! Another silent consent on the operation of degree mills in Singapore? Is the PAP government aiming for Singapore to become a hub for degree mills?!

Our children are really poor things. They go through THREE rigorous rounds of national examinations, PSLE, O-Level and A-Level examinations before finding themselves at the doorstep of the prestigious NUS or NTU. NOW, the government says it is alright to take in people who have gotten their degrees from degree mills. WHY in the first place, do you tell your children to work so hard then? Spend some money, go online and get them a PHD instead!!

The government’s endorsement that degree mills are acceptable will ultimately open the floodgate to MORE people with fake degrees to come to Singapore to work. It is the opening of a very dark chapter in the modern history of SINGAPORE!! My friends are telling me that I am stupid to think like that. The fact that the government has OPENLY come out to endorse this means that the floodgates were already open and the government has already employed hundreds of people from degree mills!!

I have always thought that Ah Gong’s departure while sad will not shake PAP up too much. YET, it seems that the rest of the men in white are determined to bring an end to integrity, honesty and meritocracy in our society!! No longer is it necessary for you to work hard for a degree, you can just go online to purchase one!! I have always said, don’t honor Ah Gong by changing our airport’s name OR putting his face on a 50-dollar bill!! Honor him by ensuring that his legacy for building this country remains intact!!

These ungrateful brats are destroying our trust in the civil service. Already we are not happy with the excessive salaries of PAP ministers and MPs. Just ask President Obama and President Xi Jinping who earn only a fraction of what these MIWs are earning. Mind you these two men have the power to put an end to civilization as we know it!! EVEN President Xi has recently come out to say,

“要发财就不要当官,要当官就不要发财!!”

If only our PAP politicians can learn from the leader of a nation with 1.3 billion people!!

Prof MC First

* Submitted by TRE reader.

http://www.tremeritus.com/2015/05/14/throwing-integrity-out-the-window-with-degree-mills/

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believe kings was shut down because of insolvency and bad debts and students not getting their degrees?not because PAP give a shit about degree mills?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WHY then, is SINGAPORE so special?!

60%: Uniquely Sinkapore what! *hee*hee*

40%: As in you will vote for your FAP masters no matter what happens?

60%: Ahbathen?

40%: *shake head*

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Integrity is when you die you leave behind your name. Depending on what you did to for the people, you name will last a long time.

Remember one Singapore Indian Olympic medalist reporter always call him up to say something when Olympic time is near. He was not paid he get fed up.

That cyclist Armstrong for drug cheat his name will forever be mentioned when it come to sport drug cheat and this is integrity.

That's right. What good is integrity if you are hungry? Better to open those legs and cheerfully serve your customers. :wink:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Integrity is when you die you leave behind your name. Depending on what you did to for the people, you name will last a long time.

Remember one Singapore Indian Olympic medalist reporter always call him up to say something when Olympic time is near. He was not paid he get fed up.

That cyclist Armstrong for drug cheat his name will forever be mentioned when it come to sport drug cheat and this is integrity.

Ah Gong was full of integrity. Look at what he left behind.

procession2.jpg

D

Deleted member 80916

Is the University of Las Vegas - branch located at the National Library, also a degree mill ? Thanks