• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Minister Lawrence Wong: SG50 over-budget, require $4 million and maybe more taxes

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://statestimesreview.com/2015/0...udget-require-4-million-and-maybe-more-taxes/

[h=1]Minister Lawrence Wong: SG50 over-budget, require $4 million and maybe more taxes[/h]admin / 2 hours ago May 13, 2015

In the latest interview with Channel News Asia, celebration for SG50 was initially budgeted at $5 million to fund 260 projects led by “Singaporeans”. Each project would be evaluated and the successful ones will have 90% of their expenditures, capped at $50,000, subsidized by the Singapore Government.

Screenshot from YouTube

However, the Singapore Government approved more than 260 projects bringing the total up to 330 projects resulting in an over-budget of $4 million totaling up to $9 million. The Singapore Government do not intend to stop at $9 million though, this is what Minister Lawrence Wong said:

“As there are more ground-up projects that have come forward, we are now setting aside S$9 million to support these projects. From now to August, I believe there will be more applicants because we are still seeing more interest. So I’m quite sure we will go beyond 330 and additional projects may need more support. If need be, we’ll put in additional budget to support that.”

What do you think of Minister Lawrence Wong’s poor budgeting? Do you think the late Mr Lee Kuan Yew would approve spending so much money on this “celebration”?
Below is an eulogy of Mr Lee Kuan Yew by former Minister Sidek Saniff:
“Second question: “You have an overcoat?” I think he knew that people may not use overcoats frequently. I said: “I’ll buy one.”

He said: “No need, Don’t waste money.” He paused for a while and said: “Ahmad Mattar has a good overcoat. Borrow from him.”

Third question: “Do you have the boots to cover your shoes?” This time, I tried to convince him that I could buy the boots myself because they would cost me at most $100.
But he said: “Oh, don’t waste money, don’t waste money.”

He was very thrifty. That was how he handled our money, our kitty. That thrift must start from you. That was his clear message.”
May 13, 2015 in Featured, Latest News. Tags: $9 million, Lawrence Wong, SG50

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SINGAPORE: Students and teachers in the Republic will each be given a special set of "Building My SG" Lego bricks to commemorate Singapore's Golden Jubilee.

The bricks can be used in class to construct three iconic Singapore Landmarks - Cavenagh Bridge, Changi Airport and Gardens by the Bay - each representing a distinctive aspect of Singapore.

The Education Ministry says with creative play, it is hoped that the bricks will open meaningful opportunities for students to learn about these landmarks and their significance of what they represent in the history and progress of Singapore.

As a lead up to National Day, students will also use the set to collaborate an design the Singapore of their future together in the classroom .

Those in primary schools, secondary schools, special education schools, Junior Colleges, ITE and Polytechnics will receive their sets progressively by National Day. Primary-level home-schoolers and full time Madrasah students will also be entitled to the SG50 gift.

There are 600,000 sets in total, and the sets will also be made available for purchase after National Day by the distributor Duck Learning.

Source :
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/mobile/singapore/students-to-get-lego-sets/1843376.html

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A very simple case of using taxpayers' money to generate goodwill for govt/PAP.
The same way they distributed quality booklets to all households on some giveaways just before the last election.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A song for Lee Hsien Loong.

Do you get
Do you get a little kick out of being slow-minded?
You want to be like your father
It's approval you're after
Well that's not how you find it

Do you
Do you really enjoy living a life that's so hateful?
'Cause there's a hole where your soul should be
You're losing control of it and it's really distasteful

[video=youtube;yFE6qQ3ySXE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFE6qQ3ySXE[/video]