• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore was not fishing village but opium house owned by Angmoh Brit in 1900s

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Coming fresh from a tour of the opium-dens of Singapore, I must say that item caused some mental confusion. It must also be confusing to the Chinese. It must be very perplexing to a Chinese sailor, who arrives in Liverpool on a ship from Singapore, to find such a variation in customs. To come from a part of the British Empire where opium smoking is freely encouraged, to Great Britain itself where such practices are not tolerated. He must ask himself, why it is that the white race is so sedulously protected from such vices, while the subject races are so eagerly encouraged. It may occur to him that the white race is valuable and must be preserved, and that subject races are not worth protecting. This double standard of international justice he must find disturbing. It would seem, at first glance, as if subject races were fair game-if there is money in it. Subject races, dependents, who have no vote, no share in the government and who are powerless to protect themselves-fair game for exploitation.

Is this double-dealing what we mean when we speak of "our responsibility to backward nations, 1) or of "the sacred trust of civilization" or still again when we refer to "the White Man's burden " ?

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/history/om/om4.htm

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TS no use writing about this la. "chinks are the scum of the earth" and it's from someone that openly claims he himself is a chink. The funny thing is that whites and i guess other races protect themselves well while chinese only know how to suck up to them and other non chinese and sabo themselves and only be nice to their own race when they are in trouble.

Seriously the chinese dog aka chinese uncle tom syndrome is pretty big among chinese.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
what rubbish you talking?

Angmoh are real scumbags of the earth.

Fighting Fire With Fire
China reluctantly decided to destroy the Western opium trade by flooding the market with domestic opium. It was a painful decision, for Chinese rulers held that production of opium, for any reason, would “provoke the judgment of Heaven and the condemnation of men.”
It certainly provoked Britain’s condemnation, which resented China’s infringement upon her private opium monopoly. By 1876, China was earning over 1.5 million annually from opium, but Sir R. Alcock told the House of Commons that China would gladly abandon the trade if Britain stopped her own trafficking.

Five years later, Sir R. Alcock, the stalwart anti-opium crusader, sold out.

http://www.amoymagic.com/OpiumWar.htm

You think angmohs get funds to develop Singapore from their own motherland money? A white race from a small island in Europe colonized 1/3 of the world where would they get money to do that to develop build roads, colonial buildings, bungalows, bridges trains and so on to all of them?

Drug money is easy money and spend like waters.

TS no use writing about this la. "chinks are the scum of the earth" and it's from someone that openly claims he himself is a chink. The funny thing is that whites and i guess other races protect themselves well while chinese only know how to suck up to them and other non chinese and sabo themselves and only be nice to their own race when they are in trouble.

Seriously the chinese dog aka chinese uncle tom syndrome is pretty big among chinese.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why dont you write a textbook to show this? So far, I've not seen a history or economics book that says this.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Why dont you write a textbook to show this? So far, I've not seen a history or economics book that says this.

Of course not you twit. You're reading PAP's propaganda.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what rubbish you talking?

Angmoh are real scumbags of the earth.

Fighting Fire With Fire
China reluctantly decided to destroy the Western opium trade by flooding the market with domestic opium. It was a painful decision, for Chinese rulers held that production of opium, for any reason, would “provoke the judgment of Heaven and the condemnation of men.”
It certainly provoked Britain’s condemnation, which resented China’s infringement upon her private opium monopoly. By 1876, China was earning over 1.5 million annually from opium, but Sir R. Alcock told the House of Commons that China would gladly abandon the trade if Britain stopped her own trafficking.

Five years later, Sir R. Alcock, the stalwart anti-opium crusader, sold out.

http://www.amoymagic.com/OpiumWar.htm

You think angmohs get funds to develop Singapore from their own motherland money? A white race from a small island in Europe colonized 1/3 of the world where would they get money to do that to develop build roads, colonial buildings, bungalows, bridges trains and so on to all of them?

Drug money is easy money and spend like waters.

if you care to actually read my post and look into it i am saying you are fighting a losing battle due to the chinese dog syndrome amongst sinkie chinese. So no matter how you write about ang mohs they will always garner a good impression.

Anyway don't act like other chinese who only act garang towards other chinese but become cowards when they are faced with non chinese.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I was young I have to take my grandmother to smoke opium every 3 days and find it disturbing. I started to dig in to find the cause and bloody Pommies are the culprits killing Chinese with opium and were drug lords and traffickers gangsters.

Today they pretend to forget this shameful histories of theirs but we should expose them to their descendants Princes William and Harris.

Give them a taste of their own medicine.

TS is a typical chinese educated hua xiao sheng

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why don't u condemn chairman mao cultural revolution?
many educated chinese were forced to leave china because of him.
many of the committed suicide and died.
many of them forced to leave china and work as prostitutes in Singapore and Ipoh

When I was young I have to take my grandmother to smoke opium every 3 days and find it disturbing. I started to dig in to find the cause and bloody Pommies are the culprits killing Chinese with opium and were drug lords and traffickers gangsters.

Today they pretend to forget this shameful histories of theirs but we should expose them to their descendants Princes William and Harris.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can understand where you coming from. Sinkies still think angmohs built Singapore a trading port and angmohs are the best?

NOT when they realized that angmohs really built modern Singapore for you from their own pockets/ funded by the England economy? Wait long long.

Drugs money were used to build Singapore in the 1800s - 1900s? The Japs cold be right when they said they came to free Malaya from the British?

Get rid of Brit drug traffickers and drug lords from Singapore and China?

if you care to actually read my post and look into it i am saying you are fighting a losing battle due to the chinese dog syndrome amongst sinkie chinese. So no matter how you write about ang mohs they will always garner a good impression.

Anyway don't act like other chinese who only act garang towards other chinese but become cowards when they are faced with non chinese.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is another issue I am NOT into it leave it for another day.

More interested in Brit colony of Singapore and what they did to Singapore and why Singapore prospers under Brit and where they get the money from to build Singapore?

Drug money were used to build Singapore? Shocking.

why don't u condemn chairman mao cultural revolution?
many educated chinese were forced to leave china because of him.
many of the committed suicide and died.
many of them forced to leave china and work as prostitutes in Singapore and Ipoh

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Poppy seeds originally is simply a spice, once grounded it functions like pepper and can be added into Indian salads and also soups. I learned it from the mother of my best friend an Indian. Drugs what drugs? It's simply a spice. I still using it for my biryani and salads.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You're a bird-brained ignoramus brought up on a overdose of PAP propaganda via Social Studies and History textbooks.

The TS quoted a passage from a book, Opium Monopoly, by the famous American war-time nurse and journalist Ellen LaMotte, who spent World War I treating European soldiers and later travelling the Orient where she saw first-hand the horrors of opium addiction fostered by the Brits on the subject races of the empire and wrote 6 books.

LaMotte was awarded the Lin Tse Hsu Memorial Medal by the Chinese Nationalists in 1930 for chronicling her experiences in the Far East.

These personal chronicles form an important body of work to which historians refer when researching and writing on British colonial history.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And back in 1917 we were not a fishing village:

"We learned that the opium trade was freely indulged in, at Singapore, fostered by the Government. Singapore is a large city of about 300,000 inhabitants, a great number of which are Chinese. It has wide, beautiful streets, fine government buildings, magnificent quays and docks-a splendid European city at the outposts of the Orient. We found that a large part of its revenue is derived from the opium traffic-from the sale of opium, and from license fees derived from shops where opium may be purchased, or from divans where it may be smoked. The customers are mainly Chinese."

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

The Brits are smart. The Chinese are stupid. Just accept this fact and move on.

Ang Mohs are the best!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
more info can actually be found on the sg gov website: eresources.nlb.gov.sg. in 1848, 15000 out of 20000 chinese immigrants to sg were opium addicts, most of them coolies. opium dens were all over chinatown, from pagoda to trengganu streets. there were dens at rochor, tanjong pagar, sungei road, amoy street, beach road. sg was a miserable emigration destination for the chinese, as they were exploited by the british for both cheap dirt labor and opium addiction to fuel their profits. without lky, sinkie chinks would still be miserable. they need to thank lky for uplifting them from 3rd world coolies to 1st world spoilt brats, always kpkb'ing when the going gets tough.

coolie opium den in sg, 1941.

image.jpg

Last edited: