• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ministers, please look into Nisha Padmanabhan issue!

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.tremeritus.com/2015/04/24/ministers-pls-look-into-nisha-padmanabhan-issue/

Ministers, please look into Nisha Padmanabhan issue!

Capture23-640x224.jpg

To: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Date: Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 5:17 PM

Hello there,

I am very sure from the amount of online publicity over the issue that you are aware of the case of an Indian immigrant turned naturalized citizen, Ms. Nisha Padmanabhan. In case you are unaware of it for any reason, here is a brief summary of the case.

Ms. Nisha Padmanabhan is an employee of the Infocomm Development Authority. It was discovered that she possesses a MBA from a known degree mill, the Southern Pacific University i.e. her MBA is fake. It is bad enough that the IDA continues to stand behind her over this matter. What is absolutely shocking is that she was awarded Singapore citizenship.

So, here is the basic issue: why was citizenship granted to somebody with fake academic qualifications? Was she required to submit copies of her documents such as her fake MBA in her application? Was there any background check carried out on her when her application was being processed? If so, why wasn’t this detected? And if she was supposed to submit her documents like the public believes, then isn’t she guilty of providing false information on an official document? Isn’t this a criminal offense? If it is, then will the government charge her with immigration offenses, take appropriate action against her and then revoke her citizenship and deport her back to India? If not, why not?

In parliament, it was revealed that the MHA was whining about not receiving a pay increment in 3 years. With such a pathetically abysmal performance like this, what makes him think that he deserves one, especially since the government is always exhorting productivity increase before pay increment? Failing to detect false information when carrying out a background check on an individual, assuming that one was carried out, is definitely not a productive or efficient way of doing things.

Please look into the matter immediately; the people of Singapore expect nothing less than a thorough investigation, and if necessary, heads must roll for this, no matter how highly placed the officials responsible for this debacle are.

Pissed Off Singaporean

* Submitted by TRE reader.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the first place hardly anyone check or do reference checks anymore. Padding of CV is rampant and if u don't do it, u gonna lose to tonnes of people who do. Also if the companies r foreign owned eg Ah Tiong or Ah Neh, they probably know what is going on but if they alr have a preference on who they want.. than they will 'tweak' to get the desired results. MOM not going to challenge this. What's sad is that gahment companies and stat boards seem to have dropped their hiring stds. They r not giving priority to locals and PMETs so please don't believe all the BS about gahment supporting local Singaporeans.

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal
IDA fake degree case. Who is abetting the crime?

Nisha Padmanabhan, a new citizen employed by IDA as an Application Consultant has claimed to have a MBA from a degree mill called Southern Pacific University. IDA has replied that they employed her based on her first degree from a reputable university, Mumbai University. The issue here is the false claim of having a MBA that is equivalent to a piece of junk in her resume. Is this cheating, lying, is this a crime? If it is not, case closed. If it is a crime, why is there no action taken against the culprit, and who is supposed to take action against her?

When a crime is committed, in this case it is expected that IDA, the organisation that discovered the crime should take all necessary actions to terminate her employment and to make a police report. So far nothing is being done and the culprit is presumably still employed by IDA, standing for Infocomm Development Authority, a govt organisation, an authority within the govt organisation. Is IDA condoning the act?

Presumably a crime is committed. I stand corrected as IDA did not seem to think anything is wrong with it. So I am not sure if there is any wrongdoing in this case. And if there is no wrongdoing, please forgive me for raising this issue. What is a crime and what is not a crime, what is a petty crime, what is a serious crime, the whole thing is so grey that it is so difficult to tell. Really, it is so difficult to tell. Perhaps one can deduce the severity of this incident from circumstantial evidence. The main media does not think this is newsworthy, an indication that there is nothing to it, no crime. The Police are not taking any action, so no crime. Or perhaps the Police have not been informed or no one makes any police report, or the number of police reports is less than 20.

Ok, after my clarifications, and to protect myself from making wrongful allegation that there is a crime but actually no crime, lets assume that it is a crime, assume only hor, forging or making false claims on one’s resume and qualifications, the law and legal processes would have been activated and the law enforcement officers would be moving their butts, like the very serious case of Amos Yee when 8 officers were reported to have arrested him in his home and handcuffed him before taking him away. Looks like this case, if there is a case, is going to be a very minor case, a minor infringement of the law.

And MOM and ICA also did not say or do anything. Aren’t they the regulating and approving agencies for legitimate job seekers and new citizens in the country? Aren’t these agencies supposed to police and regulate such ‘minor’ infringement of our employment and immigration regulations?

Do I see that a crime has been committed and no one is taking any action? Do I see the exposure of a forgery or false declaration and the enforcement agencies not doing anything, or not wanting to do anything? My past experience in HR says this is a police case.

But of course, our law enforcement agencies are not sleeping. They are dutyl bound to enforce and uphold the law and regulations, and if something is wrong, a crime being committed, they will jump off their butts and act on it immediately. The Amos Yee case is a good example of super efficiency of the Police and the judicial system.

Can I therefore conclude that there is nothing wrong with this case and it is all a red herring, a wild goose chase? Maybe a minister would make statement that everything is in order and we should move on. Maybe some authoritative bloggers, with good connections, would say just laugh it off. Maybe someone would warn the social media and bloggers not to spread rumours.

Is there a case or no case? I am a layman and just wondering aloud. And to the best of my judgement, from all the circumstantial evidence and the silence from the authority, there is no case. Case closed. Let’s move on. No crime has been committed. There is no cheating, or no intent to cheat. Oh, for this last part, someone from IDA commented that this Nisha took the MBA from the degree mill for fun or something like that. Putting the MBA in her CV must also be for fun.

I have wasted so much time writing about nothing. Really, believe me, trust me. We are a rule of law country. The law is fair and transparent and efficient. What is troubling is, should a hypothetical situation like this occur: The person who saw a crime did nothing, turned a blind eye. The police supposed to apprehend the criminal did nothing. And the regulators did not regulate and allowed the crime to flourish. In simple words, ‘bo cheng hu’.

Who is the real criminal? Or who is abetting the crime?

http://mysingaporenews.blogspot.ca/2015/04/ida-fake-degree-case-who-is-abetting.html

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal
mtYNj4m.png

Is she really a ex-member of IEEE and IETE? Why did she leave IEEE and IETE? Kena fired for fake degree?

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
During the 60s anybody can become citizens easily!

Now must have accredited degrees then can become one!

So leche!

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is India's answer to US MIT - Atomic Energy Central School in Mumbai.

Reminds you of The Pentagon in US. Both have equally big-sounding names.

id_02.JPG

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear Singapore gods, I praise you and slave for you, I cannot do anything without you and your approval. please look into Nisha Padmanabhan issue!. Amen.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Singapore gods, I praise you and slave for you, I cannot do anything without you and your approval. please look into Nisha Padmanabhan issue!. Amen.

Hahaha... indeed! Sinkie peasant looking to his PAP deities and other spirits to aid their cries of injustice. You made my day neddy!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
IDA has already investigated and closed the case. Nisha has suitable academic qualifications, she has relevant work experience and has been an asset to IDA. Why are sinkies that determined to get rid of a fellow sinkie who can do the job well? Why should the job go to some sinkie by default, just because the sinkie graduated from NUS or NTU?