• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

In Less Than 4.5hrs The Nine Executions will Commence in Indonesia

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Nine face midnight firing squad in Indonesia, hopes for reprieve gone
CILACAP, Indonesia | By Kanupriya Kapoor

[video=youtube;6vtDAowaMjQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vtDAowaMjQ[/video]

(Reuters) - Nine drug traffickers held emotional farewell meetings with their families at an Indonesian prison on Tuesday, after Jakarta rejected last-ditch pleas from around the world for clemency and ordered their mass execution to proceed within hours.

"I won't see him again," said Raji Sukumaran, the mother of an Australian who will go before a firing squad along with a fellow countryman and convicts from Nigeria, Brazil, the Philippines and Indonesia.

"They're going to take him at midnight and shoot him. I'm asking the government not to kill him. Please don't kill him today," she told reporters, weeping as she spoke.

Hundreds of people began gathering in cities across Australia for vigils for Myuran Sukumaran and Andrew Chan, holding placards and calling for Australia to respond strongly to its neighbor if the executions proceed.

The death penalties have been condemned by the United Nations, and strained ties between Australia and Indonesia.

Security at the high-security prison on an island off the Central Java coast was heightened on Tuesday. Religious counselors, doctors and the firing squad were alerted to start final preparations for the execution, and a dozen ambulances, some carrying white satin-covered coffins, were seen arriving.

Amid chaotic scenes outside the jail, a member of one of the Australian's family collapsed and was carried through the crowd.

"I saw today something that no other family should ever have to go through. Nine families inside a prison saying goodbye to their loved ones," said Chan's brother, Michael. "It's torture."

TWELVE MARKSMEN FOR EACH PRISONER

Indonesian authorities have declined to specify a time for the executions, which are due to take place at a nearby clearing in a forest, but the last time a group of drug traffickers were executed earlier this year it was carried out at midnight.

The prisoners will be given the choice to stand, kneel or sit before the firing squad, and to be blindfolded. Their hands and feet will be tied.

Twelve marksmen are assigned to fire at the heart of each prisoner, but only three have live ammunition. Authorities say this is so that the executioner remains unidentified.

Philippine President Benigno Aquino said on Tuesday that he had made one last appeal to the Indonesian government to spare a Filipina among the nine, arguing that she could be a vital witness in prosecuting drug syndicates.

"She does present an opportunity right now to be able to uncover all the participants and start the process of bringing them to the bars of justice," Aquino told reporters in Malaysia, where he was attending a meeting of Southeast Asian leaders.

Mary Jane Veloso, a mother of two, was arrested in 2010 after she arrived in Indonesia with 2.6 kg of heroin hidden in her suitcase.

Veloso's lawyers filed a human trafficking complaint recently against another Filipina, Maria Cristina Sergio, who they allege promised the death-row inmate a job as a domestic worker in Indonesia but instead led her to become a drug mule.

Sergio voluntarily surrendered to police in the Philippines on Tuesday, seeking protection after receiving death threats via her social media accounts and mobile phone.

"I'd say it's a changing alibi," Indonesia's attorney-general, H.M. Prasetyo, told reporters.

"Now she says she's a victim of human trafficking. I think these are just efforts to delay the execution. We have given her all legal avenues. Don't force us to change. If we're not firm, it means we're weak in the war against drugs."

Filipino boxing superstar Manny Pacquiao, who is in the United States for a title fight, made a televised appeal to Indonesian President Joko Widodo on behalf of his countrywoman, Veloso: "I am begging and knocking on your kind heart that your excellency will grant executive clemency to her."

AUSTRALIA: "THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES"

Authorities on Monday granted Australian Chan's last wish, which was to marry his Indonesian girlfriend at the prison.

But they rebuffed last-minute appeals from Australia to save the lives of Sukumaran and Chan, who were arrested in 2005 as the ringleaders of a plot to smuggle heroin out of Indonesia.

The pending executions have strained Indonesia's relations with Australia, Nigeria and Brazil, which will likely worsen after the death sentences are carried out.

Australian Foreign Minister Julie Bishop told ABC television: "Should these executions proceed in the manner that I anticipate, of course, there will have to be consequences."

Australia-Indonesia relations have been tested in recent years by disputes over people smuggling and spying. In late 2013 Indonesia recalled its envoy and froze military and intelligence cooperation over reports that Canberra had spied on top Indonesian officials, including the former president's wife.

Indonesia has harsh punishments for drug crimes and resumed executions in 2013 after a five-year gap. Six have been executed so far this year.

Widodo's steadfastness on the executions, which has strong public support at home, stands in contrast to a series of policy flip-flops since he took office six months ago. Palace insiders and government officials portray him as sometimes out of his depth and struggling to get around entrenched vested interests.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I hope the ozland gahmen will now concentrate on running the country instead of wasting time on these uneconomical endeavours. U will b surprise to know how many of the man on the street supports the execution.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
suckhub and sinktel got pay per view live telecast? :biggrin:

That's Mayweather vs Pacquiao.

https://news.yahoo.com/pacquiao-sees-fist-god-delivering-win-over-mayweather-040746680--box.html

Filipino boxing hero Manny Pacquiao is confident he can beat American arch-rival Floyd Mayweather in Las Vegas on Saturday with the power of God, after abandoning a life he said was packed with sin condemning him to hell.

Pacquiao is in top form both in mind and spirit after he traded his boozing, gambling and womanising ways for a devout life of prayer.

:rolleyes:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in this case the evil family members of drug lord dare to hold the moral high ground and shouting mercy.
do they know they are harming hundreds of drug users and their family.
have they no shame.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Even though these drug traffickers are motherfuckers and deserve the death penalty, I think gassing them with helium or nitrogen makes for a more humane way of capital punishment.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Changi Prison should branch into Execution business, buying over their remaining sentence till hanging, body parts via HOTA, become wholesaler, then reseller to listed hospital to eventual end user, heck, 7% GST will add to govt. coffers.

death via firing will ruins the body parts.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Truth be told I'm sure many aussies thank the Indons for doing them a favor

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think it's stupid that a person has to pay for his life for a silly mistake made in the folly of youth

NaMo AMiTouFo

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Youth? How many had these killed? Youth? Imagine if they had not been caught 10 years ago today they would have been drug kingpins. Its been a while I'm sure they had gone to meet their maker.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
It is over, 8 had been executed finally. The Indonesian media reports a last-minute reprieve for Filipina Mary Jane Velosa, as Australians Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran and six other men are executed by firing squad.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Then sinkapore should do likewise. Save money using firing squad. The firing squad will come in handy too when all the PAP traitors are rounded up.
Send these fuckers' families the cost of the bullets too, make them pay.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As a means of execution, the firing squad is one of the most costly. There're the shooters, the weapons and the bullets (which cannot be reused). It is also prone to bungles.

Hanging, on the other hand, is one of the most efficient. You need 1 hangman and perhaps 1 assistant, and the rope can be infinitely reused. And if you use the drop tables left by the British (refined by the late Pierrepoint), death is near instantaneous and heads don't come off.

All those things said, I'm still very dubious about giving the state the right to kill people in cold blood.

Then sinkapore should do likewise. Save money using firing squad. The firing squad will come in handy too when all the PAP traitors are rounded up.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u.s. conduct her own firing squadron executions, gun-them-down style with an internal cannon plus exterior weapons.

image.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the world's most prolific, penetrating and powerful executioner.....deadly accurate with a blast radius that can take out dozens (oxymoronic when pinpoint accuracy means bigger radius of destruction). 3674 execution victims and counting. :p

image.jpg