• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Netizens outraged at photo of pinoy eating hotdog at halal arnold's

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://therealsingapore.com/content/netizens-outraged-photo-pinoy-eating-hotdog-halal-arnolds

[h=1]NETIZENS OUTRAGED AT PHOTO OF PINOY EATING HOTDOG AT HALAL ARNOLD'S[/h]

Post date:
26 Apr 2015 - 1:51am

A netizen, DjNiqzam DjNiqzam complained on facebook that he came across a Philipino lady eating her own hotdog at the Halal Arnold's restaurant in Yishun on Saturday.
The netizen had taken a photo of the woman eating there and shared it on the Arnold's at Yishun Facebook page.
He explained that the manager at the store, who was also a Philipino, did not do anything about the woman eating on the Arnolds plate.
Understandably, netizens were not impressed. His post received close to 100 shares in half a day and many commented that this was not acceptable:
lIEqpuZ.jpg

DJNiqzam later also explained in further detail what the manager on duty did:

"What i can say here is that, the philipino manager did not do a proper job in handling this matter cos he himself a Philipino and is Not a Muslim. He cant feel what we Muslims feel and futhermore this thing happen in a Halal restaurant! What he did is that, he took an oil strainer paper and pass it to the lady to place the hotdog on it since it cannot be place on the plate! WHAT??!! When i raised my voice towards them then they packed the hotdog back into their bag! My 2nd comment asking for some to share my post as to create awareness to others to show abit of respect towards Halal restaurant. What should not be done! Some may know and some may not."
Netizens commenting on the thread said that it is important to highlight issues such as this so that people know the rules and needs for Halal restaurants. However at least one person also noted that we shouldn't be jumping to conclusions as it could actually be a halal hotdog:
aJObcF3.jpg
N7ogIrV.jpg

In response to the doubt about the meat used in the hotdog, DJNizqam said that it was still a concern:
CGfBPTW.jpg

In fact, it seems he is right as according to the MUIS Halal certification terms and conditions at s2.1, doubtful food items cannot be brought onto a Halal food premise at all:
2.1 Doubtful and non halal products/raw materials must not be stored, used, sold or brought into the presmises applied for certification.
What is still worrying is the way that the Arnold's Manager handled the situation when they are also unlikely to know the meat used in the hotdog. Should managers in Halal certified eateries be better trained to know how to handle such situations?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Probably a case of two to ten netizens feeling upset and inflated to become "netizens". Technically correct, but the story exaggerated to mean thousands upon thousands of netizens. Most of the m&ds know that PAP takes good care of them. They have been a solid voting base for PAP all these decades and that is not going to change any time soon.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Probably a case of two to ten netizens feeling upset and inflated to become "netizens". Technically correct, but the story exaggerated to mean thousands upon thousands of netizens. Most of the m&ds know that PAP takes good care of them. They have been a solid voting base for PAP all these decades and that is not going to change any time soon.

John Tan, how is your fellow grassloot leeder Yang Yin.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Although there had been some "discomfort" among Singaporeans over the unequal competition for jobs, ....... this "cannot be helped" because
without foreign talent, there will not be any jobs to begin with.
"So we welcome talent and will continue to welcome talent," he added. "

"(The foreign workers) have come here and are helping us build our infrastructure. "Instead of being grateful to them, and recognising that they're doing a hard job... to help their families, we go and attack them, it's bullying of somebody who's vulnerable. "It's sickening conduct, the kind of conduct that you would not approve if somebody did it to animals."

No need to guess who said the above.
Without the precious and beloved foreign talent (including the 2 pinoys above), there will not be any jobs for us. Someone already said attacking (including abuse via social media?) the 2 vulnerable pinoys is sickening- does it fall under the category of remarks which was intended to be heard and seen by persons likely to be distressed?

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
"Although there had been some "discomfort" among Singaporeans over the unequal competition for jobs, ....... this "cannot be helped" because
without foreign talent, there will not be any jobs to begin with.
"So we welcome talent and will continue to welcome talent," he added. "

"(The foreign workers) have come here and are helping us build our infrastructure. "Instead of being grateful to them, and recognising that they're doing a hard job... to help their families, we go and attack them, it's bullying of somebody who's vulnerable. "It's sickening conduct, the kind of conduct that you would not approve if somebody did it to animals."

No need to guess who said the above.
Without the precious and beloved foreign talent (including the 2 pinoys above), there will not be any jobs for us. Someone already said attacking (including abuse via social media?) the 2 vulnerable pinoys is sickening- does it fall under the category of remarks which was intended to be heard and seen by persons likely to be distressed?

What kind of weird sinkie logic is this? If sinkie are run by such cock.. Good luck!!!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wtf it's cases like this that people are getting sick and tired of these fucking mudlays complaining over every small unimportant thing. This isn't the first and will be far from the last.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
I saw a gentleman of arab provenance yesterday, dressed in full native garb, lovingly fondling a package of Franks…as I passed by I gave him the 'tut tut' look and he sheepishly held it up for me to see…it said chicken franks-halal. I shuddered when i thought of the other young sausages he had fondled back home.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
" My 2nd comment asking for some to share my post as to create awareness to others to show abit of respect towards Halal restaurant "

So if respect is so important to you , why can't you respect others freedom to eat what they want in any place ?? Religious group always demand respect from others but they themselves don't even respect freedom of choice !!