• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Amos yee and the intolerance of the hysterical minority

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yesterday 6:04 PM http://sgfuck.org/mybb/images/mobile/posted_0.gif Post: #1
forum456 http://sgfuck.org/mybb/images/buddy_offline.gif
Elite Junior

http://therealsingapore.com/content/amos-yee-and-intolerance-hysterical-minority

Christians are offended? Really?

Vincent Law, a family and youth counsellor, has stepped forward and bailed out 16-year old Amos Yee on Tuesday.

Yee was being held by the authorities because no one had posted the S$20,000 bail for him over the weekend.

He had been in remand for 4 days, and is being charged for three alleged offences which are (quoting local news reports):

Allegedly causing matter to be seen and heard by five victims by creating a video clip containing remarks against Christianity with the deliberate intention of wounding the feelings of Christians.

Allegedly transmitting electronically an image showing obscene figures, believed to be a cartoon or caricature of former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher and Mr Lee in an unflattering sexual depiction.

Allegedly making an insulting video clip online containing remarks about Mr Lee which was intended to be heard and seen by persons likely to be distressed by the same.
As his case is before the courts, I shall not delve into it specifically.

Instead, my concern is a wider one of how the government decide what is allowable and what is not, in the area of things which are deemed to be sensitive for some religions and their adherents.

This relates, of course, to the first charge levelled at Amos Yee, as mentioned above.

Amos Yee’s allegedly offensive video, in which he ranted and criticised the late Lee Kuan Yew, and compared him to Jesus Christ unfavourably, was an 8-minute film uploaded onto Youtube.

Here are some facts about it:

Total number of words spoken: 1,202

Number of times “Jesus” was mentioned: 1

Number of times “Christian(s)” was mentioned: 2

Length of video: 519 seconds (8:39 minutes)

Length of time Amos used to compare Lee Kuan Yew to Jesus Christ: 64 seconds

The comparison of Lee Kuan Yew to Jesus Christ was, admittedly, not very flattering, for either gentlemen.

But is it so serious that such extreme measures is necessary to be taken against a 16-year old?

To arrest him at his home (I am told there were 8 police officers there to execute that order), handcuff him in front of his parents and grandparents, and then to set bail for him, and later to handcuff him again in court and keep him in remand.

And on the day when Mr Law bailed him out, the news reported:

“At about 6.10pm, Yee was brought to the bail centre, still handcuffed and with ankle restraints, accompanied by more than five officers.”

One of the conditions of his bail, which also included Amos Yee reporting to the Bedok police station everyday at 9am, was that the video in question be set to private as well.

All this make it clear that Amos Yee’s supposed “offence” is rather serious – “attacking Christianity”, and “offending Christians”, according to a Straits Times’ report on Wednesday (22 April).

However, are Christians really offended by the rants of a teenager whom few had heard of before this incident?

“I’m a Christian and I’m stepping up to say that I’m not offended,” Mr Law told the media outside the courthouse.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
“At about 6.10pm, Yee was brought to the bail centre, still handcuffed and with ankle restraints, accompanied by more than five officers.”

Amos was treated like Sinkapore's most wanted. They need more than 5 officers to handle a 16-year old who has record of criminal activities. And he is being charged for using words that the PAP government doesn't like.

Amos was also given the first installment of punishment ....being put in jail for 3 days. Yeah, the AG could argue till the cows come home that it was not their doing but it is obvious that the process was engineered so that Amos could not have the time to find a bailor. And his parents were probably warned in no uncertain terms not to pose bail.

Will Amos go public to share what they did to him while in jail? Or is this part of the bail condition that he can't pose anything.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Amos Yee is intolerant? I think he is as tolerant PAP's tolerance to the press

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
I AM a Christian and I do not feel offended the least bit. I was more offended by the past remarks made by LKY. Why was that old man not charged?

Last edited:

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The intolerance is not about the utterance of blasphemies against christ but you know who..

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
The intolerance is not about the utterance of blasphemies against christ but you know who..

But the man is dead. Five, ten years down the road... no one shall speak bad things about him? Twenty years time? 100 years?

See the funny part about charging Famous Amos now? Years from now, the flood gates will open and more criticisms will pour out non-stop. Now where do we stop? This is really silly.

Last edited:

aerobwala

Alfrescian
Loyal
In page A7 of The Straits Times today (23 April 2015), the family put up a full page color advertisement thank you their papa and yeye.

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But the man is dead. Five, ten years down the road... no one shall speak bad things about him? Twenty years times? 100 years?

See the funny part about charging Famous Amos now? Years from now, the flood gates will open and more criticisms will pour out non-stop. Now where do we stop? This is really silly.

Sad indeed, just hope with all the recent follies of pap, will change the mind of some 60%.
cheers.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
But the man is dead. Five, ten years down the road... no one shall speak bad things about him? Twenty years times? 100 years?

You sure he is dead? This old fucker is jolly well alive, I see him in the news every few hours.

Very soon his apparition will start to appear believe me you

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
In page A7 of The Straits Times today (23 April 2015), the family put up a full page color advertisement thank you their papa and yeye.

Trying to keep his Name alive so they can ride on it.
Its up to Sinkies to End tis LeeDynasty in the Next Election.

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
Trying to keep his Name alive so they can ride on it.
Its up to Sinkies to End tis LeeDynasty in the Next Election.

Yes it is time to move on. This old man had committed too many unforgettable grievous sorrows - causing many to lose their youth and family. He deserves no sympathy as he did not sympathise with those that he had hurt.

The clown prince is making the same mistakes. His legacy wont be so rosy too at the end of his life.

Last edited:

Patriot

Alfrescian
Loyal
speaking of Amos Yee and his unfair charges where is PAP ib wunderfool???

wunderfool is probably seeking advice on why his flawed argument of "if this had happened to you and your father" was not convincing. wunderfool, please note that LKY is not my father. Are you claiming that he is your father?

As one of my friends like to say : "if my auntie had a prick, she'll be my uncle!"

Last edited: