• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is This The New PAP?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NS helps SG guys prepare themselves for the responsibilities and stresses of adult life. It gives SG guys a distinct advantage at the workplace.

USA doesn't have NS, Australia doesn't have NS, UK doesn't have NS. Can Americans, Britons, Aussies take stresses in life? I rest my case

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
You are ignorant. It's not a western concept. The fact that Singapore has a Parliament and has universal sufferage means that the elected govt listens to the electorate.

It also means that more than 60% agree with the way the PAP runs the country and they therefore have a 5 year mandate to do what they feel is necessary to improve the country and the welfare of the populace.

At the end of 5 years, they seek a fresh mandate. If the people do not approve of their methods and the end results, they'll vote the government out. If they do they'll be returned to power.

It's not for you alone to decide what the PAP should or should not do. Everyone has a say and right now the majority say that the PAP is the best.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It also means that more than 60% agree with the way the PAP runs the country and they therefore have a 5 year mandate to do what they feel is necessary to improve the country and the welfare of the populace.

At the end of 5 years, they seek a fresh mandate. If the people do not approve of their methods and the end results, they'll vote the government out. If they do they'll be returned to power.

We have been through this before in the "Crumbling of Singapore?" thread. I have clearly explained to you that even Saddam Hussein claimed that he had >90% votes. Does that mean anything? So likewise, pap claiming that it has 60% vote means nothing as far as respect for the pap is concerned.

The PAP under LKY was so well respected and Singaporeans look up to them in awe. Nowadays, Singaporeans spit at PAP. So don't talk abt the percentage pap gets.

It's more relevant to talk abt the respect LHL and the pap commands now. And many Singaporeans can tell you that the New PAP doesn't command much respect

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
We have been through this before in the "Crumbling of Singapore?". I have clearly explained to you that even Saddam Hussein claimed that he had >90% votes. Doesn't that mean anything? So likewise, pap claiming that it has 60% vote means nothing as far as respect for the pap is concerned.

PAP did not "claim" anything. That was the actual result of the 2011 election where every seat bar one was contested in a fair fight.

Just because you don't respect LHL does not mean the rest of Singapore feels the same way. I have great respect for LHL.