• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PRC Man jailed for stealing cash during flight

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yesterday 6:17 PM http://sgfuck.org/mybb/images/mobile/posted_0.gif Post: #1
TuscanSun http://sgfuck.org/mybb/images/buddy_offline.gif
Elite Member
http://sgfuck.org/mybb/uploads/avatars/avatar_3613.jpg?dateline=1375519650
Man jailed for stealing cash during flight
PUBLISHED ON APR 16, 2015 5:20 PM, Straits Times
BY ELENA CHONG

SINGAPORE - A Chinese national was jailed for 12 months on Thursday for stealing $1,663 from a passenger on board a Tigerair flight last month.

Qi Shanying, 36, pleaded guilty to taking US$800 (S$1,109) and RMB2,500 (S$554) from Indian national Vellaichamy Saravanan, 36, on Tigerair flight from Shenzhen, China, to Singapore on March 11.

The victim had placed his black sling bag containing the cash in the overhead compartment above his seat.

Qi, a Henan native, was on the same flight, sitting two rows behind the victim.

After several minutes, when the flight was in mid-air, Ms Lin Lian Zhi, 32, who was seated behind the victim, saw Qi walk over to the overhead compartment above her seat and open it.

Qi started searching through some of the other passengers' belongings before going back to his seat.

At about 12.30am, Ms Lin saw him walk over to the overhead compartment above the victim's seat and open it. He took the black sling bag and went back to his seat with it. Mr Saravanan was asleep at the time.

Qi then took out the cash and put it in a black plastic bag, before putting the sling bag back into the overhead compartment.

Ms Lin later asked the victim whether anything was missing from his bag.

When he confirmed that cash was missing, the matter was reported to the cabin crew, the missing money was found after a search, and Qi was detained.

Deputy Public Prosecutor Houston Johannus said that theft on board an airplane is a serious offence due to the difficulty in detection and prosecution, and because offenders take advantage of the inherently vulnerable position which passengers are placed in.

He said Qi had brazenly and systematically tried to search for carry-on luggage to steal. He had also tried to conceal the relatively large amount of money inside a Txxxh bag so as to avoid being caught.

Qi could have been jailed for up to three years and/or fined.

Tsing mat kau gaun tsae mun.
Please stand back from the doors!

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that is very dangerous.
whenever I travel, I always have a secret pouch to keep my passport and credit cards and carry them with me. I never leave it in the luggage cabin.
I also keep my cash in my bra.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that is very dangerous.
whenever I travel, I always have a secret pouch to keep my passport and credit cards and carry them with me. I never leave it in the luggage cabin.

Lol.....what color is ur bra?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow. Maximum of 3 years jail discounted to 1 year and without a fine.

Life is splendid for FTs. :wink:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that is very dangerous.

Here's a tip: dress shabbily ('dress down') during the course of your air travel. You'll repel thieves and scammers and touts.

jw5

Loyal
Next time, he should carry gold bars around instead of cash. Apparently, it is ok if the gold bars are used for personal reasons. :rolleyes::biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One is Indian national and the other is chinese national, but both sinkie PR holders. Proud or not?

One is stealing is normal, the other raping is normal, our government let in truckloads of these exceptional normal people...we are so glad!:rolleyes: