• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

medishield life + private insurerace

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
just got this by email from NTUC income

Today, your integrated IncomeShield premium is made up of the MediShield premium and an additional premium for private insurance coverage. With MediShield Life’s enhanced coverage, MediShield Life premiums will be higher than MediShield premiums, resulting in higher IncomeShield premiums overall.

All Singaporeans will receive subsidies to help with their MediShield Life premiums. The Government will also make it convenient for Singaporeans to receive these subsidies.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
just got this by email from NTUC income

Today, your integrated IncomeShield premium is made up of the MediShield premium and an additional premium for private insurance coverage. With MediShield Life’s enhanced coverage, MediShield Life premiums will be higher than MediShield premiums, resulting in higher IncomeShield premiums overall.

All Singaporeans will receive subsidies to help with their MediShield Life premiums. The Government will also make it convenient for Singaporeans to receive these subsidies.

No additional benefits mentioned? Pay higher but get nothing again.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why must overseas sinkies pay for medishield life too?
This fucking pap only tries to force overseas sinkies to withdraw citizenships.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
cancer is a matter of lifestyle.

if your lifestyle involving queuing for chicken wings and queuing to see a coffin, chances are high that you will get prostate cancer or any form of cancer.

for me, i dont like queue. i dont need to queue, hence i dont see the need to pay for something more that is shafted to me just like cpf, i dont need them to manage my own money when i hv a pair of hand.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can't afford to get sick in Spore & that is why I have been looking elsewhere outside of Spore for medical treatment. For me this medishield thingee is useless because I can't use it in Malaysia or Thailand.

It's obvious that the PAP will keep on squeezing us until they get kicked out.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can have cancer with peace of mind

On the contrary, I was having peace of mind until this new medishield life thing. Have been paying for private shield plan since day one to take care of private hospital expenses as charged i.e with no limits. Now becos of the impending and expected large increase in premium, if the increase is too high and out of my budget, I can only downgrade to a lower plan. What a big disturbance and not peace of mind.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
May i ask if this medishield life thingy, everyone need to pay for it???

To ask such question, shows you are a young fucktard ( definitely a Sinkie though denying it since Day 1) have not worked aday in your life, have ZIP in your own Medisave and the definitely eating, living, shitting under a roof over your head provided by your parents! LoLoLoL

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
To ask such question, shows you are a young fucktard ( definitely a Sinkie though denying it since Day 1) have not worked aday in your life, have ZIP in your own Medisave and the definitely eating, living, shitting under a roof over your head provided by your parents! LoLoLoL

you didn't answer my question or you can't or dare not answer it.. Does everyone has to pay for it???

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Australia can vote for a party that promised to scrape off carbon tax.
In sg, can vote for a party that promised to scrape off mediscam life?

We can analysed it clearly between Australia and sinkieland regarding this medieshit life..

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Do you know what the Medisave and MediShield really means?

In 1984, after the PAP introduced Medisave, it then reduced subsidies for health and made Singaporeans use our CPF for healthcare needs, when our CPF is clearly not enough today.

Today the PAP has made Singaporeans pay more than $70 billion into Medisave but do you know we can only use less than 1.5% of this amount every year? What happened to the rest of the 98.5% that we have paid?

Swallowed?

Worse still, now the PAP says that it has made MediShield become "universal" but now that it has become "universal", the PAP also makes it "compulsory".

So the PAP makes MediShield compulsory and if someone cannot afford to pay the premiums, the PAP will fine you for up to $5,000 or jail you for up to 5 years.

Do you know what the PAP is saying? It is saying that if you want them to spend more on health and make something universal, they are going to make you pay.

So because we want the PAP to spend more money (money which rightfully belongs to Singaporeans), the PAP will make Singaporeans pay for it.

First, they have made the premiums a lot more expensive. Second, they are making the elderly pay very expensive premiums. Third, the PAP is now going to fine you if you don't pay your premiums. And fourth, if you cannot afford to pay your premiums, the PAP wants you to pay a 17% interest on the premium that you cannot pay. But if a person cannot already pay, then where are they going to get the money to pay the fine? Then where are they going to get the money to pay the 17% interest??

But the PAP does not care. The PAP thinks, if you want to make them spend more money, they will make you bleed.

And so, Singaporeans, the PAP is going all out to make us bleed so that they can recoup their money for MediShield.

Mind you, the MediShield is most probably already the most profitable healthcare scheme in the world, even before the PAP implements these punitive measures to punish Singaporeans.

But do you know what is worse? For a long time, Singaporeans kept asking the PAP to make the payment for the MediShield premiums be progressively-tiered. Thus higher-income earners could pay higher premiums.

This is logical because the high-income earners in Singapore - the PAP among them - earn the highest incomes among the developed countries and one of the highest in the world, while they pay the lowest tax as well.

However, for the low-income in Singapore, they earn the lowest wages among the highest-income countries.

As such, the poor simply cannot afford to pay for the premiums in the long term.

However, the PAP insists that the elderly should shoulder the burden of paying the premiums. The PAP insists that the elderly pay thousands of dollars in premiums every year.

But where many of the elderly in Singapore are low-income earners and simply cannot earn enough to even save or spend on basic necessities, where are they going to get the money to pay for the premiums? Essentially, the PAP is going to make many poor and elderly Singaporeans criminals by fining and jailing them if they cannot pay for the MediShield premiums.

All because you are lower-income.

But who made Singaporeans poor in the first place? It is the PAP that forces Singaporeans to earn such low wages while increasing prices and making Singapore the most expensive country in the world today.

And then if Singaporeans cannot pay for the MediShield premiums because they are too poor to do so, the PAP will punish them for not paying, when it is the PAP which has caused them to be poor.

Then why are Singaporeans being punished? Shouldn't Singaporeans punish the PAP instead for not taking care of Singaporeans? And shouldn't Singaporeans punish the PAP for punishing Singaporeans for something that is obviously the fault of the PAP?

There is one last thing. Do you know why the PAP wants you to pay from your Medisave into MediShield? And do you know why the PAP wants the elderly to pay higher and higher premiums as they grow older?

The answer is simple. The PAP wants to make Singaporeans use their Medisave to pay their Medishield and make them pay more as they grow older so that they can wipe out the Medisave. When the Medisave is wiped out and all goes into the MediShield, the PAP can then earn from it.

The PAP will be able to earn from our CPF, our money.

My friends, the PAP is basically a jerks, and I am being mild here. Do you still want a jerk to take your money away from you and use it as they please?

So, Singaporeans ask for more government spending on healthcare. The PAP said, fine, we will change the healthcare system. And we are going to punish you for making us change the system. We are going to make you pay more from it. And we are going to find more ways to earn from you.

So now, get ready to be fined up to $5,000 and pay interest of more than 17% on the premiums you cannot afford to pay. Get ready to go to jail.

Because you voted for it. You voted for the PAP and they are now turning around and saying, they can do whatever I want with you, because you allowed them.

The PAP wants to punish Singaporeans for making it do more.

Should Singaporeans punish the PAP for wanting to make more money from Singaporeans, and wanting to punish us?

Well, I think we should. It's time to get rid of the PAP.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Medishield is a money grab.

PAP decides that they need to fleece sinkees more to fatten their coffers. Reminds of those greedy Chinese emperors. Will the same fate fall on the PAP?

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When neh was in mom, he came out with a few options for the cpf retirement insurance plan and sought public opinion. As usual, the public kpkb and was quite messy. Then gky took over. Quietly, 2 plans popped out, standard and basis plan. So sweet and simple, pow jiak somemore and there goes our CPF.. This same bugger, now in moh, pop another new Medishield insurance. This time it is "pow see" before you even fall sick. Interestingly, nobody seems to notice that all these slimy shits that have been dished out are coming from the same guy.

Last edited:

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When neh was in mom, he came out with a few options for the cpf retirement insurance plan and sought public opinion. As usual, the public kpkb and was quite messy. Then gky took over. Quietly, 2 plans popped out, standard and basis plan. So sweet and simple, pow jiak somemore and there goes our CPF.. This same bugger, now in moh, pop another new Medishield insurance. This time it is "pow see" before you even fall sick. Interestingly, nobody seems to notice that all these slimy shits that have been dished out are coming from the same guy.

Becoz to gong sinkies, pap is a whole not made up by individuals. They vote for party not individuals. Why didn't katek mah bow tan lose after screwing up hdb prices or mas selamat wong kan seng?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Medishield is a money grab.

PAP decides that they need to fleece sinkees more to fatten their coffers. Reminds of those greedy Chinese emperors. Will the same fate fall on the PAP?

Exactly... why do we need coverage when people can sufficiently get insured by private insurance companies, and people has been doing this all along.

Plus, the citizens should not be charge for such insurance in a national scale. If the govt really wanna take care of the people and concern about their hospital bills, then it should be free for the people. What the fuck do people pay tax for??

to concern about hospital bills of the citizen, they should find ways to tackle the cost of medical bills by looking at people from low income groups , etc and also lower the cost of medical..what the fuck do people pay tax for??

let me remind you that this medishield life shit, is a way to force you pay for something against your will.

and what i heard is that it is a basic coverage..for fuck you force people to pay for basic???

if i wanna pay for coverage, i get the highest plan and it will be all coverage and i can do it with private insurance...

Not all people are suitable for a particular type of coverage. What is the fucking use if it only go for basic coverage and if it is not sufficiently covered, the low income group still have to come out cash to pay for the bills.

why the fuck force people to buy an insurance which cannot cover the bills fully....

The issue is not about insurance, the issue is why it is forced on the people to pay for something. This is gross misconduct!!!!!

if anything that is for national scale, it should be free for people as people pay tax for such thing.

This is PAP for you..the most incompetent fucked up ever!!!!!

First wrong, the insurance is forced on to people to pay for it

second wrong, this is a national thing and tax money should be used and be free for people.

third wrong, PAP never lower the cost of medical bills for people, especially low income group.

fourth wrong, this insurance does not fully covered a hospital bills and claim that if you want more coverage, you have to pay more..wtf is this???

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I want to ask sinkies... Do you like to be forced upon in doing things which is unfair to you.. Ask yourself truthfully..