• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What's so special about Easter?

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
Just another mundane day to pass, another day to stare out at the skies aimlessly, another day of your life having ended.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
There's nothing special about any particular day. Special moments are yours to create when you feel like it.

For example, yesterday I went down on my knees and prayed to LKY. Today, I felt far closer to God and Saint Lee. It was a special time for me which I will always cherish.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There's nothing special about any particular day. Special moments are yours to create when you feel like it.

For example, yesterday I went down on my knees and prayed to LKY. Today, I felt far closer to God and Saint Lee. It was a special time for me which I will always cherish.

In the realm of synchronicity, yesterday I could have went down on my knees and prayed to LKY and I actually did. I felt far closer to God and Saint Lee because when two or more pray for the same thing, it will become real. Since I'm not a Catholic with its so many saints, I ask myself who is more powerful, God or Saint Lee. Since I always disobey God but cannot disobey Saint Lee, it dawned on me that Saint Lee is more powerful and henceforth with this realization, I decided to dedicate my entire life to worship Saint Lee instead of God.

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just another mundane day to pass, another day to stare out at the skies aimlessly, another day of your life having ended.

Where will you go after your physical life has completely ended? Easter brings you the true meaning. Many ask what is the purpose and meaning of life? This is it!!

It is much more meaningful than the relentless pursuits of money, materialism or power.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It was a pagan holiday co-opted as a Christian holiday during the Roman era. :cool:

Happy Ishtar everyone. :biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you can't spend 3 hours, listen to the first 10 minutes.

[video=youtube;dJaP-PnNJHE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJaP-PnNJHE[/video]

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It was a pagan holiday co-opted as a Christian holiday during the Roman era. :cool:

Happy Ishtar everyone. :biggrin:

You sure?

I actually took the liberty of searching it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ishtar

no indication of easter coming from here.

I searched this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter

The modern English term Easter, cognate with modern German Ostern, developed from an Old English word that usually appears in the form Ēastrun, -on, or -an; but also as Ēastru, -o; and Ēastre or Ēostre.[SUP][nb 3][/SUP] The most widely accepted theory of the origin of the term is that it is derived from the name of a goddess mentioned by the 7th to 8th-century English monk Bede, who wrote that Ēosturmōnaþ (Old English 'Month of Ēostre', translated in Bede's time as "Paschal month") was an English month, corresponding to April, which he says "was once called after a goddess of theirs named Ēostre, in whose honour feasts were celebrated in that month".[SUP][25]
[/SUP]

No mention of ishtar.

Also this.

http://bellejar.ca/2013/03/28/easter-is-not-named-after-ishtar-and-other-truths-i-have-to-tell-you/

Anyway, the point I am trying to make here is that, yes, Ishtar was associated with fertility and sex. However, her symbols were the lion, the gate and the eight-pointed star; I can’t find any evidence of eggs or rabbits symbolically belonging to her. And Easter has nothing to do with her.

Most scholars believe that Easter gets its name from Eostre or Ostara**, a Germanic pagan goddess. English and German are two of the very few languages that use some variation of the word Easter (or, in German, Ostern) as a name for this holiday. Most other European languages use one form or another of the Latin name for Easter, Pascha, which is derived from the Hebrew Pesach, meaning Passover. In French it’s Pâques, in Italian it’s Pasqua, in Dutch it’s Pasen, in Danish it’s Paaske, in Bulgarian it’s Paskha, and so on and so forth.

In the Christian Bible, Jesus returned to Jerusalem from his forty days in the desert just before Passover. In fact, in the Gospel according to John, Jesus was killed on the day before the first night of Passover, at the time when lambs were traditionally slaughtered for the Passover feast (because Jesus was the Lamb of God, etc. – SYMBOLISM, Y’ALL). There are a few differing accounts of when Jesus actually died, but most Christian texts, philosophers and scholars agree that it was around the time of Passover. Easter is still celebrated the week after Passover, which is why it’s a different day each year, because the Jewish calendar is lunar rather than solar.
To be fair to you there are sites that mention what you wrote. Like richard dawkins own foundation but it's not definite proof.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151521973955155&set=a.496176595154.294030.8798180154&type=1&theater&notif_t=photo_reply

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal

I thought Lee in the basement rather than in the penthouse ?