• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The other side of Lee Kuan Yew

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://sgfuck.org/mybb/Thread-The-other-side-of-Lee-Kuan-Yew
Today 4:54 PM http://sgfuck.org/mybb/images/mobile/posted_0.gif Post: #1
forum456 http://sgfuck.org/mybb/images/buddy_offline.gif

citizen online
http://www.***banned***.com/2015/03/the-other-side-of-lee-kuan-yew/

I watched the television for several hours today. The tv was off for nearly a week and I thought I really should not miss this historic occasion.

As I watched the two sons of Lee Kuan Yew gave their eulogies in praise of their father, I cannot help thinking of the following people who were arrested and imprisoned for decades without trial by their father:

1. Dr Lim Hock Siew was arrested and imprisoned for 20 years. His son was only 5 months old. He left his wife to look after their son for two decades. His medical career was completely ruined.

2. Pak Said Zahari had a young family and his wife was pregnant with their youngest child when he was arrested and imprisoned for 17 years. His youngest daughter was born while he was still in prison and he did not hold her till 17 years later. His promising career as editor of Utusan Melayu and writer ended. His wife became a hawker in order to keep the family alive.

3. Lee Tee Tong, Legislative Assemblyman was imprisoned for 18 years leaving his parents to fend for themselves.

4. Dr Poh Soo Kai was imprisoned for for 17 years. His marriage was ruined and he was deprived of having a happy family. His career as a brilliant gynaecologist also ended.

5. Ho Toon Chin @ Ho Piao was imprisoned for 18 years. His parents were deprived of his support and his career as a trade unionist ended.

6. Chia Thye Poh, a legislative assemblyman and Physics lecturer was imprisoned for 32 years. As the eldest son and one who consistently did well in school and university, his parents had hoped that he would support them financially. Instead, they had to visit him in prison.

7. Loh Miaw Gong, a legislative assembly woman and trade unionist was imprisoned for 7 years. Her family was deprived of her support.

8. Chng Min Oh @ Chuang Men Hu, Trade unionist was imprisoned for 13 years leaving his wife to look after 2 young children and a third who was born while he was in prison. His wife had to work as a hawker and construction worker, holding other odd jobs to keep the family afloat. She was struck with cancer shortly after his release and committed suicide three years later, unable to accept her illness.

Thousands were thrown into jail and tortured just because Lee Kuan Yew was afraid of their presence in parliament. Their families left to fend for themselves. Many more lived or died in political exile, separated from their loved ones for 30 years and more.

While Singaporeans sing praises of Lee Kuan Yew, let us remember that there is another side to the man.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sadly, many sinkies do not know of these political prisoners who fell victim to LKY's other side.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Old Fart was an egoistic individual who set his sight early in years to be somebody.

He saw an opportunity to lead a nation called Malaysia.

He is a great strategist with many faces ...he slept with the communists to get into power, toss them out after that. Then he stir up more shits to get sinkapore into Malaysia. He got it and then made an attempt to become PM of Malaysia. That was thwarted. He stir up shit to get sinkapore out of Malaysia. Got his wish and then settle to be the ruler of a peesai.

Not good enough, he then seek to make himself a leader of the region. Suharto and Mahathir kicked his butts. Unsuccessful at that, he courted China and US and then portrayed himself as the expert of Asia.

That's how Old Fart got to soothe his ego.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Many sinkies I know attribute those arrests to things that normally happen in politics. The losers fail in their attempt on power and get jailed, including those who not interested in power but somehow are seen to be in the way of those wishing to rise.

If you think LKY was bad, look at Mao or Stalin or Pol Pot. You would be lucky to just be in jail for years, instead of getting killed or dying in prison. None of Ah Gong's political prisoners died in jail. All were eventually released.

Most sinkies see those arrests as a necessary evil in order for themselves to enjoy a higher standard of living. You can see this by the huge turnout to pay Ah Gong final respects and to send him off. Many of these people know about the arrests, but gave Ah Gong their blessings in GE after GE.

No point trying to condemn Ah Gong because he wasn't a saint and demanding that he be a saint or stand eternally condemned by your standards. You will die bitter and alone, alienated by all your friends and family who think you are some bitter, obsessed loser.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is only a minute faction of the evilness that will no doubt follow and condemn him to eternal hell.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Old Fart was an egoistic individual who set his sight early in years to be somebody.

He saw an opportunity to lead a nation called Malaysia.

He is a great strategist with many faces ...he slept with the communists to get into power, toss them out after that. Then he stir up more shits to get sinkapore into Malaysia. He got it and then made an attempt to become PM of Malaysia. That was thwarted. He stir up shit to get sinkapore out of Malaysia. Got his wish and then settle to be the ruler of a peesai.

Not good enough, he then seek to make himself a leader of the region. Suharto and Mahathir kicked his butts. Unsuccessful at that, he courted China and US and then portrayed himself as the expert of Asia.

That's how Old Fart got to soothe his ego.

Yeah why was Singapore merged with Malaysia in 1963 in the first place when it was always on its own before and after the war?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many sinkies I know attribute those arrests to things that normally happen in politics. The losers fail in their attempt on power and get jailed, including those who not interested in power but somehow are seen to be in the way of those wishing to rise.

If you think LKY was bad, look at Mao or Stalin or Pol Pot. You would be lucky to just be in jail for years, instead of getting killed or dying in prison. None of Ah Gong's political prisoners died in jail. All were eventually released.

Most sinkies see those arrests as a necessary evil in order for themselves to enjoy a higher standard of living. You can see this by the huge turnout to pay Ah Gong final respects and to send him off. Many of these people know about the arrests, but gave Ah Gong their blessings in GE after GE.

No point trying to condemn Ah Gong because he wasn't a saint and demanding that he be a saint or stand eternally condemned by your standards. You will die bitter and alone, alienated by all your friends and family who think you are some bitter, obsessed loser.

Yeah many Singaporeans view it as necessary evil or they tell you life is unfair when policies don't affect them personally. They only kpkb now when they lost their jobs to foreigners or can't take out their CPF.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
None of Ah Gong's political prisoners died in jail. All were eventually released.

FUCK YOU! :oIo: you call 32 years ... eventually released! FUCK YOU again :oIo::oIo:

I wish TK Low put you in jail for 32 years .... and don't give you spittoon :oIo::oIo::oIo:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah many Singaporeans view it as necessary evil or they tell you life is unfair when policies don't affect them personally. They only kpkb now when they lost their jobs to foreigners or can't take out their CPF.

That is so true. only past victims will feel it. I guess this cannot be changed, it is human nature.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those things are not 'necessary evils'. Those things were done so that LKY and his clan could claim all the power.

They're fooling you into thinking that those things are 'necessary evils': if you didn't lock up Chia Thye Poh, for example, Singapore would not be prosperous or would be thrown into turmoil. That was a lie and an excuse. What LKY did was evil, inexcusable and utterly disgusting.

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its already done what those dissidents could do is to live their life in a more meaningful way.

Because they have already contributed to the society by being the sacrificial lamb to keep LKY in check and made him a benign dictator.

Or do they prefer to complain and hate till the very ends of their ever reducing years?

LKY is not God, whatever decisions he made can never perfect or the best. He constantly needs to adjust and change.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Necessary evil? Cut your Jesuitical 'the end justifies the means' bullcrap spiel.

The end never justifies the means, not when it involves betraying friends and comrades (some of whom had saved your life, literally and figuratively), destroying scores of men and their families through incarceration without trial, torture, facetious defamations suits aimed at bankrupting dissidents, exile, and above all, treason.

If the end justified the means, Hitler would be the greatest leader of the 20th century. He was unflagging in his pursuit of lifting the German economy through fortifying the 'Aryan' race, which necessitated the removal of elements iniquitous to his plan. At all times his ideals for his nation were sincere if extreme and fanatical.

Old fart's cynical manipulations of friend and foe alike and Machiavellian political manoeuvrings for selfish ends are the petty acts of a two-bit backstabbing crook that make Hitler look like a distinguished Mafia don.

adultstem

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those poor souls who suffered injustices by a human being, may their souls be blessed. It is definitely not humane to treat our fellow beings with long-term imprisonment. Most cruel.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Well done comparing lky to Mao Stalin and Pot Pol.....very good comparison I just say....
You missed out the likes of hitter and Adi Amin.....dead fart in good company amongst them

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Late in 1943 I read an advertisement in the Syonan Shimbun inserted by the Japanese information or propaganda department called the Hodobu, which was located in Cathay Building. It wanted English-language editors. I turned up to be interviewed by an American-born Japanese, George Takemura, a tall, lean, fair-skinned man who spoke English with an American accent.

My job was to run through the cables of Allied news agencies: Reuters, UP, AP, Central News Agency of China and TASS. These cables, sent out in Morse code, had been intercepted by Malay radio operators. Radio signals were not clear in the later afternoons and early evenings, and because reception was poor, many words were garbled or lost. I had to decipher them and fill in the missing bits, guided by the context, as in a word puzzle. The cables then had to be collated under the various battle fronts and sent from the top floor of Cathay Building to the floor below, where they would be revamped for broadcasting.

guess who the hell was this god damn traitor to our land and people during ww2 ? a leopard never changes its spots. :rolleyes:

LEGEND

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I love you. You compared dead old fart with Mao, Stalin and Pol Pot.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well done comparing lky to Mao Stalin and Pot Pol.....very good comparison I just say....
You missed out the likes of hitter and Adi Amin.....dead fart in good company amongst them

so LKY's legacy is now being compared to Mao, Stalin and Kim, no more of Mandela, Reagan and Switzerland. it is really great. I have nothing else to say.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LKY could magically raise up gold mines and oil wells in Singapore during his reign, and even that would not excuse what he had done.

He got off far too lightly by succumbing to pneumonia. :cool: