• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lee Kuan Yew Mourners are Dirty and No Civic Minded

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Poor planning, need portable toilets, better shelter, more bins. This is what happened in a country that do things by the book.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And that.'s Clifford pier in the background. It's where ship crew land and depart for distance shores.dunno where they do that nowadays.

"ang teng bei tou" or " hong tang ma tow"....RED LIGHT HARBOUR...was a bustling place until they made it sterile. Back then, you take the ferry services to Pulau Blakang Mati..later known as Sentosa, then to the southern islands or anywhere. Later years, A junk cruise ship operates from there, & on was it weekends they have dancing on board. Clifford Pier was the place, where when the US fleet, the whatever fleet is in port, including the Russians, the sailors will disembark there. So, you have all sorts of traders at Clifford Pier including the "women" & 'woMEN". There was a beer garden there...so fights were common & Military Police was common too.

I cannot forget the many changing faces of Clifford Pier, from what I had described to being only lively at night where the beer garden opens, you have the sailors, then it became a mini Thailand, Later mini Philippines...& ah quas hangout.

I have to take note, on certain date in the year, where there is a pilgrimage to KUSU, Clifford Pier would be packed with worshippers & on their return trip, with light joss sticks in their hands, I would avoid alighting at the Bus stop there.

I am familiar with the Chinese newspaper vendor whom I buy my Straits Times on the way to work , who from a young girl became a middle age woman & so did the Indian man & the Magnolia Ice Cream Seller. The Magnolia Ice Cream Seller, is now at Sim Lim Tower...he is now a very old man, don't know, if he is still there.

Now Clifford Pier is a HOTEL....nothing like it was back then, full of sailors, travellers, traders, prostitutes, ah quas & even ship chandlers...the taxis, the trishaw pullers....now, the place is so Sterile & unexciting...:rolleyes: