• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

If you want your thread "unmerged" contact me.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I have unmerged as many as possible. Moderators please stop merging threads. Each thread is different even though it may be about LKY.

Besides people don't like the threads they started and which have already garnered a number of responses to end up being buried in a long thread. It pisses them off.

Moderation is about balance and various aspects need to be considered including the feelings of the members.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
It pisses them off.

Boss,

I take full responsibility of merging those threads, teach me how to separate the threads and I will do the needful when the good folks see that their threads warrant a separate stand.

It is my oversight that the feelings of the thread starters weren't considered when I was clinical about the merging process. I believed it was easier for readers to read news about LKY under those broad categories: The passing and tributes; the condemnation; the glorification. Of course in due time, the funeral itself.

I offer my unreserved apologies to sense, Tonychat and the others whose threads are merged under those categories.

sincerely,
zhihau

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Boss,

I take full responsibility of merging those threads, teach me how to separate the threads and I will do the needful when the good folks see that their threads warrant a separate stand.

It is my oversight that the feelings of the thread starters weren't considered when I was clinical about the merging process. I believed it was easier for readers to read news about LKY under those broad categories: The passing and tributes; the condemnation; the glorification. Of course in due time, the funeral itself.

I offer my unreserved apologies to sense, Tonychat and the others whose threads are merged under those categories.

sincerely,
zhihau

As you can see being clinical can cause all sorts of issues. :biggrin:

Humans are not easy creatures to manage. You need to tow a fine line.

There is no "one rule fits all".

I've done most of the unmerging so don't worry about it.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I spent 2 hours separating all the threads that had been merged yesterday but when I logged on again this morning, I found that they had been remerged yet again. :*:

Good grief! I didn't touch the merge button since this morning, I was deep in reflection of my actions :o:o:o