• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The death of Queen Elizabeth will be the most disruptive event in Britain in the last

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Queen Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God Queen of this Realm and of Her other Realms and Territories, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith, is not going to live forever.

Since ascending to the throne in 1952, the monarch has seen 12 Prime Ministers serve Britain, and lived through another 12 US Presidents. She’s now 88. At some point — not for many years yet, we hope — Queen Elizabeth II’s reign will come to an end.

But what happens then?

For at least 12 days — between her passing, the funeral and beyond — Britain will grind to a halt. It’ll cost the British economy billions in lost earnings. The stock markets and banks will close for an indefinite period. And both the funeral and the subsequent coronation will become formal national holidays, each with an estimated economic hit to GDP of between £1.2 and £6 billion, to say nothing of organisational costs.

But to focus on the financial disruption doesn’t begin to describe the sheer magnitude of it. It will be an event unlike anything Britain has ever seen before. There will be trivial disruptions — the BBC will cancel all comedy shows, for instance — and jarring cultural changes. Prince Charles may change his name, for instance, and the words of the national anthem will be changed, too.

The deaths of Princess Diana and the Queen Mother both brought on waves of public mourning and hysteria. But the Queen, due to her longevity and fundamental place atop British society, will be on a whole new level above that.

The vast majority of British people have simply never known life without the Queen.

It will be a strange, uncertain time.

FULL ARTICLE HERE: http://www.businessinsider.sg/what-happens-when-queen-elizabeth-ii-dies-2015-3/#.VPvJ0WSUdQ2

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: The death of Queen Elizabeth will be the most disruptive event in Britain in the

shaddaup lah. Your emperor is dying first.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: The death of Queen Elizabeth will be the most disruptive event in Britain in the

After she passes on, Charles will be King.

Holy shit :mad:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If indeed, the death of QE2 is the most disruptive event the UK will face, the UK is in a very good state.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

After she passes on, Charles will be King.

Holy shit :mad:

I think he'll be bypassed and Willian or one of his children will be the next monarch.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I don't think that would be constitutional. At the very least, he'd have to serve a short reign before abdicating in favour of one of his sons.

I think he'll be bypassed and Willian or one of his children will be the next monarch.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

King can't never be king as long as he is married to Camilla.
That is against the monarchy constitution with regards to adultery.
The last time it happened was with Edward and mrs Simpson.
The only way he can get the throne is to dump Camilla (unlikely) or murder her ex husband.
So it's already a given that he will not lay claim to the throne.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If I'm not wrong, that's been sorted out.

First, Camilla is not given any royal title, only an aristocratic one; she is not the Princess of Wales and she will not be the queen.

Second, I think the Church of England takes a much softer stance on divorces and re-marriage.

King can't never be king as long as he is married to Camilla.
That is against the monarchy constitution with regards to adultery.
The last time it happened was with Edward and mrs Simpson.
The only way he can get the throne is to dump Camilla (unlikely) or murder her ex husband.
So it's already a given that he will not lay claim to the throne.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Henry the VIII had 7 marriages if I recalled correctly?

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Best is William be the next King and Kate the Princess of Wales.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Does not involve Singapore......who dies in UK got nothing to do with us.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Henry the VIII had 7 marriages if I recalled correctly?

Henry could remarry because all his wives either died or he had the marriage annulled.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Since ascending to the throne in 1952, the monarch has seen 12 Prime Ministers serve Britain, and lived through another 12 US Presidents. She’s now 88. At some point — not for many years yet, we hope — Queen Elizabeth II’s reign will come to an end.

The deaths of Princess Diana and the Queen Mother both brought on waves of public mourning and hysteria. But the Queen, due to her longevity and fundamental place atop British society, will be on a whole new level above that.

how can live till 88 considered longevity..If she live till 880 years old, then it is longevity.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Henry could remarry because all his wives either died or he had the marriage annulled.

Executed some, you mean :eek::eek::eek:

On another note, Princess D is long dead too...

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

prince charles is just like the present prince of thailand Vajiralongkorn both have a parent that has been reigning for so long that they are in their 60s and still have not ascended the throne.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Another thing in common with the king of thailand and the queen of england is that both ascended the throne in their 20s. The thai king when he was 23 and elizabeth when she was 25.