• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NMP Chia Yong Yong: CPF Is Not Your Money, You Cannot Call The Shots

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those who don't pay CPF may receive a higher take home pay but because there is no forced savings component in their package, they'll ultimately lose out when they reach retirement age.

In my case CPF forced me to save almost a million dollars. These savings formed the foundation of all my property investments which helped me make a further million or so.

I am eternally grateful to LKY for coming up with such a wonderful scheme.

Earlier you said the money was contributed by the employer and is NOT part of the employee right to claim it as their pay and therefore the employee cannot say how it's to be distributed.

Then you go on and admit those who don't get employer paying a CPF component gets a higher take home pay.

So isn't the contribution from the employee and employer forms the entire pay package?

It was lucky you did not make it as a lawyer.

Cos you'll be admitting your client's gulit even before he admits to it. LoL

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is she serious? None other than the government itself keeps reminding us that it is our money to be used prudently for many purposes, including for retirement; all terms and conditions as to its use to be dictated by the government. How nice! It is the people's money all right but only the government calls the shots! If CPF is not our money, I'm sure the government would have behaved very differently.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
"But I know at the end of the day that because I am not the only person contributing to that fund I cannot be the only person to call the shots as to how I am going to spent it"

SOUND FAMILIAR?

GIVE AND THEN WANNA TAKE BACK, OR CONTROL......
WAT THE fooK

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"But I know at the end of the day that because I am not the only person contributing to that fund I cannot be the only person to call the shots as to how I am going to spent it"

SOUND FAMILIAR?

GIVE AND THEN WANNA TAKE BACK, OR CONTROL......
WAT THE fooK

She is an idiot ...how did she come to the notion that the funds are pooled?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I usually give the handicap some leeway ...but she is beyond any sympathy. She is an idiot.

The CPF is NOT a pooling of funds. It is private money. What you put in is yours. Now, we should be getting more in returns if not for the fact that the government skims of 85 percent of the returns in exchange for a useless guarantee.

How did she qualify to be an NMP is beyond me ...a total idiot sucking our money away, just like the PAP MPs and ministars.

I don't understand why WP don't jump in right away when they hear something like this and whack the bitch down. I would imagine a simple question like "Can the Honourable Minister of Finance Tharm Shagyourmama please clarify that what Ms Chia said, that our CPF is not our private money?" Minishits don't like to be put on the spot. Either Tharm will whack the NMP right away and rebut her or face having to defend her later on.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Salary negotiations have nothing to do with 13th month payments and CPF contributions.

They are all about demand and supply. Take it from me because when I was in manufacturing what we paid direct labor, indirect labor and executive staff had nothing to do with various components that made up remuneration. It had everything to do with what other companies were offering for a similar job.

Yes it does. When salary is negotiated, it is negotiated on an annualised basis. It is also during this period that benefits are ironed out. Employer contribution, although not overtly negotiated, is taken into account when an employer is considering the package offered to the employee. In this package, will be benefits that have costs implications like annual leave, which is taken into P&L, insurance, etc

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't understand why WP don't jump in right away when they hear something like this and whack the bitch down. I would imagine a simple question like "Can the Honourable Minister of Finance Tharm Shagyourmama please clarify that what Ms Chia said, that our CPF is not our private money?" Minishits don't like to be put on the spot. Either Tharm will whack the NMP right away and rebut her or face having to defend her later on.

WP is a timid party.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sigh! Of all the topic to talk about, she got to open her big mouth to talk about this!!

We pay her $200k a year to be an idiot. She makes more than the Opposition MPs as the latter have constituency costs to bear while she pockets every cent of the money. Two years and she will pocket almost half a million dollars! No wonder she sucks up to LHL and Ho Jinx.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
So much debates on these BUT pls bear in mind that packaged salary are
all "factored n discounted" altogether.
Can you all recall clearly the quote from Toothpick Thief?..."CPF is yr own $$$?"
This NMP hv no right to speak for us(the majority) as she is surely receiving all the reliefs
for life from the Govt.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP is a timid party.

They do not want to be seen, bullying an invalid on a wheelchair, A woman some more & friend of HO JINX....wtf!..she thinks she is "Ironside"....must have a rich parents or she is from Malaysia, a jiu hu char bo.....do not need CPF money....:mad:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Handicapped people are sympathetic lot but I got no sympathy for this PAP mouthpiece disabled turd... Its no pity that she must stick to cucumber for the rest of her life...

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please excuse her for not being able to think straight.

It's been a long long while that she got a screw.

Any bros willing to volunteer? LoLoLoLoL

I think even if you fuck her or lick until her Cheebye waters.....she can't feel a thing due to her condition.
Very pitiful.....might as well wheel herself into bedok reservoir

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think even if you fuck her or lick until her Cheebye waters.....she can't feel a thing due to her condition.
Very pitiful.....might as well wheel herself into bedok reservoir

please no. bedok reservoir only takes in organic lumps of turd. wheelchair not permitted.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

The reason why the WP remains silent is because they know that what she says is true. CPF isn't yours to spend as you please. It is a scheme that has been created to take care of the basic needs of Singaporeans and as such, there are terms and conditions regarding its use.

However there is nothing to stop Singaporeans from setting up their own savings and investment funds independent of CPF and they can do what they like with that money.

I saved up a sizable sum of money simply by keeping my expenditure low and living well within my means. If I can do it then anyone else can. It's not difficult at all.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Any party member who stubbornly acknowledge that CPF should not be given back to people at age 55 SHOULD NOT BE VOTED IN