• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Let a Malaysian teach you how to live in Singapore

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dear The Real Singapore,

I’m not one of your average Singaporeans. I happen to be a Malaysian student, privileged enough to have the opportunity to study abroad. I’ve met a lot of Singaporeans here, and I’ve come to learn a lot about your country, your culture, and your way of life.

I was reading one of your articles: Rich Malaysian Girl Living In Singapore Laughing At Us Poor Singaporeans.

And while I agree that some of the things she said might be dissatisfying to some, the really disgusting part was reading the comments about it. Of all the things that could be said from her blog article, the majority of popular comments were stuff like: ‘She’s F*cking Ugly’, and something along the lines of her being a Rich B*tch.

And it finally occurred to me, from listening to my Singaporean friends’ everyday woes, to reading complaint articles on news websites like these.. Just how different Singaporeans and Malaysians truly are.

I’ve heard so much crap coming from Singaporeans about what a greedy cu*t your Prime Minister is. About how foreigners from China or Bangladesh are stealing your jobs, and that Singapore should be a country prioritized to SINGAPOREANS, NOT foreigners. And then I take a step back, and compare what was once upon a time a united country, now split in two. How much have we changed?

As a Malaysian Chinese growing up in a predominantly Malay government school, I can tell you first-hand what it’s like to be discriminated against. What it’s like to be ostracised, to be bullied, simply because my eyes were smaller or because I was born a different colour. I’ve had to endure years of insults, ranging from ‘Cina balik China!’ (Chinese return to China), to Chinese having the stereotyped smaller penile length.

Yet I endured. And because I am Chinese, proud of my ancestral heritage and history, I know that the only way for me to succeed in a country that isn’t going to give me an opportunity is to be Better than the others. So no, I don’t complain (much). I channel whatever disappointment and bitterness into a fire that helps me get through another night.

And because I know what it feels like to be on the receiving end of a racist argument, I also know what these ‘Banglas’ or ‘PRC’s as you like to call them, feel like. Do you think it’s fair (or even NICE?) to judge them and cyber-bash them, because they came thousands of miles from their home in the hopes of a better life?

Hey wait, that sounds familiar! Didn’t someone’s ancestors once do the same thing? Hmm?

Just because my grandparents settled in Malaysia a couple of generations before the Banglas or PRC’s did, does that give me the f$#king right to claim this country for my own, while denying it to other like-minded people? And the same goes with Singaporeans as well.

Now some of you might be thinking: Hey you’re one to talk. You don’t know the sh%t we (Singaporeans) have to go through! And no, you’re right. Truth be told, I Don’t know what you’re going through.

1. I don’t know what it’s like to pay for an expensive-as-hell COE.

2. I don’t know what it’s like to work for years, not being able to afford a house unless I’m married.

3. I don’t know what it’s like to be stuck in a train every few months because it breaks down.

4. I don’t know what it’s like to have my potential jobs, stolen from me by a frigging foreigner.

But you know something? There’s a few things YOU don’t know about us.

1. We have to work our way up, fighting against a race-based system. It matters more about our colour and religion, rather than our skills and smarts.

2. We might not pay as much as you do, but cars are expensive (to us) here too.

3. We go through DAILY jams, because our public transport isn’t as efficient as yours are.

4. We live with the fear that we can get shot at/R@ped/mugged/beaten up/die in police custody/die in an interrogation centre/get blown up by C4 if we’re pregnant/die in a bus accident.

5. We live in a country where our elections are rigged in full view of the public’s eye (well, if you can see in the dark la)

6. We don’t complain about foreigners stealing our jobs. We go out of our own country to steal OTHER people’s jobs.

I’ve come across a number of Singaporeans, determined as hell to leave their country because the Government doesn’t work in their favour. So to those disgruntled Singaporeans, unhappy because daddy won’t give you a biscuit when you cry. If you hate your country or government so much, just leave. There are almost 400,000 Malaysians currently residing and working in Singapore, and I for one am a potential future candidate, amongst millions of others.

Keep up the complaining instead of doing something about it, and you’ll realize just how badly we Malaysians want your jobs. To end this piece: I don’t think that Malaysians are better than Singaporeans in any way (Except that maybe we smile more). I’ve got huge respect for a prime minister who brought a country up from almost nothing, to becoming the 3rd highest GDP per capita in the world, according to the International Monetary Fund. Had Lee Kuan Yew been the prime minister of Malaysia as well, the possibilities would truly be endless.

So Stop Complaining. It could be worse.

You could have had Mahatir as your prime minister.

Nickahol

TRS Contributor

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The answer to all sinkie shit is that they are ball-less. Their ball-lessness screw their life and that is why the second PAP losers is still running the show.

If you are too ball-less to protest against the PAP, that is what you get.. Sinkies.. Face the hard truth.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have always said that the PAP government has been pampering and spoiling the Sinkies to such an extent that they can't even fight for their own survival now.

They are just like those animals in the zoo, whereby if you were to throw them into the wild, they will die of hunger in a very short span of time, because they no longer possess their hunting instinct anymore.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I actually found myself agreeing with a lot of the points raised by this M'sian. M'sian Chinese don't necessarily have it better than Sinkies; the low cost of living and slightly more democracy are offset by corruption, racism and semi-apartheid.

I only take issue with this statement:

ISo to those disgruntled Singaporeans, unhappy because daddy won’t give you a biscuit when you cry. If you hate your country or government so much, just leave.

Leaving the country is too defeatist. If you are so unhappy with the PAP govt, then for Christ's sake stop complaining and:

1. Join or volunteer for an opposition party. All opposition parties are very short-handed and could always do with more supporters, volunteers and new members.

2. Take part in civil activism to espouse specific causes which the govt is neglecting and to agitate for policy change.

3. Speak up as an individual if you see injustices being perpetrated. Write to the press, blog, speak at HLP, give financial assistance to activists and opposition politicians who are persecuted by the PAP, etc.

4. Finally, vote the bastards out in the next election. Tell your friends, family and relatives to vote opposition. Tell them that the vote is secret, and there's nothing to fear. Tell them that having a two- or multi-party parliament is a prerequisite for genuine participatory democracy. Tell them elected politicians are our servants​, not masters.

If none of the above is not your cup of tea, then leave. But tonychat will call you 'ball-less'.:biggrin:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I’ve come across a number of Singaporeans, determined as hell to leave their country because the Government doesn’t work in their favour. So to those disgruntled Singaporeans, unhappy because daddy won’t give you a biscuit when you cry. If you hate your country or government so much, just leave. There are almost 400,000 Malaysians currently residing and working in Singapore, and I for one am a potential future candidate, amongst millions of others.

WTF is the writer talking about? Unlike jiu hu kias, it not easy for Singaporeans to just leave, we do not have a neighbor just across the causeway, that even with low skill and education allows us to steal high paying jobs, at a much more favourable exchange rate.

Singaporeans have to go to faraway places which have very high barriers to entry on skills, education and / or wealth. So the only way to balance the equation on earning power vs costs is to buy property in Malaysia to reduce living costs so that money can stretch further but Malaysia Govt is not stupid and has raised barriers to entry by imposing RM1m rule, so unlike Jiu Hu Kias coming in millions to Singapore to steal jobs and getting higher salaries, only a handful of Singaporeans can buy properties in MY to reduce living costs.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
WTF is the writer talking about? Unlike jiu hu kias, it not easy for Singaporeans to just leave, we do not have a neighbor just across the causeway, that even with low skill and education allows us to steal high paying jobs, at a much more favourable exchange rate.

Singaporeans have to go to faraway places which have very high barriers to entry on skills, education and / or wealth. So the only way to balance the equation on earning power vs costs is to buy property in Malaysia to reduce living costs so that money can stretch further but Malaysia Govt is not stupid and has raised barriers to entry by imposing RM1m rule, so unlike Jiu Hu Kias coming in millions to Singapore to steal jobs and getting higher salaries, only a handful of Singaporeans can buy properties in MY to reduce living costs.

where got high barriers to entry???

just invest a few millions in Australia and waaalah..you got your PR..

same as Thailand...just buy a few property up to 10 million baht..waaalah.. you can stay there as a highly valued immigrant.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
What did i say? These Malaysians chinks, they are coming and they are conspiring to steal your job because ooooo they are discriminated in Malaysia you see. That gives them the right to take what is yours and gloat over the shackles placed upon you by the state. What are you going to do about it, sinkies? What should you do?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
where got high barriers to entry???

just invest a few millions in Australia and waaalah..you got your PR..

same as Thailand...just buy a few property up to 10 million baht..waaalah.. you can stay there as a highly valued immigrant.

Hey dumbo, if Sinkies had a few million, then no need to go overseas. You trying to say all those Jiu Hu Kias coming to Singapore have a few million too?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
What did i say? These Malaysians chinks, they are coming and they are conspiring to steal your job because ooooo they are discriminated in Malaysia you see. That gives them the right to take what is yours and gloat over the shackles placed upon you by the state. What are you going to do about it, sinkies? What should you do?

And telling you to leave too!!!

greenie

Alfrescian
Loyal

Be careful not to insult msian chinks. Or else that half nigger/chink Jah will call you Chinese dog.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
jiu hu kias are great fan of papig. almost every jiuhu kias I know say I ungrateful as I don't support papig. compare to their govt, papig is great in their eyes.

I only say jiuhu govt set the bar so low, so compare to umno, papig is the bestest. I want fair treatment to all, not like now, only familee and papigs cronies get all the advantages.

but even though jiu hu kia love pap, 99% of them dun want to change to pink ID despite here since primary 1. so papigs not the bestest after all.:rolleyes:

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
jiu hu kias are great fan of papig. almost every jiuhu kias I know say I ungrateful as I don't support papig. compare to their govt, papig is great in their eyes.

I only say jiuhu govt set the bar so low, so compare to umno, papig is the bestest. I want fair treatment to all, not like now, only familee and papigs cronies get all the advantages.

but even though jiu hu kia love pap, 99% of them dun want to change to pink ID despite here since primary 1. so papigs not the bestest after all.:rolleyes:

I concur with what you said. Msians i spoke to who work in sg are very proud of the houses and cars they own in msia, rarely they convert to sg passport. They love pap for what pap has brought them and also think i'm ungrateful. How to be grateful when i'm not a msian working in sg? Between, i wonder why sg companies hire when them their written ang moh is very hard to comprehend. I don't think they are paid that low. Sg has no o levels grad to take these jobs?