• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

LOL! first world Changi Airport Sky Train broke down now stuck in middle of track

jumpmrt

After all the MRT LRT faults, now the PAP's Changi Airport Sky Train got it. The faulty train of 2 sections stuck between T2~T3. Technician is there shutdown power and do emergency restart.

Clown lah!

nobody because it happens everywhere, including the famed airtrain at newark airport. the monorail system was shut down for repairs much of 2014, and recently, when it's back in service it struck down a worker and had to be shut down again.

http://www.app.com/story/news/local...orker-hit-newark-airports-air-train/22599481/

That is in other country, in Spore it is different - when opposition made mistake (real or otherwise) - govt minister made suggestion about hari kiri. The same should apply then to govt making mistakes.

I don't know why Sinkies like to pawn Sinkies. For example, when the MRT breaks down, they will ridicule the operators and their related Ministries/Ministers. Tell me which transport system in this world is operating at 100% efficiency, 24/7?

Sinkies should be grateful that if not for the government's foresight 25 years ago, Sinkies will most likely still be taking buses as their main form of public transportation today. Just look at Jakarta and KL, they are both without a full MRT system, although KL is currently in the midst of constructing it and it'll take another few years before their first train will start rolling.

Cerebral

I don't know why Sinkies like to pawn Sinkies. For example, when the MRT breaks down, they will ridicule the operators and their related Ministries/Ministers. Tell me which transport system in this world is operating at 100% efficiency, 24/7?

Sinkies should be grateful that if not for the government's foresight 25 years ago, Sinkies will most likely still be taking buses as their main form of public transportation today. Just look at Jakarta and KL, they are both without a full MRT system, although KL is currently in the midst of constructing it and it'll take another few years before their first train will start rolling.

It is not about 100% efficiency. It is about frequency.

As for KL, it is a different ball game altogether. You are aware that you can buy a car for a third of what you pay in SG. It is not an apple to apple comparison. Their train system is also screwed up because their Cronies have to have their cut first

iluvgst

Tell me which government in the world pays themselves millions in salaries and perks but operates at mediocre efficiency.

It is not about 100% efficiency. It is about frequency.

As for KL, it is a different ball game altogether. You are aware that you can buy a car for a third of what you pay in SG. It is not an apple to apple comparison. Their train system is also screwed up because their Cronies have to have their cut first

every city and major airport will require mass people movers. if everyone drives, cars will eventually jam the busiest parts of the city, and nobody goes anywhere. sinkies must thank the pap for having the foresight and foreskin to invest in mass people movers decades ago in order to solve traffic flow issues. if bart were to build out 3 massive inter-county loops with 2 transbay tunnels covering all cities and towns in the bay area 40 years ago at its inception, it would have cost taxpayers a penny to today's dollar then. today, it's costing us 100 times more, and permits, environmental impacts, construction, funding and re-zoning will delay the project by another 15 years.

in every such system, electrical, mechanical and signaling faults happen frequently even if it is new. passengers just have to put with downtime and inconvenience. only sinkies kpkb loudly like tiong cuntry bumpkins when something, anything is down or not working perfectly. sg is 1st world, but the inhabitants are still 3rd world, without the mature understanding of trade offs and the fact that modern infrastructure implementation will have some faults.

every city and major airport will require mass people movers. if everyone drives, cars will eventually jam the busiest parts of the city, and nobody goes anywhere. sinkies must thank the pap for having the foresight and foreskin to invest in mass people movers decades ago in order to solve traffic flow issues. if bart were to build out 3 massive inter-county loops with 2 transbay tunnels covering all cities and towns in the bay area 40 years ago at its inception, it would have cost taxpayers a penny to today's dollar then. today, it's costing us 100 times more, and permits, environmental impacts, construction, funding and re-zoning will delay the project by another 15 years.
Why you praise PAP for the past? MRT used to be number 1 ...now it is right at the bottom. MRT wasn't built for a 5.3 million population.

in every such system, electrical, mechanical and signaling faults happen frequently even if it is new. passengers just have to put with downtime and inconvenience. only sinkies kpkb loudly like tiong cuntry bumpkins when something, anything is down or not working perfectly. sg is 1st world, but the inhabitants are still 3rd world, without the mature understanding of trade offs and the fact that modern infrastructure implementation will have some faults.
Please don't provide excuse for mediocrity.

Tell me which government in the world pays themselves millions in salaries and perks but operates at mediocre efficiency.

bart management and union employees are the highest paid transit workers in the world (payroll in the hundreds of millions), yet the system sucks, breaks down all the time, and charges passengers us$11.75 for a 1-way ride from concord to sf - equivalent to a ride on the smrt from tampines to boon lay. the other bloated systems in terms of pay are the dc metro, nyc metro and path.

sg ministers deal with more strategic and macro issues than just mass transit. it is only a tiny fraction of the massive responsibilities placed on shoulders of ministers. if sg collapses financially, economically and monetarily, you will not have your two eggs and kopi-c with kaya toast in the morning at less than sg$5. getting stuck at an mrt station will pale in comparison to the shock that your savings in the bank and price of your pigeon hole have been wiped out.

Why you praise PAP for the past? MRT used to be number 1 ...now it is right at the bottom. MRT wasn't built for a 5.3 million population.

Please don't provide excuse for mediocrity.

compared to all mass transit systems in the u.s., smrt is by far número uno.

kryonlight

bart management and union employees are the highest paid transit workers in the world (payroll in the hundreds of millions), yet the system sucks, breaks down all the time, and charges passengers us$11.75 for a 1-way ride from concord to sf - equivalent to a ride on the smrt from tampines to boon lay. the other bloated systems in terms of pay are the dc metro, nyc metro and path.

sg ministers deal with more strategic and macro issues than just mass transit. it is only a tiny fraction of the massive responsibilities placed on shoulders of ministers. if sg collapses financially, economically and monetarily, you will not have your two eggs and kopi-c with kaya toast in the morning at less than sg$5. getting stuck at an mrt station will pale in comparison to the shock that your savings in the bank and price of your pigeon hole have been wiped out.

I wonder why do you have so much time on your hands churning paragraphs of shit in this forum. I almost always have to keep my eyes on your shit and skip them over lest I trip. Maybe I should consider putting you on my ignore list from now on.

i volunteer my free time to offer counter-arguments, present facts, compare the shit that is happening in other 1st world cuntries, and from time to time if proof is in the pudding, praise the pap. it's not an easy role to play chief of propaganda without getting paid.