• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Court throws out man's bid to get back $500k in 'love gifts' to mistress

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Court throws out man's bid to get back $500k in 'love gifts' to mistress

By K. C. Vijayan, Senior Law Correspondent

The High Court threw out a Singaporean businessman's bid to recover "love gifts" allegedly worth $500,000 from his China-born mistress after their two-year affair soured.
The court found Mr Kua Tee Beng, 67, could not back his claim that he had been pressured to give her lavish gifts including a $40,000 cheque and $295,000 to help buy a condominium unit.
"(Mr Kua)'s evidence that the defendant threatened to tell his current wife about their relationship does not sit comfortably with (his) own behaviour over the course of the parties' two-year relationship," said Judicial Commissioner George Wei. "Given that (Mr Kua) is an independent and successful businessman, I find it hard to believe that he would so easily succumb to the pressure he alleges," he said in judgment grounds released yesterday.
Mr Kua had sued for the return of three Rolex watches worth $50,000 in total, jewellery valued at $30,000 and monthly allowances amounting to $85,000 allegedly given over two years from June 2011 to hairdressing salon owner Ye Caiyan, 41.
He also sought the return of $295,000 he had put down for an $808,000 three-room apartment in Hong San Walk in Choa Chu Kang registered in her name.
Madam Ye, a Fujian native who is now a Singapore citizen, has three school-going children with her Singaporean husband, from whom she is legally separated.
Mr Kua is twice married and has three children, aged between 38 and 44, with his first wife.
He first met Madam Ye in August 2010 through her nephew, a mechanic at his workshop. Some seven months later, they became involved and he started giving her expensive items and money.
Both gave "wildly conflicting" versions of why the relationship ended in 2013, noted the judge.
Mr Kua's lawyer Subbiah Pillai argued she had exerted undue influence to make him give her the various items and that the condo was actually being held by her in trust for him so his children could not fight over it.
But Madam Ye's lawyer Ramalingam Kasi countered the items, given in the "context of a loving and sexually intimate relationship" were non-returnable as they were "voluntarily given".
The judge found Mr Kua did not offer a "single shred of evidence" to show he gave her the jewellery or three Rolex watches, instead of only one Rolex.
Nor could Mr Kua prove he had been threatened by Madam Ye into supporting her for over two years, paying maintenance monthly and holiday bills for her and her children.
Mr Kua claimed that Madam Ye went to his motor workshop office frequently to badger and "create a scene" for payments but no witness was called to support this claim, noted the judge, who was also not convinced Mr Kua wanted to buy the property for himself given his "lack of involvement" in the purchase, among other things.
"I do not find it extraordinary or implausible that (Mr Kua) intended to benefit (Madam Ye) with the entire $295,000. This is perfectly understandable given that the parties were in an intimate relationship at that point."
[email protected]
Copyright © 2015 Singapore Press Holdings. All rights reserved.

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
67 Year Ol Sinkie Hero Get Pawned by ATB

Kua Tee Beng, a 67 year old Singaporean man is suing his ex-mistress to try and get his Condo unit back.

He had paid over $340,000 for the condo unit in Choa Chu Kang and had registered it under the name of his China-born, Singapore new citizen mistress.

Mr Kua, a former car workshop owner is also trying to get back three Rolex watches, jewellery and some monthly allowances that he gave her worth over $165,000.

The mistress, Ye Caiyan owns a hairdressing salon here.

She also has a Singaporean husband and three children here but she is separated from her husband.

Mdm Ye had met Mr Kua through her nephew who was a mechanic at Mr Kua’s workshop.

There are disputed accounts of how the relationship began ut Mr Kua says that Mdm Ye had invited him to a social gathering and complained to him that she had just gotten divorced and she was lonely.

Mdm Ye claims that Mr Kua came to her hair salon often and tried to woo her and promised to look after her and her children for life.

The two became lovers and Mr Kua gave her $5,000 a month for “allowance” and paid for her utility bills and groceries. Mdm Ye claims it was only $3,500.

Mr Kua says that Mdm Ye forced him to support her and her children while she insists that he did it voluntarily out of love.
During their relationship, Mr Kua paid up $340,000 as a deposit plus expenses for a $810,000 three room condo unit in Palm Gardens. The unit was registered under Mdm Ye’s name.

Mr Kua explained that he had bought the flat as an investment but they had simply agreed to register it under Mdm Ye’s name as they didn’t want his children, aged 38 and 44 from his first marriage, to fight over the unit.

He claims that Mdm Ye was simply holding the unit in trust for him and he is still the rightful owner of the unit despite it being registered under Mdm Ye’s name.

However, Mdm Ye insists that the condo unit was actually a gift to her from Mr Kua who had purchased it for her so that when she got divorced from her husband, she would have a roof for her and her two school-going children.

She said that because it was a gift she is the rightful owner.

Mr Kua explained that "I trusted her. I let it be put under her name. Later I realised that she wanted to cheat me," through a Hokkien interpreter.

He pointed out that the flat was simply too big of a gift to give anyone, He said that he would not even give his wife such a big present.

The case continues.

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
where got like that one.

pay for makan already still want to get back money?

this is a normal transaction and should be taken as one.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
$500k over 3 years and when he was already 62 years old! Hope it was worth it!

He thought Singapore was like olden China days, whereby the Master has lots of women and concubine. Reason not being the man is horny, but it is rather to spread the wealth throughout so that the tax authority won't go after them.

aerobwala

Alfrescian
Loyal
ST_20141115_XCONDO15_827026e.jpg

ST PHOTO: WONG KWAI CHOW

Last edited:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dun under estimate the seduction of prc gal, i am falling head over heels over a prc borned who study frim young and do good here...like tio gong tao like that...:o

Don't think I would pay $5/- much less half a mil!!

Last edited:

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
why some FOOkers think they give already can take back when not happy? some more must sue sue sue an FOOking sue

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If it is a gift, that means once you give it, you can't take it back. Otherwise, it is simply a loan, not a gift.

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
To me any prc gal is just a whore...

wonderful karma. car workshop owners are masters of cheating. classic tale of a stupid arrogant sinkie meeting a ruthless china whore. both deserved each other. tale of a chao kuan meets a chao CB. hahahahha. great news and should be made into a mediacorspe story..

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If it is a gift, that means once you give it, you can't take it back. Otherwise, it is simply a loan, not a gift.

Like me giving to CPF....it is a gift, a lifelong gift....but the best part is, they can loan me back my gift & I have to pay interest on that..ha ha ha

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Like me giving to CPF....it is a gift, a lifelong gift....but the best part is, they can loan me back my gift & I have to pay interest on that..ha ha ha

the cpf statement can only look but no touch, the atb vegetable can touchy-feely, smell and slam-dunk.
only question is when he saw both, which one made him happier momentarily - although the end result is similar, he got fucked :o