• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chandrika - best soap in the world

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Used chandika soap a long time ago but nowadays I prefer unscented soap without any of the added chemicals. The additives can dry your skin & may also be carcinogenic.

Anyone looking for a simple soap can consider Castille soap. At Nature's Glory they sell Dr Bronners castille liquid or soap form. I get Dr. Woods from iHerb because it's cheaper. I have also used and can recommend Aubrey Organics, Herbal Liquid, Everyday Body Soap.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Never heard of this is this local product?

You tried it yet? I thought the smell is quite therapeutic like it wakes you up.

http://ipi-phil.com/public.php/product/view/13/Sulfur-Soap

Sulfur%20Soap%20O%20135g%20(Large).jpg

Sulfur%20Soap%20(Large).jpg

Sulfur%20Soap%2090g%20(Large).jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Wow never know there's a Dr. S Wong soap around. Sulphur some more like hot spring I guess should be good for skin. Is this made in Singapore?

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Back in those times, all mothers. "swear" by the Lam Soon Soap..it was a multi-purpose soap. If I am not wrong the soap factory was at Ulu Pandan Road, where either Allsworth Park is or Pandan Valley Condo is....you could smell, the "sabun" ( soap), when you are nearing the factory....:biggrin:

I believe it was at jalan jurong kechil, for the lam soon factory.

youth123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thailand has many interesting products (e.g. snacks, soaps, medicine, condiments) that it doesn't export overseas. Even the products at Golden Mile's Thai Supermarket is limited in variety.

'Grandma' soap
885350200950.jpg
This is Madame Heng bar soap from Thailand.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I'm using Parrot Botanicals bar soap from Thailand, been using it since the 80s

attachment.php

i still see 1 foot long bar soap use in the villages for all sorts of applications however Parrot brand of soap is like the most popular in the countryside now a days.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thailand has many interesting products (e.g. snacks, soaps, medicine, condiments) that it doesn't export overseas. Even the products at Golden Mile's Thai Supermarket is limited in variety.

'Grandma' soap
885350200950.jpg

This is abot $1.50 a piece

\

Have another type for Madam Heng

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I'm using Parrot Botanicals bar soap from Thailand, been using it since the 80s

Was at BigC this evening and took this short video of Parrot soaps on the shelves.

Sold for 44 baht for a pack of 4 (110g each) and 37 baht for a pack of 4 (75g each)

[video=youtube;CnOk5EguR_M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnOk5EguR_M[/video]

youth123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was at BigC this evening and took this short video of Parrot soaps on the shelves.

Sold for 44 baht for a pack of 4 (110g each) and 37 baht for a pack of 4 (75g each)

[video=youtube;CnOk5EguR_M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnOk5EguR_M[/video]

Glad to know that the Thai folks are still using this parrot brand bar soap. In Spore, its getting rare, only those $2 dollar shops still sell it. In the 80s and 90s, my whole family used this soap. So were my childhood friends & neighbours. Whenever I'm in Hatyai, it warms my heart to see this soap still used by the Thais. This parrot brand soap is the pride of Thailand! Chan Ruk Meung Thai!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Glad to know that the Thai folks are still using this parrot brand bar soap. In Spore, its getting rare, only those $2 dollar shops still sell it. In the 80s and 90s, my whole family used this soap. So were my childhood friends & neighbours. Whenever I'm in Hatyai, it warms my heart to see this soap still used by the Thais. This parrot brand soap is the pride of Thailand! Chan Ruk Meung Thai!

Even living here I always thought that Parrot comes in Yellow and Green till last night saw it comes in so many "flavours" :biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
When when I was young, before we could afford LUX soap, Palmolive etc....the family use, the tan/orange coloured 1 foot ( 30cm) long Lam Soon soap bar, where, you use the chopper & cut them, into tiny bars or you buy the chopped up small bars from the provision shop. That Lam Soon Soap, was used for wishing clothes on the wash board, bathing, shampoo hair...ha ha ha :biggrin:

Could not find the Lam Soon type of soap in BigC however did see a similar type of laundry bar soap but it's blue and white comes in a pack of 8 pcs feels a little soft too