• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My $600 mistake CUCKOO rice cooker from South Korea

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The best rice cooker is the humble Chinese claypot. My grandma used to cook her rice in a claypot over a charcoal stove every meal. Still the best rice I've ever tasted. Cleaning is a chore though – have to scrape the burnt rice off.

The second best rice cooker is the Japanese electric rice cooker. I'm using Zojirushi, which invented the 'stay warm' function. Makes a perfect pot of rice every time. National is also pretty good.

Stay away from Korean cookers, and Korean stuff in general.

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eat more wheat lah...... so said Singapore Govt in 1967 :

cards.jpg

Deputy Prime Minster Toh Chin Chye (Right) Tasting a Wheat Cooking Competition.

A flour exhibition was held in conjunction with National Day ’67. The Singapore Food Manufacturers’ Association organized a “Eat More Flour Week” in liaison with the government. The Singapore Medical Association endorsed the campaign publicly, citing health benefits of flour over rice in Straits Times.

This was one Campaign which FAILED, while the "Stop at 2" was a great success...... see what happened today? Still happy with LKY's "visionary greatness"?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Eat more wheat lah...... so said Singapore Govt in 1967 :

cards.jpg

Deputy Prime Minster Toh Chin Chye (Right) Tasting a Wheat Cooking Competition.

A flour exhibition was held in conjunction with National Day ’67. The Singapore Food Manufacturers’ Association organized a “Eat More Flour Week” in liaison with the government. The Singapore Medical Association endorsed the campaign publicly, citing health benefits of flour over rice in Straits Times.

This was one Campaign which FAILED, while the "Stop at 2" was a great success...... see what happened today? Still happy with LKY's "visionary greatness"?

Could have benefited Prima no?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You could have saved yourself the trip to Korea by getting a Philips rice cooker. I was also looking at the higher end version which also had the pressurised feature. The reason I decided against getting any of the new rice cookers is because they use non-stick pots. Don't know if the newer non-stick is safe but better to be save then sorry.

My current rice cooker is an old National rice cooker . Very old 10+ years & still very dependable.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
some sinkies are gluten-intolerant, especially those with southern peasant genes. better for these coolies to stick with rice.

If you have type II diabetes, eating white rice can be a problem. You can try multi-grain rice.
Another option is Thai organic Crystal Hom Mali brown rice. Available at some NTUC. They even have a facbook page, www.facebook.com/sukhahouse

http://www.sukhahouse.com/shop/

Although it is a brown rice, taste wise it is just like to normal white rice. It also cooks very well, There is very little sticky residue to clean,

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
i never like anything about Korea

the food sucks and the people rude
it is a fuck up country unlike my dear Singapore and of course the mighty USA :wink:

hate to agree with you but koreans are just snobbish babarians

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
I use Zojirushi. Do you know why the brown rice still need about 45mins? any way to cook faster? Any guide regarding the water level for two person or smaller portions? My brown rice come out mushy:(

The best rice cooker is the humble Chinese claypot. My grandma used to cook her rice in a claypot over a charcoal stove every meal. Still the best rice I've ever tasted. Cleaning is a chore though – have to scrape the burnt rice off.

The second best rice cooker is the Japanese electric rice cooker. I'm using Zojirushi, which invented the 'stay warm' function. Makes a perfect pot of rice every time. National is also pretty good.

Stay away from Korean cookers, and Korean stuff in general.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sell it and get a normal rice cooker if you do not want the pressure function lah.

I thought if i pay more for high tech gizmo, my rice will taste better. I cannot return it to Seoul.
What to do. It must have a mode to cook like cheap rice cooker.
How do i disable the pressurise feature.

Anyone here own a cuckoo rice cooker?
There must be someone. Help.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I use Zojirushi. Do you know why the brown rice still need about 45mins? any way to cook faster? Any guide regarding the water level for two person or smaller portions? My brown rice come out mushy:(

Funny, my Zojirushi's brown rice came out a bit dry initially. (I prefer my rice a little bit sticky.) After some experimentation, I got it right: For two persons, 1 cup of brown rice to 1¼ to 1½ cups of water.

Unpolished Thai red rice gives a nicer consistency that the standard brown rice.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
they're jealous, vindictive, arrogant, prideful, power-hungry, domineering and thuggish too. samsung korean management investigated and humiliated employees of u.s. operations because they were highly successful.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/samsung-surprised-success-us-sent-154100439.html
The only Korean product in my house is a SAMSUNG washing machine because their standard is only acceptable for washing my undies.

I have worked with Korean clients before and they are all very nasty lots. Once at the airport, I met a Japanese who sells their machines to the Koreans. During a meeting, the Koreans showed no respect for the Japanese by taking a pencil and threw directly at the Japanese sitting opposite, even though the problems had originated due to the misuse by the Koreans themselves.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hate to agree with you but koreans are just snobbish babarians

Yes, the Koreans are just a insular, uncouth martial tribe ensconced in N.E. Asia, constantly warring with the other neighbouring tribes like the Manchus, Jurchens, Khitans and Mongols. Also, years of paying obeisance to China as a vassal state and living on borrowed Chinese culture have given them a huge inferiority complex.

Now that they've made it to the developed league, their lack of culture and civilization is manifested in their boorish manner and hyper-nationalistic (xenophobic and racist) behaviour. The inferiority complex is manifested in their repeatedly appropriating elements of Chinese culture (written language, medicine, historical personages) as their own, even distorting historical facts to suit their agenda of aggrandizing their relatively atavistic cultural heritage.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why need rice cooker? just boil in a pot will do

rice cooker make superior rice compare to a pot. Unless you like crisy bottom using pot or claypot.

But rice cooker have high power mode which make that too, without sticking on the pot. It make pot rice in a rice cooker.