• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

My $600 mistake CUCKOO rice cooker from South Korea

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You think this is a tech forum. Also you don't even know how to program a cooker? It didn't come with the instructions or did you find it in a little india alleyway?

I'm reporting the news. I don't create the news you dumb ass singh veld.

edit: I see that everything is in korean who knows maybe the instructions are in korean so care to tell me who in this forum knows how to read korean? This being a sinkie forum. See what a moron you are.

posting photos show you have no decency.
Your parent did not teach you any common decency.
That i blame your parent.

of the thousands sam leong forum , there bound to be someone who come across a cuckoo rice cooker or own one. I do not expect a moron like you to understand. Go back to your own thread if you have nothing better to say.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that is disgusting, do you hate technology? Are you like the unibomber?

i have 2 electric lice cookers: small and large. i also have 3 crockpot cookers (can also be used to cook lice): small, medium, and large. in addition, i have an induction-mindless-heating (imh) cooker, cast iron skillets, dutch ovens or french-style cast iron pots, and a dozen pans and pots with cladding. you can cook lice with all of them. don't need electric lice cooker all the time.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
i bet no one knows how to cook rice without a rice cooker.

Can use steam oven to cook rice. Either use a bowl or pot to cook the rice, depending on how many persons eating. Just cover it with a plate or lid. It is easiest and the rice won't stick to the bowl/pot, no need non-stick coating at all. Can steam veg/fish/chicken etc on the other rack at the same time too.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can use steam oven to cook rice. Either use a bowl or pot to cook the rice, depending on how many persons eating. Just cover it with a plate or lid. It is easiest and the rice won't stick to the bowl/pot, no need non-stick coating at all. Can steam veg/fish/chicken etc on the other rack at the same time too.

steam oven is the greatest waste of money in my kitchen

i bought a sharp steam combo and it is just gathering dust.

in fact this rice cooker do everything that steam oven do but much better.

steam oven is slow , my rice cooker have pressurise feature to speed up steaming
have to clean the water from the steam oven , my rice cooker collect the water in an small container

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
steam oven is the greatest waste of money in my kitchen

i bought a sharp steam combo and it is just gathering dust.

in fact this rice cooker do everything that steam oven do but much better.

steam oven is slow , my rice cooker have pressurise feature to speed up steaming
have to clean the water from the steam oven , my rice cooker collect the water in an small container

I find it okay leh to cook rice but abit troublesome to wipe the water from the steam oven indeed. But no need to monitor during cooking and it cooks my multi-grain/brown rice in 38 mins and can steam at least two other dishes at the same time. I don't like rice cooker due to the non-stick layer.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
posting photos show you have no decency.
Your parent did not teach you any common decency.
That i blame your parent.

of the thousands sam leong forum , there bound to be someone who come across a cuckoo rice cooker or own one. I do not expect a moron like you to understand. Go back to your own thread if you have nothing better to say.

For someone that doesn't even know how to operate a rice cooker you surely don't have any right to lecture me on morals. Almost any type of photo can be posted here that's why we have shit photos, puke even some nude pictures although this forum has a no nudity or rather photos of hardcore sex.

so did anyone teach you how to operate the cooker after so many pages? I doubt it. If not you would have mentioned it. So your guess that someone would know is wrong.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For someone that doesn't even know how to operate a rice cooker you surely don't have any right to lecture me on morals. Almost any type of photo can be posted here that's why we have shit photos, puke even some nude pictures although this forum has a no nudity or rather photos of hardcore sex.

so did anyone teach you how to operate the cooker after so many pages? I doubt it. If not you would have mentioned it. So your guess that someone would know is wrong.

crazy it is not just a rice cooker
it is a $600 rice cooker
there are so much feature in it.
you would not understand. Unless you use one before.

Someone here already given me some useful tips, which i have been testing.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it is a $600 rice cooker

rofl anyway where is your instruction manual?it might be a 600 dollar rice cooker but I doubt you paid $600 for it probably found or stole it somewhere and of course didnt have the instruction manual with it. Pardon me when I mentioned earlier about it being in Korean since it's a Korean product almost all products would have English in their manuals even made in china ones non international brands.

spinn

Alfrescian
Loyal

this is a sure fail safe method even for cooking small amounts. the smallest amount of rice i have cooked is half a cup in a pot. everything is play be ear, or rather by sight.

whatever method you like best, at the end of the day i still think the basic rice cooker is still the most efficient. my trusty national rice cooker comes with just keep warm function, from the 80's. then it was the best rice cooker around and to me still is. to avoid caking, unplug the cooker once the switch has flipped & let it stand for about 45 min. guaranteed nothing sticks to the bottom.

my ideal rice cooker would be a fully automatic one. all i need to do is dump the rice into cooker & flip the switch. the cooker will then sense the type of rice & quantity. of course it would have a voice confirmation before activating the best wash cycle & cooking mode ...:biggrin:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it is a $600 rice cooker

so you bought a rice-cooker that can act as a pressure cooker ? it is still too expensive for $600.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so you bought a rice-cooker that can act as a pressure cooker ? it is still too expensive for $600.

This $600 cooker is also too complicated for pea brained Singh veld to operate so he needs to ask here for someone to hold his hand and teach him how to operate it.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This $600 cooker is also too complicated for pea brained Singh veld to operate so he needs to ask here for someone to hold his hand and teach him how to operate it.

life could be simple. if you want a rice cooker, just buy a rice cooker. if you want a pressure cooker, just buy a pressure cooker. don't confuse yourself. :biggrin:

if Singveld has the time, if the prints are clear enough, he can OCR the manual and then use some translation software to translate from Korean to English.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sideswipe said:
life could be simple. if you want a rice cooker, just buy a rice cooker. if you want a pressure cooker, just buy a pressure cooker. don't confuse yourself.
Exactly. As if life's not complicated enough. Don't think many will part 600 bucks for a kimport import, only for daily staple.
..basic rice cooker is still the most efficient. my trusty national rice cooker comes with just keep warm function, from the 80's.
my ideal rice cooker would be a fully automatic one. all i need to do is dump the rice into cooker & flip the switch. the cooker will then sense the type of rice & quantity. ...voice confirmation before activating the best wash cycle & cooking mode ...:biggrin:
Long haired female might just do the trick (and comes with more freebies?):biggrin:

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my ideal rice cooker would be a fully automatic one. all i need to do is dump the rice into cooker & flip the switch. the cooker will then sense the type of rice & quantity. ...:biggrin:

and water will be automatically filled to required level from reserve tank