• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

When LHL step down, will he become Ministar Mentor

Zatoichi

Alfrescian
Loyal
It must be announced to the public. Only when that is done will the world know there's a succession plan...
Yes, the "world" will know if there's a public announcement, but is it necessary for the "world" to know?
Did it matter, when GCT was appointed PM back in 1990?
The PAP still remained in power more because of LKY than because of GCT, right?
Just as you've said, "Does it change the status quo?"

...and Kee Chiu's appointment will be secured--as in LHL can't remove the former if he changes his mind or has doubts about the former's capabilities and performance.
What if Chan Chun Sing REALLY falters in some way, e.g. unexpected cancer just like LHL (haha!), while LHL is still alive and healthy enough to talk and travel around the world?

...Kee Chiu is part of the royal Familee. In fact he's the godson of Gecko. Believe what you will.
This "royal Familee" might have been the rulers of Singapore for the past half-century, but they are certainly not the rulers of the whole world; at the most, they are co-rulers with many other powerful families around the world, right?

Throughout the history of the world, even just focusing on the last two thousand years, various ruling families of various empires around the world have risen and fallen, and humanity has still continued to reproduce itself and move on with life, regardless of whether the quality of that life got better or worse; and unless some kind of "end of the world" situation happens, humanity will continue to move on one way or another.

So, in Singapore's case, my point is that it does NOT really matter who the next PM is.
It's interesting to know who he/she is, but since he/she will have to continue co-operating with the heads of other powerful families around the world to oppress most Singaporeans (and even most non-Singaporeans around the world), "Does it change the status quo?"

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, it's Monty Python's "Ministry of Silly Walks":

[video=youtube;iV2ViNJFZC8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV2ViNJFZC8[/video]

And Monty Python's oldest and most famous member's name is "John Cleese":
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Cleese
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Python

I stand corrected. John Cleese it is. And yes the great Monthy Python's Ministry of Silly Walks. Bet that will be much more productive than quite a few ministries seen today.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, the "world" will know if there's a public announcement, but is it necessary for the "world" to know?
Yes, it does.
Did it matter, when GCT was appointed PM back in 1990?
No, it didn't matter then because AT THAT TIME the dictator was still alive and kicking. GCT was just a seat-warmer and was appointed to be the Prime MiniSTAR for wayang purpose only. Everyone knew then that he wasn't Old Fart's the true choice of PM.
The PAP still remained in power more because of LKY than because of GCT, right? Just as you've said, "Does it change the status quo?" Bingo :smile:
What if Chan Chun Sing REALLY falters in some way, e.g. unexpected cancer just like LHL (haha!), while LHL is still alive and healthy enough to talk and travel around the world?
My dear bro, when you analyze politics--esp. convoluted politics in Asia and Asian dictatorships and authoritation regimes such as Sinkieland's--you've to constantly fall back (a/k/a refer back to) FIRST PRINCIPLES.

On numerous occasions Old Fart had declared that Pinky (a/k/a LHL) was his preferred choice of PM because the latter would ensure that the former's legacy be strictly preserved.

Just ask yourself: do you think Kee Chiu is the rightful heir of Old Fart's legacy?

Or:

More importantly, is LHL reasurred beyond reasonable doubt that Kee Chiu will preserve Old Fart's leegacy (read: legacy)?

We never know what goes on in the mind of LHL but we at least can attempt to infer from LHL's lack of action on announcing a succession plan to Sinkies.

And suppose LHL announced his succession plan to Sinkies and the world. So what?

If his grandfather's and his father's actual lifespans are good predictors, LHL may live till at least 90 years old. And LHL may emulate his father by making decisions and pulling the strings behind the Iron Curtain till at least 85 years old. During that time, LHL has sufficient time to groom one of LKY's grandsons to be the real PM.
So, in Singapore's case, my point is that it does NOT really matter who the next PM is.
It DOES to a certain extent and insofar as the opposition parties may tailor their GE strategies.
It's interesting to know who he/she is, but since he/she will have to continue co-operating with the heads of other powerful families around the world to oppress most Singaporeans (and even most non-Singaporeans around the world), "Does it change the status quo?"
My dear bro, I don't wish to discuss too plainly for there are PAP IBs here on this forum.

May I recommend that you read up on:

a. Viktor Yanukovitch's fall and his fallout with Western powers including the USA (his government was legit; he was elected by his people)

b. President Assad's fallout with Western powers which initially supported him

c. Gaddafi's fallout with Western powers

d. Saddam Hussein's fallout with Western powers (note: Saddam Hussein was installed with the blessings of Western powers.)

To summarize: what the rise and fall of the above 4 dictators shows us is that Leegime may not always enjoy the favor of Western powers and the USA and Old Fart knows that (how? Old Fart was once a lackey of the all-powerful Imperial Japanese Empire.)

Last edited:

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unless LHL inherited the genes of his father's mother, Chua Jim Neo, who died in her 70s
There's something you need to know about life expectancies of men.

The Y chromosome does play an important part in life expectancies of men.

All other things being equal--no car/air/sea accidents, no cancer, no dangerous lifestyles such as heavy drinking, multiple sex partners, consumption of narcotics--men do pass on their "longevity" genes to their sons.

Pinky's grandfather lived to at least 90+ years of age.

Old Fart has crossed the 90-year timeline.

In summary, the Y chromosome does play an important role in ensuring that the male offspring live as long as their fathers.

P.S.: I'm sorry I've to go for dinner now. My wife's been hollering me. It's quite cold in this part of the world.

JohnGao

Alfrescian
Loyal
But he can be President also. So, he has two choices. Which would be a betterer choice for him?

Or combine the two and make himself President and Ministar Mentor (PMM).

This whole Minister Mentor shit sounds like Imperial China.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
This whole Minister Mentor shit sounds like Imperial China.

I see nothing wrong with a predominantly ethnic Chinese community adopting long established and time honored Chinese traditions when it comes to running a country.

Why should Singapore adopt a liberal Western model of governance when Singapore is an independent Asian nation.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
May I recommend that you read up on:

a. Viktor Yanukovitch's fall and his fallout with Western powers including the USA (his government was legit; he was elected by his people)

b. President Assad's fallout with Western powers which initially supported him

c. Gaddafi's fallout with Western powers

d. Saddam Hussein's fallout with Western powers (note: Saddam Hussein was installed with the blessings of Western powers.)

To summarize: what the rise and fall of the above 4 dictators shows us is that Leegime may not always enjoy the favor of Western powers and the USA and Old Fart knows that (how? Old Fart was once a lackey of the all-powerful Imperial Japanese Empire.)

No need to talk so much. The crystal ball is very clear. Singapore will be history when Indonesia awakens as it is doing so for the last 5 years. Now with Jokowi on board, it's full steam ahead. Analysts already predicted Indonesia will be the next rising power but what they did not predict is how thick Indonesia is with China. People will say why China and not USA. Well, the answer is also very clear. As long as Pinoyland is affiliated to USA in military and economic terms, Indonesia will project its influence on South East Asia through China and assist China as the southern great wall to block Australia of any influence it thinks it is capable of. There is a conspiracy motive of having Bali bombed right after 9/11.

It is USA's idea of telling Indonesia it can create havoc through its CIA elements across Indonesia. What USA did not anticipate is that the majority of the mooselimps in Indonesia are moderate. No one ever ask how come only one Bali bombing and not two, three or more. This is clearly because the Bali bombing was instigated by CIA elements and funded by it. But with the rising power and influence of China and its projection across the South China seas, Indonesia will find a military ally with China instead of USA, which will never be able to convince the largest mooselimp population to subjugate itself with. Singapore has to contend with Pinoyland to curry favors with USA, but recent events of Vietnam, Nipponland and Pinoyland showed clearly China cannot be stopped, what with USA declining in power and influence and besides this, Russia is already in the pocket of China, so China can concentrate on its efforts in its southern border.

So, you may ask what about India? Well, forget India. All talk and no action. Indians are cowards and this is so because democracy breeds cowardice and India is the largest democracy in the world and ask youraelf, what has it achieved? Nothing much but all lies. It claims to have nuclear warheads and is a nuclear power, but just recently, it asked Obama to help it to build nuclear reactors. Let me tell you guys this. If you so not have the technology of nuclear reactors, you can kiss nuclear warheads good-bye. That means India and Pakistan had been lying about their nuclear capability all these 50 years or so. Who gave the blessings for this lie? Well, USA of course. It is a country built on subterfuge and lies. If it can get away with it, it will.

Zatoichi

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's something you need to know about life expectancies of men.

The Y chromosome does play an important part in life expectancies of men.

All other things being equal--no car/air/sea accidents, no cancer, no dangerous lifestyles such as heavy drinking, multiple sex partners, consumption of narcotics--men do pass on their "longevity" genes to their sons.

Pinky's grandfather lived to at least 90+ years of age.

Old Fart has crossed the 90-year timeline.

In summary, the Y chromosome does play an important role in ensuring that the male offspring live as long as their fathers.
So, since LHL has had two rounds of cancer attacks, LHL will NOT live beyond 80, let alone 90?

By the way, it seems that Lee Hoon Leong (haha, another LHL) died at 71 years old:
Veritas: Lee Kuan Yew's grandfather: Recontructing Lee Hoon Leong
http://veritas-lux.blogspot.sg/2011/07/lee-kuan-yews-grandfather-recontructing.html

Anyway, here's a famous example for comparison:
John D. Rockefeller (97+ years): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_D._Rockefeller
John D. Rockefeller Jr. (86+ years, only son): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_D._Rockefeller_Jr.
The famous-five Rockefeller brothers:
John D. Rockefeller III (72+ years, accident, eldest grandson): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_D._Rockefeller_III
Nelson Rockefeller (70+ years, heart attack, second grandson): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nelson_Rockefeller
Laurance Rockefeller (94+ years, third grandson): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurance_Rockefeller
Winthrop Rockefeller (60+ years, cancer, fourth grandson): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winthrop_Rockefeller
David Rockefeller (99+ years, still alive, fifth grandson): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Rockefeller

Last edited:

Zatoichi

Alfrescian
Loyal
My dear bro, when you analyze politics--esp. convoluted politics in Asia and Asian dictatorships and authoritation regimes such as Sinkieland's--you've to constantly fall back (a/k/a refer back to) FIRST PRINCIPLES.

On numerous occasions Old Fart had declared that Pinky (a/k/a LHL) was his preferred choice of PM because the latter would ensure that the former's legacy be strictly preserved.
Yes, I'm aware of all that, but I think you're missing my point:
Throughout the history of the world, even just focusing on the last two thousand years, various ruling families of various empires around the world have risen and fallen, and humanity has still continued to reproduce itself and move on with life, regardless of whether the quality of that life got better or worse; and unless some kind of "end of the world" situation happens, humanity will continue to move on one way or another.
which includes Asia and Singapore. Even you also admit that the:
...Leegime may not always enjoy the favor of Western powers and the USA and Old Fart knows that.
You are, therefore, contradicting yourself.
Because how can the "Leegacy" of the "Leegime" be "strictly preserved" if it does NOT enjoy the favour of the Western powers, as you've said?

More importantly, is LHL reasurred beyond reasonable doubt that Kee Chiu will preserve Old Fart's leegacy (read: legacy)?
Once again, you're missing my point:
which means that if CCS falters, or even if he doesn't, LHL would still be the one in charge as long as he's still alive and healthy enough, right? So it doesn't matter even if LHL announces CCS to be his "successor", just like what you've said:
No, it didn't matter then because AT THAT TIME the dictator was still alive and kicking. GCT was just a seat-warmer and was appointed to be the Prime MiniSTAR for wayang purpose only. Everyone knew then that he wasn't Old Fart's the true choice of PM.

LHL may emulate his father by making decisions and pulling the strings behind the Iron Curtain till at least 85 years old.
And when you say, "AT THAT TIME", you're referring to the 1990s, when LKY's health was actually far from good (i.e. he had at least one heart attack in the 1980s, and he was already about 70 years old anyway), but still healthy ENOUGH to be "alive and kicking", just like LHL's current health, right?

During that time, LHL has sufficient time to groom one of LKY's grandsons to be the real PM.
Until LHL's latest cancer was announced about two weeks ago, I was also thinking that Li Hongyi:
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/hongyi-li/30/832/161
might become a DPM, and then PM, sometime during the 2020s; because the trend nowadays is for younger and younger men to become heads of state/government:

1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Jong-un
(Born on 8 January 1983 and became Supreme Leader of North Korea on 17 December 2011 when he was nearly 29)

2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamim_bin_Hamad_Al_Thani
(Born on 3 June 1980 and became Emir of Qatar on 25 June 2013 when he was 33; his father even abdicated, when he was 61)

3. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irakli_Garibashvili
(Born on 28 June 1982 and became Prime Minister of Georgia on 20 November 2013 when he was 31)

4. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matteo_Renzi
(Born on 11 January 1975 and became Prime Minister of Italy on 22 February 2014 when he was 39)

5. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taavi_Rõivas
(Born on 26 September 1979 and became Prime Minister of Estonia on 26 March 2014 when he was exactly 34 years and 6 months old)

Also, the current British Chancellor of the Exchequer, George Osborne (born in 1971), became an MP in 2001 when he was only 30 and then Chancellor about 9 years later, when he was nearly 39: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Osborne#Member_of_Parliament

So, just as LHL became MP at 32 in 1984 and DPM at 38 in 1990; and LKY became PM at 36 in 1959; LHY (born in 1987) COULD/MIGHT become at least DPM in his 30s too, but MP first at the next election when he'll only be 28 or 29.

HOWEVER, if LHL dies SUDDENLY before 2020, the story could become different, to say the least...

Last edited:

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are, therefore, contradicting yourself. Because how can the "Leegacy" of the "Leegime" be "strictly preserved" if it does NOT enjoy the favour of the Western powers, as you've said?
I've not contradicted myself. I believe your perception stemmed from our having different definitions of Leegime.

What do you think I meant when I used the term "Leegime"?
HOWEVER, if LHL dies SUDDENLY before 2020, the story could become different, to say the least...[/B][/COLOR]
Please elaborate how "the story could become different". I'm all ears.

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kee Chiu fuck off to NTUC already, right?

No. he was deliberately placed there to galvanise votes...

Remember why LKY moved Devan Nair from Sec General of NTUC and made him the President then.
It was because under NTUC, Devan Nair has some 600,000 members. LKY is afraid of this numbers.

03 September 2012

The National Trades Union Congress (NTUC) proudly welcomed its 700,000th union member recently, with sights set on hitting the 1 million mark in membership by 2015.

The 700,000 membership landmark was celebrated at the U Summit 2012 event held at Downtown East this evening, drawing over 1,500 union leaders and members.

NTUC aims to reach out to as many people as possible so that more members and their families can benefit from the initiatives and services offered by the Labour Movement (LM
Above is a post taken in 2012..the target is set for 1 million members..

Last edited:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
But he can be President also. So, he has two choices. Which would be a betterer choice for him?

Or combine the two and make himself President and Ministar Mentor (PMM).

he got 3rd choice, prostate cancer is his 2nd yellow card from heaven. 3rd time is out.