• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

internet speed

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These days the Orange, Purple and even some other ISP are trying hard to lure customer to sign up for their 1G service.
Many of them are using marketing gimmicks to capture market shares.

In reality 1G D/L speed is only "practically achievable" for local traffic.
It also depends a lot whether the content hosting providers are able to support such speed/bandwidth.
In Asia if I'm not wrong, mostly Korea, Japan users are benefiting such fast D/L speed connection locally.

Once you surf out of Sillypore, you'll no longer get such D/L speed most of the time.
Hence even with such a fast D/L speed available at your door steps it still defeat the purpose for the time being.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
for sg to offer 1gbps to the home, it proves that the pap is enriching and improving sinkies' lives. only in a few cities in the u.s. google is offering 1gbps to the home, and the service is over-subscribed and on best effort. telcos, isp's and mso's are only offering 50 mbps to the home. at least my mobile can have download speeds of more than 100 mbps. but nothing cums close to 1 gbps except if it's a premium private line. this shows that pap is da bestest! :biggrin:

See the frog so poor thing in Jakarta . . . . . .

PAP dabest!

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
7DE41F37-728C-461F-A698-0AC7E86FB514_zpsasmyossm.jpg

I think u betterer jump into java sea lah, liddat how to watch xxx videos? Screen get stuck just when most climaxing moment. LOL

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I think u betterer jump into java sea lah, liddat how to watch xxx videos? Screen get stuck just when most climaxing moment. LOL

Already jumped many times speed still the same.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
for sg to offer 1gbps to the home, it proves that the pap is enriching and improving sinkies' lives. only in a few cities in the u.s. google is offering 1gbps to the home, and the service is over-subscribed and on best effort. telcos, isp's and mso's are only offering 50 mbps to the home. at least my mobile can have download speeds of more than 100 mbps. but nothing cums close to 1 gbps except if it's a premium private line. this shows that pap is da bestest! :biggrin:

When I was at a hotel in Pattaya, I ran Ookla to check on the internet speed & I was experiencing results similar to what I usually get in Spore. In Spore I have a 1GB connection.

It really surprised me because Pattaya is an ulu town in a 3rd world country while Spore is run by the PAP who like to boast about Spore's world class infrastructure.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I was at a hotel in Pattaya, I ran Ookla to check on the internet speed & I was experiencing results similar to what I usually get in Spore. In Spore I have a 1GB connection.

It really surprised me because Pattaya is an ulu town in a 3rd world country while Spore is run by the PAP who like to boast about Spore's world class infrastructure.

that's because the hotel in pattaya is built and run by none other than froggy, our sinkie tycoon using sinkie best practice. thanks to the pap, the sinkie best-in-class experience can be had anywhere in the world due the benchmark and high standards set at home. :biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Just tested at home, looks very close to the above Singapore's but when you actually use it its bloody much slower that the above