• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Writ of Seizure and Sales - PLEASE Advise.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
everything (TV, refrigerator, washing machine, sofa sets, etc) belongs to my parents.
so what can they seize?

Appreciate your kind advice.
Thank you very much.

:confused:
whatever happens ... hide your laptop don't let them take

at least you can use it to check on brotherly advices here :o:o

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are many over 50s b boys overseas....local we have Andrew Chow the DJ (DJ wiz)....
I myself still keep many moves.....
Lastly dun mention me and attention whore krafty in same sentence....tiu le lou mou

They can only take things that are movable right? & certain personal effect, they cannot seize...so, while they are not here yet..moved your prize collection of anything , temporarily rent a space at your immediate neighbour or your friends or those storage...store all those important stuffs..leave behind, old pots & pants..old cooker, old iron old....whatever...they can eize & maybe get a few hundred dollars from them..make them happy!... for the moment!! till the next round of legal whatever....

skyfall

Alfrescian
Loyal
Basically the bailiff will come and stick stickers onto those things they going to seize.
Cannot dun open door to them or they will break down your door....
If you can proof things dun belong to you then show evidence like receipts or warranty cards...
They will seize everything except your clothes or tools of your trade.
After that newspaper notice say your house got garage sale and garang guni men all go your open house and hold auction.
Everything sold and carted away. Money goes to your creditors.

Bro,
Thanks alot. Then i am safe because everything at home are bought by my parents and they do have the receipt.
The only so called things they can seize from me are probably my watch (1 only), handphone and a 3yrs old PC.
Only worry is the fear caused to my elderly parents when they come.
Bro, thanks again.

skyfall

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry late reply as i am under Moderation.
Bro Looneytan and Bro Halsey02,
thank you very much.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last Oct 2014, I received a Writ of Seizure and Sales (WSS) from one of the credit card companies.
Its already four months but nothing has happened.
I checked with IPTO but they suggested I consult a lawyer.
Anyone here can help with my doubts.

1. does this mean they have decided not to proceed with the WSS?
2. or the WSS has expired?
3. what is the time limit of the WSS?
4. if they should come, can we refuse to open the door?
5. I really have no means to repay,
and I do not own anything at home.
everything (TV, refrigerator, washing machine, sofa sets, etc) belongs to my parents.
so what can they seize?

Thank you very much.

I think it is very irresponsible to even drag your parents into this WSS, albeit to them, unknowingly.
All the more, if it is due to credit card debt.

It does not ends with I really have no means to repay.
Even after auctioning all the items siezed, the creditors can still sue you for bankruptcy for the remaining owed.

It might be a better alternative borrow or even beg from your relative or friends and pay it off, rather then making the old folks worry for you.
Be a man/woman and a good son/daughter and pay off what you owe.

skyfall

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is very irresponsible to even drag your parents into this WSS, albeit to them, unknowingly.

Even after auctioning all the items siezed, the creditors can still sue you for bankruptcy for the remaining owed.

It might be a better alternative borrow or even beg from your relative or friends and pay it off, rather then making the old folks worry for you.

Fully agreed but regret i have fallen on very hard times.
0$P$! But conditions are very hard now.
and i do not wish to go in a cycle whereby i borrow from paul to return peter.
i would rather they kill me with this one shot,
once and get it over than going in circles.
and i dont mind being a Bankrupt. Life goes on.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They can only take things that are movable right? & certain personal effect, they cannot seize...so, while they are not here yet..moved your prize collection of anything , temporarily rent a space at your immediate neighbour or your friends or those storage...store all those important stuffs..leave behind, old pots & pants..old cooker, old iron old....whatever...they can eize & maybe get a few hundred dollars from them..make them happy!... for the moment!! till the next round of legal whatever....

Yes you can.
But after pasted stickers cannot liao as its become state assets. If item goes missing youll be charged.

One more thing....after garang guni buys your stuff in bulk....lazy ones will offer to sell back to you immediately.....
Standby some money...Strike a deal then your stuff no need to move.

JohnGao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last Oct 2014, I received a Writ of Seizure and Sales (WSS) from one of the credit card companies.

so what can they seize?

Thank you very much.

The WSS record will be permanently in the system. Next time, when a search is done against your ID, this will pop up. Housing loan or whatever loan, you will have a problem. Good luck.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another piece of advice.
Your creditors likely going ahead to sue you bankrupt....
Between now and then.....do not keep or maintain any bank accounts, shares accounts etc etc as all will be forfeited.
If you have any assets liquidate ASAP before they are seized and keep the proceeds under your bed....
You will likely be questioned on those transactions later but nothing they can do to you

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Basically the bailiff will come and stick stickers onto those things they going to seize.
If you can proof things dun belong to you then show evidence like receipts or warranty cards...
After that newspaper notice say your house got garage sale and garang guni men all go your open house and hold auction.

lucky for u if apt dun belong to you...... hence can disclaim that properties therein are not yours

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

only if debt still 10k ,,, last time,,,now may hv increased

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

so what can they seize?

Thank you very much.

it is best you try to resolve this amicably then let the debt snowball.

goto http://www.ccs.org.sg/ and seek their help to talk to the firm and agreement on how to pay up.

it's a discipline, just learn to live inexpensively and stay off gambling. you can do it.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Like I have said over many times.

These young punks are exactly what LKY and his cronies have created abeit with a WORLD ASS EDUCATION these punks have received.

But don't hold your breathe, cos to the Pappies 'IT'S YOU DIE YOUR OWN BIZ' and they can replace these Sinkie with FTs! LoL

JOKERCHEW

Alfrescian
Loyal

To my best understanding, they cannot force their way into your house. Only a Court Search Warrant
entitles the authority like CNB to do that.
They have to return another day.

This is not a confirmed info.
Anyone can clarify?

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

With a fiery face like bearded Guan Kong
I chase my debtors till Kingdome come
Like Shylock I want my pound of flesh
Remember neither borrow nor lender be
Unless you ruthless Ah Long like me
Thread must be targeted @ Sam Burger
LOL owe people money don't want to pay

關於如何在Disneyland 或Sinkieland執行判決 ( judgments ) , 法庭命令 ( orders ) 及仲裁判決 ( arbitration awards ) 的基本資訊。這就是關於一方在法庭獲得勝訴後的階段。
當原訴人獲得勝訴後 , 被告人往往仍不願意付錢。 這時候 , 原訴人唯有採取法律行動去執行該等判決 , 例如 : 將債務人的資產出售用以付還欠款。當然 , 還有其他方法去執行這些判決或償金。

以下是一些直接的執行方法 :
• 向債務人作出口頭盤問 ( Oral examination )

當債權人並不知道負債人擁有什麼資產,口頭盤問是一個恰當的方法將債務人帶上法庭,並宣誓說明擁有何等資產。
• 扣押債務人財產令狀 ( Writ of Fieri Facias )

扣押債務人財產令狀 (A writ of Fi Fa) 通常在債務人擁有汽車 , 傢俬 , 辦公室設備 , 電腦或藝術品等個人資產時使用。 這會任命執達吏 (bailiff) 去沒收該等物件或動產 , 並將之出售以償還欠款。
• 第三者債務人的法律程序 ( Garnishee procedure )

第三者債務人的法律程序 (A garnishee order) 是債權人執行判決的一個步驟 , 以聯接到債務人本身與第三者之間的債權上。只要該等債務被聯接 , 第三者必須向債權人付款。
例如 : 當債務人在銀行有存款 , 第三者債務人的法律程序可令銀行直接向債權人付款還債。
• 押記令 ( Charging order )

這種方法常常在債務人擁有土地或物業時使用。當債權人獲得絕對的押記令後 , 債務人的物業會成為有利於債權人一方的衡平法押記 (equitable charge) , 下一步就是申請將該等物業出售以償還欠款。

其他較間接的執行方法旨要施加壓力迫令債務人償清債務
• 禁止令 ( Prohibition Order )

法庭頒令禁止債務人離開Sinkieland。
• 破產或清盤 ( Bankruptcy or Winding up )

以申請破產或清盤來向債務施加壓力。 這往往是個有效的手法令債務人履行債務。
• 停止令 , 限制令 , 強制令及其他 . ( Stop notices and Restraining Order, Injunctions and Others )

停止令 (stop notice) 及限制令 (restraining order) 讓債權人預先警告 , 並防止債務人將用以還款的資產轉讓 , 或從事證券交易。

有些情況下 , 債權人可申請強制令 (injunction) , 防止債務人將資產調離Sinkieland, 或以其他方法處理資產 , 以逃避債務。

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To my best understanding, they cannot force their way into your house. Only a Court Search Warrant

Anyone can clarify?

Only on the first appointment. And only if no one at home.
On the 2nd appointment if no open door or no one at home then locksmith on standby

---------

Enforcement - writ of seizure and sale
A writ of seizure and sale is used to seize assets belonging to the debtor for later sale.

A court official (a bailiff or sheriff, for the Subordinate Courts and High Court respectively), together with the creditor or his representative will go to premises occupied by the debtor. If the premises are locked, then another appointment will have to be made. At the second appointment, the creditor can bring along a locksmith to open any locked premises.

On the premises, the creditor will point out assets which he thinks belong to the debtor. The court official will then affix official stickers to show that the assets are under control of the court, and must not be sold or otherwise disposed off.

At a later date, an auction will be held. (Note, that auction fees must be paid first by the creditor). From any auction proceeds, after deduction of expenses of the auctioneer and court official, and any legal costs, the balance is used to pay the judgment creditor. Any surplus will then belong to the debtor.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Bro,

Not going to ask how you chalked up those debts, just want to advise you to start by spending within your means.
Follow this strictly: Income - Savings = Expenditure

Hope this helps. In the meantime, keep your spirits up.

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal

Anyone can clarify?

Wrong.
WSS entitles entry into premise to seize items.
The bailiff will bring a locksmith to get in. Your padlocks will be broken if nobody's home.
They will put stickers on furniture and appliances deemed valuable and will notify you of auction date which is about 1 month from putting stickers.

Best to settle now. They are not expecting you to pay everything in one lump sum.
Contact the law firm representing the bank or get from them the bank officer's name and contact who is handling your case.
They will ask for 2k or even less upfront with agreement for a few hundred monthly repayment to stop proceeding.
You can also still settle after the sticker phase but it will be more than 2k as they will now charge to you the Execution fee (bailiff, court and locksmith fees). You have to settle max 2 days before auction date.

If your parents own the items, after the sticker phase, go to Crimson Logic to apply for a court date to prove that the listed items belong to your parents. The auction date will be postponed and your parents will have to go for an appointment to prove they are rightful owners.

My advice is to settle now and not let it go that far.
Think of your parents. Its not so much their embarassment with neighbours but their constant worry about you and your current situation.
It will take a toll on their health and wellbeing which cannot be made up for when you do succeed later in life.

Do not despair, its a temporary setback.