• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Price of warranty for Samsung 500GB SSD?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am eagerly awaiting the Intel Z170 'Skylake' chipset to be released later this year before upgrading. It'll also be around the time when Windows 10 is released.

http://wccftech.com/intel-skylake-socket-lga-1151-z170-chipset/
http://hexus.net/tech/news/mainboard/80342-intels-skylake-100-series-chipset-revealed/

If you don't want bleeding edge enthusiast hardware, the H170 chipset is also a good choice, offering good features at a more affordable price.

upgrading from windows 95 and your single core cpu?

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
STOP GETTING SAMSENG CRAPS!

BUY THIS IF YOU ARE LOADED..

StorageReview-OCZ-Vector-150-SSD.jpg

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am eagerly awaiting the Intel Z170 'Skylake' chipset to be released later this year before upgrading.....
I'm sorry to have to be the harbinger of bad news.

I waited for a little bird from the West to confirm the following before I post my comment here. However it seems that it's been busy somewhere. I guess I'll just go ahead with posting comments containing unconfirmed reports.

Here's what I read and understood from articles posted on the internet (NOT from the little bird from the West):

Intel has just released the Broadwell CPU (a/k/a 5th Generation) to the market. It's yet to be adopted by the mass market. Broadwell represents Intel's "tick" phase and the CPU had been slated for release LAST YEAR but its official release was pushed back to the first half of this year.

Skylate represents Intel's "tock" phase. If Intel's official release dates are a good indication, the mass market will only see it on laptops/notebooks and desktop machines in the first half of NEXT YEAR. And it makes sense because the official specs for USB 3.1 and SATA Express were only approved about 10 to 18 months ago and chipset manufacturers like Micron, Samsung, Toshiba AND Intel have to vigorously test their USB 3.1 and SATA Express chipsets before sending them to OEM manufacturers for further tests.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Intel has just released the Broadwell CPU (a/k/a 5th Generation) to the market. It's yet to be adopted by the mass market. Broadwell represents Intel's "tick" phase and the CPU had been slated for release LAST YEAR but its official release was pushed back to the first half of this year.

What difference does this make to anyone's life? :rolleyes:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Since you're the one who asked this question, I suppose it doesn't make a difference in your life. So, live happily, the world isn't going to end for you :smile:

I have a number of computers. The newest one runs at thrice the speed of the oldest. However, for daily chores such as running my forums, sending and receiving email, skype, reading articles on line etc, it doesn't make a scrap of difference which computer I use. They all do the job admirably.

The only time I would need the speed is when I'm working on large images or video files in which case I'd use my newest computer.

Those who don't need the newest and fastest shouldn't waste their money. A 6 year old computer can do the job.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
imo. just pray that your items don't get spoiled. it's not only the price, the warranty is so troublesome for some brands. I remember rma an Intel motherboard many years ago, must call them up, went through several processes, packed the item nicely, waited for the courier to collect it and waited for the refurbished item for several weeks. I can't remember this motherboard's brand, I went to their office to rma it, the technician repaired it on the spot for me, it took just 15 minutes, that was good.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
imo. just pray that your items don't get spoiled. it's not only the price, the warranty is so troublesome for some brands. I remember rma an Intel motherboard many years ago, must call them up, went through several processes, packed the item nicely, waited for the courier to collect it and waited for the refurbished item for several weeks. I can't remember this motherboard's brand, I went to their office to rma it, the technician repaired it on the spot for me, it took just 15 minutes, that was good.

I've had video cards & power supply go bad on me that were still under warranty. The agent offered a replacement at a "special" price. It was either that or wait weeks or months for a replacement:( That is why I prefer to pay more for a better product to avoid repair hassles.

In the US Samsungs warranty is handled by some 3rd party company & from what I've read they are not so good. Crucial seems to be a better company. It is a US company which is I think part of Micron.

Maybe I will just try getting a 256GB SSD drive instead. If there are any problems it will be less painful if I have to throw it away.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have a number of computers. The newest one runs at thrice the speed of the oldest. However, for daily chores such as running my forums, sending and receiving email, skype, reading articles on line etc, it doesn't make a scrap of difference which computer I use. They all do the job admirably.

The only time I would need the speed is when I'm working on large images or video files in which case I'd use my newest computer.

Those who don't need the newest and fastest shouldn't waste their money. A 6 year old computer can do the job.

Wah thanks for this new insight sherlock. It's the same with everything nowadays ain't it? New phones that can store lots of data or d/l at super fast speeds when most ppl just causally surf the net or check emails same with cars etc. How do you know ppl here don't need the new speed? You're becoming laksaboy again. I can do this or that my way and it works perfectly therefore it applies to everyone else.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
In the past when I am using Windows when my HDD is like 3/4 full the entire system is slowed down. After I switched to Apple's Mac Pro which is using HDD too I can hardly feel slower speed until its almost full I can feel it. But the SSD in my Air I use till full a few times still zipping around very well. You guys have similar experience?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Wah thanks for this new insight sherlock. It's the same with everything nowadays ain't it? New phones that can store lots of data or d/l at super fast speeds when most ppl just causally surf the net or check emails same with cars etc. How do you know ppl here don't need the new speed? You're becoming laksaboy again. I can do this or that my way and it works perfectly therefore it applies to everyone else.

Proves that most people are idiots. :rolleyes: