• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Yoga leads to Satan, says Northern Ireland priest

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
A Catholic priest in Northern Ireland warned that those who enjoy yoga and Indian head massages are taking risks with their "spiritual health" – opening themselves up to "Satan and The Fallen Angels".

It’s been used by Hindus to find spiritual peace for more than one-and-a-half millennia. But Father Roland Colhoun, from Glendermott parish in Derry, fears it could lead Christians to "The Kingdom of Darkness".

In an interview with the Derry Journal, he said that, while people may decide to take up yoga with good intentions, they could set themselves on a path towards "the bad spiritual domain" and even "Satan and The Fallen Angels".

He told the Journal: "Pope Francis said 'do not seek spiritual answers in yoga classes'. Yoga is certainly a risk. There's the spiritual health risk.

"When you take up those practices from other cultures, which are outside our Christian domain, you don’t know what you are opening yourself up to.

"The bad spirit can be communicated in a variety of ways. I’m not saying everyone gets it, or that it happens every time, and people may well be doing yoga harmlessly. But there‘s always a risk and that’s why the Pope mentioned it and that’s why we talk about that in terms of the danger of the new age movement and the danger of the occult today. That’s the fear."

Father Colhoun is not alone, within the Catholic Church, in his suspicions of Yoga as a potential source for evil. In 2011, the Vatican’s own chief exorcist, Gabriele Amorth, told The Telegraph that it leads to a belief in Hinduism, and that "all eastern religions are based on false belief in reincarnation".

"Practicing yoga is Satanic, it leads to evil just like reading Harry Potter", he added.

And the late former Pope Benedict XVI, when he was Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, warned Christians that yoga, Zen, and other forms of transcendental meditation could "degenerate into a cult of the body" that devalues prayer.

But despite these warnings, a yoga teacher from Derry defended the practice and described herself as "a good Catholic".

Speaking to the Derry Journal, she says yoga students can "learn good posture and breathing to help them with tension in their bodies and to help calm a busy mind.

"In all the time I have been teaching, not one person has ever expressed an interest going deeper into the spiritual elements of yoga," she added.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...an-says-northern-ireland-priest-10061463.html

and bonking will lead on to communicate with God?

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It never fails to amaze me that in today's world, there are people still listen to these lunatics.

These priest, religious scholars or whatever they are called, are nothing more than snakeoil salesman who believes in fairy tales. They should all be ridiculed.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yoga has been teaching kids bad stuff. I have proof.

e0b9d20d061ca52666f09d3831af8956.jpg

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A number of Protestant Christians I know also feel that Yoga us unchristian and tell their fellow followers to abstain from practising it. Although to be diplomatic, they did not explicitly label it as being Satanic, but I guess deep inside them, they have the same idea.

Hallelujah, Praise the Lord.

Last edited:

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dun see any value in standing in one position for a long period of time. One jogging session gives you much better result with true health benefits.

If LKY only did Yoga I dun think he could lived beyond 60 years of age.

Yoga are for lazy people.

Last edited:

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I dun see any value in standing in one position for a long period of time. One jogging session gives you much better result with true health benefits.

If LKY only did Yoga I dun think he could lived beyond 60 years of age.

Yoga are for lazy people.

OMG. Do you even know how yoga works??? It has great benefits for core muscle groups

currypuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another distortion by christians. One day, any culture that is not christian in origin will be destroyed by them.:rolleyes:

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Another distortion by christians. One day, any culture that is not christian in origin will be destroyed by them.:rolleyes:

Maybe the whole religion is built on a lie and they are doing everything to keep it together.... just conjecture.