• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

BMW 2 series, Austerity model, share same engine with a Mini

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.straitstimes.com/lifesty...-review-new-bmw-streets-ahead-rivals-20141115

I like this car. Despite the AUD$ falling, BMW is not raising prices in a slow market. No luxury tax.

Recommended Drive Away Price

Postcode: 6000

Manufacturer's Recommended List Price (1)218i

$44,400.00
218d

$47,800.00
225i

$54,900.00
Recommended Dealer Delivery (2)$2,500.00$2,500.00$2,500.00
Luxury Car Tax (LCT)---
WA Registration Costs$606.12$615.86$619.75
WA Stamp Duty$2,513.00$2,949.25$3,568.50
Recommended Drive Away Price$50,019.12$53,865.11$61,588.25

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks ugly.

It is a front wheel drive compact on the outside. But look spacious inside.

BMW-2-Series-Active-Tourer.jpg

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
BMW NEWs...

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/...ain&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=Paid Outbrain
[h=1]BMW's global brain drain continues[/h] Date December 23, 2014
[h=3]Greg Kable[/h]

Hyundai snares top BMW M division engineer to head development of new high performance models.

Article%20Lead%20-%20wide6442708912cw8kimage.related.articleLeadwide.729x410.12cw9d.png1419306036261.jpg-620x349.jpg
Big vision: Hyundai and Kia are planning an onslaught of new performance models from 2016.

BMW has lost a second senior executive this month, after Hyundai appointed Albert Biermann to head up the test and development operations for a new line of high performance Hyundai and Kia models planned for introduction from 2016.
Barely a week after Herbert Diess departed BMW for a chairman role at Volkswagen, Biermann's move was announced on Tuesday and will take effect from April 1, 2015.
The former vice president of engineering at BMW's M performance car division, Biermann will be based at the Hyundai's R&D centre in Namyang, Korea, where he will oversee a range of engineering projects relating to ride and handling, safety, reliability and NVH (noise, vibration, harshness).
In his new role at Hyundai, the 57-year-old German is planned to spearhead the development of a new line of high performance, as well as provide input to help improve the dynamic capabilities of cars across the Hyundai and Kia line-ups.
Advertisement
Biermann's appointment is described as a crucial step in Hyundai's plans to become a technical leader in ride and handling, producing vehicles that the Korean car maker says will "lead their respective segments for driver engagement".
Commenting on his appointment, Biermann said: "I couldn't be more excited to join Hyundai Motor Group. It is a company I have watched closely as it has taken on its key competitors and quickly established a strong customer base. 2015 is a key year for the brand with the launch of many all-new models."
At BMW since 1983, Biermann's more recent achievements include heading the development of the latest generation M3, M4, M5 and M6 along with a limited line-up of M Performance models.
Stepping into the position vacated by Biermann at BMW M is Dirk Haecker. The former suspension engineer and chassis set-up expert currently heads up the German car maker's driver training operations.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone who buys a BMW is an idiot.

What to do :rolleyes:
Less expensive to maintain than Mazda.
BTW, it will be a fleet car, to replace the Mazda. I have to pay the balance out of my pocket.

Last edited: