• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why can't police take action against cab fare evaders?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
AS A taxi driver, I am frustrated by frequent fare evasions. Despite warning notices displayed, the number of people evading fares continues to increase ("More leaving cabs without paying up"; last Wednesday).
We work hard and honestly to deliver a service to every passenger. It is grossly unfair when we are denied our fare upon the completion of this service. It is even more disappointing that when we take the passenger to the police, we are told to file a claim with our company and wait for action by the Land Transport Authority.
I am puzzled as to why the police are unable to take further action against such passengers. When someone assaults taxi drivers or shoplifts, the police can make an arrest and charge this person in court.
However, the police are unable to do so in a fare evasion case because the law comes under the Public Transport Council.
To send a strong message of deterrence, I strongly urge the authorities to review the existing procedures and allow the police to take some form of immediate action when taxi drivers report a case of fare evasion.
I hope the law can protect cabbies from both assault and fare evasion.
Henry Tay Choon Chua

http://www.straitstimes.com/st/print/3434791

tun_dr_m

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't expect Police system to work ANYWHERE on earth. Especially SGP where mata ran for their lives after got beaten up and their mata cars mass-burnt. Remember mata will murder their informants such as Hill Side Drive SSG Iskandar bin Rahmat, who will kill your dad and kill you and drag your corpse using your own car to dump in front of MRT station to make by standers balls dropped.

:biggrin:

True or false?