• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Rita Chao A-Go-Go Queen in the 60's & 70's has passed away

Dinkum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Am curious if there are any old-timers here who remember Rita Chao:

A-Go-Go Queen Rita Chao dies of colon cancer:

Published on Feb 3, 2015 9:01 AM

Straits Times

rita.jpg

Rita Chao (right) and Sakura Teng were a popular duo in the 1960s.

SINGAPORE - Rita Chao, A-Go-Go Queen and part of a duo with singer Sakura Teng, died in July 2014 of colon cancer, her mother revealed on Feb 2. She was 64.

A popular singer in the 1960s and 1970s, she also sang with bands like The Quests.

She sang in both English and Chinese, and did many covers of English songs in Chinese. She also sang in Japanese.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From members of Black Dog Bone : Rest in peace !

You are member of Black Done Bone??? kidding me?.....used to watch the afternoon concert at National Theatre, when BDB, & many of the bands of the day was unknown & was given a chance to perform at the afternoon concert...I think it was $2, that was where many of them 'cut their teeth'..for the audience was sometimes 5 - 10 or even 2....depending on how good, they are..I manage to but a BDB LP from Malaysia in Malay....just for the memory of them..

You bluffing...:p

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are member of Black Done Bone??? kidding me?.....used to watch the afternoon concert at National Theatre, when BDB, & many of the bands of the day was unknown & was given a chance to perform at the afternoon concert...I think it was $2, that was where many of them 'cut their teeth'..for the audience was sometimes 5 - 10 or even 2....depending on how good, they are..I manage to but a BDB LP from Malaysia in Malay....just for the memory of them..

You bluffing...:p

Ask Tony and Terry !

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Back in the days when there was a music industry in Singapore.

Rita Chao (Singapore) - Butterfly
[video=youtube;QAHlnQyQ-pQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAHlnQyQ-pQ[/video]

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i also remember the Tid-bits

[video=youtube;FE4DGwWAi_E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE4DGwWAi_E[/video]

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
CHA CHA CHA!

[video=youtube;u6XMAIOvJgQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6XMAIOvJgQ&index=2&list=RDHCtoPXw2I6TVs[/video]

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another cancer victim at 64 years old :eek:

With the changes to the CPF many Sporeans are not going to live to collect their CPF :(