• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore now the Most Expensive City in the World!! WTF!!

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The majority of Singaporeans have no problems living the good life. There are a minority of losers who are having trouble making ends meet but that isn't the fault of the PAP. It's their own fault.

Your car is old and it's time to change. New Zealand gov decides to go Singapore way and introduces COE with a base price of $100k. You need the car in your work and find difficulties in making ends meet ...who's fault? The car manufacturer or the inventor's?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Your car is old and it's time to change. New Zealand gov decides to go Singapore way and introduces COE with a base price of $100k. You need the car in your work and find difficulties in making ends meet ...who's fault? The car manufacturer or the inventor's?

I deal with these sorts of issues by making sure I can afford whatever any government throws at me.

We don't have control over what the rest of the world does. However, we do have control over our own actions and that is where we should concentrate our efforts.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Let's hear it from Lee Hsien Loong. :biggrin:

redwire-pmlee-fb-education.jpg

oh my god, that sinkie PM of yours is more of a fucktard than i thought..

Sinkie vote for such shit to be a PM???? luckily i stay away from sinkies..

He opened his mouth and talk about job , jobs, jobs,... and never talk about the source of the increase cost of living which is the manipulated land and rental prices...

I rest my case..sinkies, this fucktard PM of yours is telling you to go and suck your thumb and enjoy getting screw in the ass using a cactus.

Ambulance

Alfrescian
Loyal
halo ang moh ah neh ah tiong pinoy long zong huat leow singapo lang huan zway lup sup gwee lumber satu

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I deal with these sorts of issues by making sure I can afford whatever any government throws at me.

We don't have control over what the rest of the world does. However, we do have control over our own actions and that is where we should concentrate our efforts.

so basically ur saying is if life treats u good so be it,u do not care about the rest of the world or society's wellbeing.what if one day ur fate were to be reversed simply by mere randomness or fate or chaos theory?a major recession crisis wipes out ur business,u had to sell ur property to fund ur bankruptcy,u get cancer and the government drains the rest of ur medicaid or obamacare to pay for ur medical fees and leaves u homeless on the street in desperate need of a handout?

when u become one of those nameless statistics,suffering in perpetual state of misery because like in ur mind they are "losers" and "unfit" unable to survive in the jungle world.victims of mere fate and circumstances,would u say then u have no control over what happens and what the world does?after all what happens is uncontrollable,it is not my business to deal with you or help you

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
so basically ur saying is if life treats u good so be it,u do not care about the rest of the world or society's wellbeing.what if one day ur fate were to be reversed simply by mere randomness or fate or chaos theory?a major recession crisis wipes out ur business,u had to sell ur property to fund ur bankruptcy,u get cancer and the government drains the rest of ur medicaid or obamacare to pay for ur medical fees and leaves u homeless on the street in desperate need of a handout?

when u become one of those nameless statistics,suffering in perpetual state of misery because like in ur mind they are "losers" and "unfit" unable to survive in the jungle world.victims of mere fate and circumstances,would u say then u have no control over what happens and what the world does?after all what happens is uncontrollable,it is not my business to deal with you or help you

Yes that, in a nutshell, is what I am saying.

Nobody is in total control of their destiny. The most powerful man on earth can succumb to an act of nature or fall victim of an accident or crime.

All we can do is try to improve the odds of survival and we do that by accumulating whatever resources we can muster.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes that, in a nutshell, is what I am saying.

Nobody is in total control of their destiny. The most powerful man on earth can succumb to an act of nature or fall victim of an accident or crime.

All we can do is try to improve the odds of survival and we do that by accumulating whatever resources we can muster.

u stupid,u do not understand.do u know what real destiny or fate is?if u destinied by the random luck generator of the world to "lose" u are destined to lose!!!!

theres no collecting of resources or improving odds for you because that is your destiny!!!!!!

if ur fate is to be a hobo on the streets of melbourne or live in a chicken coop in kowloon city,that is ur fate.

if is up to the strong or government or society whether or not they choose to lend you a help hand and show you compassion!!!otherwise u can go sleep on cardboard in the underpass at marina square!!!

what is the purpose of humanity if we do not help one another?if we leave it to fate and luck?
why not just take a gun out and shoot whoever and take whatever u like?that way it will be survival of the fittest

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
u stupid,u do not understand.do u know what real destiny or fate is?if u destinied by the random luck generator of the world to "lose" u are destined to lose!!!!

theres no collecting of resources or improving odds for you because that is your destiny!!!!!!

I don't believe in the concepts of destiny and fate. We are a product of the decisions we make as we journey through life.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
But is our salaries the highest??

Yes! only our Ministers are the HIGHEST PAID IN THE WORLD!!!

But NOT the workers we are being paid slightly higher compered to Bangla salary!!

Singapore ministers are NOT the highest paid in the world. Period.

There are many officials in Third World countries around the world who are on paper, much lower paid than PAP ministers, but they collect hundreds of millions in bribes over the lifespan of their political careers. Our PAP ministers are barely paid $2.5M per year, and they do not impoverish the nation by siphoning off billions of dollars or selling of government contracts and positions to their close relatives.

If you claim otherwise, please show evidence and notify CPIB or spread it through social media.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't believe in the concepts of destiny and fate. We are a product of the decisions we make as we journey through life.

what about those 3.5 billion people born into abject povert?living on less than $2 a day?do u think they are there because of decision and choice?what about those born in north korea?likewise the people on our streets selling tissue paper or begging,both circumstances and society played a part in why they ended up there.do u think there will be no poverty in singapore when we believe in paying people less than $900 a month simply either because we think they are old or what they do is worthless?everything in life is a factor of luck and randomness.who we are and what we do is already predetermined by a certain degree by luck and randomness.

do u think LHL became the prime minister of singapore because of the decisions and choices he made?likewise if ur father wasnt rich u think u would have afforded to buy 2 landed properties and migrate to australia and new zealand?u might still do okay but u sure as hell wouldnt be able to do the things u did.

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
what about those 3.5 billion people born into abject povert?living on less than $2 a day?do u think they are there because of decision and choice?what about those born in north korea?likewise the people on our streets selling tissue paper or begging,both circumstances and society played a part in why they ended up there.do u think there will be no poverty in singapore when we believe in paying people less than $900 a month simply either because we think they are old or what they do is worthless?everything in life is a factor of luck and randomness.who we are and what we do is already predetermined by a certain degree by luck and randomness.

There are people who were born into wealth and privilege who have made an absolute mess of their lives and there are those born into poverty who ended up extremely wealthy.

There are opportunities to grab no matter where you are in the world North Korea included.

Everyone starts off being dealt a different hand but those who are determined will use whatever they can to their advantage to get ahead.

I have not excluded random events from determining an outcome either. What I am saying is that nobody is fated to be poor forever and nobody has been destined for greatness at birth.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are people who were born into wealth and privilege who have made an absolute mess of their lives and there are those born into poverty who ended up extremely wealthy.

There are opportunities to grab no matter where you are in the world North Korea included.

Everyone starts off being dealt a different hand but those who are determined will use whatever they can to their advantage to get ahead.

I have not excluded random events from determining an outcome either. What I am saying is that nobody is fated to be poor forever and nobody has been destined for greatness at birth.

between australia and new zealand only has a two percentage population of millionaires,just 2 percent,but which country do u think is a better country to live in singapore or australia?frankly even if im rich a millionaire i would choose australia hands down.even though u must be insane to go to new zealand as a millionaire when the taxes are close to 45 percent.

in australia no one is fated to be poor no one is fated to be rich.but everyone can bring out their talents and creativity to make the country a vibrant and beautiful place to live in because they are not busy fighting for survival in a society is

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
u must be insane to go to new zealand as a millionaire when the taxes are close to 45 percent.

That's news to me. I have never paid anywhere near 45%.

The top tax bracket for salaried workers is 33% and that is only for earnings above $70,000.

As a business owner with zero salary, I'm paying a flat 28% on my profits but because I can claim much of my expenses as company overheads, my effective tax rate is typically less than 10%.

There have been many years when I have not had to pay any taxes at all because the company made no profit.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's news to me. I have never paid anywhere near 45%.

The top tax bracket for salaried workers is 33% and that is only for earnings above $70,000.

As a business owner with zero salary, I'm paying a flat 28% on my profits but because I can claim much of my expenses as company overheads, my effective tax rate is typically less than 10%.

There have been many years when I have not had to pay any taxes at all because the company made no profit.

$70,000 is very low for 33 percent tax rate,in sg someone earning 70k would be taxed nothing at all.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
$70,000 is very low for 33 percent tax rate,in sg someone earning 70k would be taxed nothing at all.

Yes but SG does not have all the legal loopholes that are available to me in NZ to reduce my tax liabilities.

The 33% tax rate also provides for a lifelong pension after 65 and free medical care for life too. If you need a heart transplant in NZ, you pay nothing at all. It's all funded from the tax take.