• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is This TRUE? NEW Singapore Coins Can Be Picked Up By MAGNETS.......

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes it is true.

All new series coins can be lufted by magnets.

Cheaper to make. First time in Singapore history.

So far only country i know using TIN .

Cheap. Something funny.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes it is true.

All new series coins can be lufted by magnets.

Cheaper to make. First time in Singapore history.

So far only country i know using TIN .

Cheap. Something funny.

Sinkies and sinkieland are getting more and more worthless day by day...I am happy with my Thai baht coins.. hahahha

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies and sinkieland are getting more and more worthless day by day...I am happy with my Thai baht coins.. hahahha

Any hard currency experts here?

What are the implications?

I know of no country in the developed 1st World whose coin currency can be lifted by magnets.

Any expert views....?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if coins have ferrous (iron) content, they may be picked up by rare-earth magnets, not your common refrigerator magnets. the most common rare-earth magnet is made of neodymium. coins made of tin, copper, zinc and other alloys are not magnetic. there may be nickel coins with ferrous content. these can be picked up by neodymium magnets.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
We are talking about common magnets. And yes, the coins can be picked up by common magnets

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
there may be nickel coins with ferrous content. these can be picked up by neodymium magnets.

Goodness gracious! What shit is this? Can we be slightly more enlightened?

Iron, steel (iron + carbon), nickel and cobalt can be picked up easily by magnets.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Iron, steel (iron + carbon), nickel and cobalt can be picked up easily by magnets.

Impurities probably.but unlikely for all of the coins to have impurities to be able to be picked up by magnets.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any hard currency experts here?

What are the implications?

I know of no country in the developed 1st World whose coin currency can be lifted by magnets.

Any expert views....?

If sinkies are standing near any powerful electromagnets like the particle accelerator collider at CERN,the Singaporean currency may be turned into fast moving projectiles rail gun projectiles ripping thru clothes and flesh.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i tested and wasn't able to pick up a u.s. quarter (25c), a dime (10c) or nickel (5c) with a refrigerator magnet. and that's less than an inch between magnet and coins. coins did not budge. u.s. coins do not have ferrous content inside. sg coins should have it.

image.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

iron and steel (ferrous), yes. not nickel and cobalt alloys (in the absence of iron or steel) although these metals are ferromagnetic. and you call yourself a (science) teacher? :confused:

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
iron and steel (ferrous), yes. not nickel and cobalt alloys (in the absence of iron or steel) although these metals are ferromagnetic. and you call yourself a (science) teacher? :confused:

Screw yourself stupid, your nickel is only 25% nickel by composition and 75% copper, your dime is only 9% nickel at max! Count yourself lucky if your magnet can pick those up.

Pure nickel and cobalt are ferromagnetic elements, twit :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Screw yourself stupid, your nickel is only 25% nickel by composition and 75% copper, your dime is only 9% nickel at max! Count yourself lucky if your magnet can pick those up.

Pure nickel and cobalt are ferromagnetic elements, twit :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

actually, i tricked you into showing your ignorance. i lied about the dime and quarter not moving under a magnet. they moved when stroke gently with a magnet on several tries. the nickel did not budge however. for you, too much sinkie theory and zero lab tests, i suppose. the nickel which is 25% nickel and mostly copper do not react to common magnets, but it does to very strong rare-earth magnets. in fact, both aluminum and copper which are non-ferromagnetic metals react to neodymium magnets. the dime and quarter which have lower compositions of nickel (8%) compared to the nickel react to and are actually attracted to a magnet while the higher nickel composition 25% nickel doesn't. it's an experiment for you to find out. :rolleyes:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
the nickel which is 25% nickel and mostly copper do not react to common magnets, but it does to very strong rare-earth magnets.

We Sinkies talking about common magnets here, you don't come here atas atas with rare-earth magnet. You expect me to waste a few hard-disk for neodymium magnets to play? :mad::mad::mad: