• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sporean PMET's job application rejected by TTS Hospital for being "overqualified"

sgnewsalte

Alfrescian
Loyal
To all Sporean male, this is what you get doing National Service for your country. The PAP Govt has been lecturing Sporeans to have realistic expectation in their job search during this current recession. Yet this poor chap who applied for a job as a temp admin asst at Tan Tock Seng Hospital was turn away becos he was considered "overqualified" for the job. Then WTF do you expect retrenched PMETS to do? First we have the PAP govt inviting jobless foreign professionals from the United States to come and compete for jobs with them. And when our PMETs decide to lower their expectations and look for a lower position job, they are rejected because they are "overqualified". Our local PMETs are really fucked by the PAP govt. :mad:

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/singaporeseen/viewContent.jsp?id=60435

Retrenched sales executive told: You're overqualified for job

A sales executive was told that he was overqualified for a temporary job position, after he was retrenched just before Chinese New Year from a local firm.

In his email to STOMP, the STOMPer wrote:

“I fell under the PMET category and was retrenched just before Chinese New Year.

“I worked as a Sales Executive in a local managed firm and was informed of my retrenchment on 5.25pm, five minutes before knock off.

“I was shocked by the whole experience, there wasn't any notice given beforehand. At the end my retrenchment, I was also told to sign a Termination Letter.

“I viewed my retrenchment as an insult and humiliation, despite creating new cliental accounts and closing sales.

“I realised that many top management staff (especially Singaporeans) lack a sense of sympathy and the way they handle the retrenchment is horrible.

He recounted how he had gone for a job interview as a temporary administrative assistant in Tan Tock Seng Hospital to replace someone on maternity leave but was told that he was overqualified for the job.

“In times like these, it is sad to see some recruiters or companies wasting job seekers’ time.

“I hope recruiters will job match properly and have a clear communication with their clients.

“They should also put themselves into job seekers' shoes and understand the pain that we are going through right now. Job seekers like me are even willing to travel from west to north just to secure a job right now.

“I sincerely hope that all recruiters and companies will be genuine to job seekers. We are all out to earn a living and to put food on the table for our family. The world is evolving tremendously and retrenchment can happen to anyone around us right now.”

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
There may not even be a job opening in the first place.

Years ago, I was enlightened by "Head-Hunters" whom I have drinks with.

In bad economic times, there were more job seekers than jobs.

So these "Recruitment" firms will take opportunities to "UPDATE" their list of job seekers.

How do they do it?

By placing job ads all over the media when there are NO JOBS to begin with.

I do believe this is also done by "OTHERS" to check on the market situation.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Be realistic...Singaporeans, the news you read does not reflect the true picture out there.

Be realistic...Singaporeans, to get openings for jobs, you must have connection..join the RC's, Now!, invest in the future!...you will provided for!:rolleyes:

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will you employ a Professor to become security guard at Jurong Island ?

You dumb cock !!:mad:

Yes I would. In USA, Europe, Australia, many professors / doctors do moonlight as security guards. There is nothing wrong with doing a "LESS ELITE" job.

As you are very vocal in your objections to all my postings, I take that as a compliment that i am doing a good job. Thanks. Do not forget to wear a lightning on your shirt ok!

BTW, JOB FAIRS are also a source for gathering information.

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Use abit of your tiny brain cells.

How long will the Professor hold on to the job ??

You dumb cockhead !!:mad:

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will you employ a Professor to become security guard at Jurong Island ?

Not everyone care about status lah........ I met one of my course commanders while buying groceries in a supermarket in Seattle...... he was a packer for the checkout counter cashier....... and this guy retired from the USMC as a Lt Colonel with a comfortable pension........ he "works" at the supermarket coz he's just too bored shaking legs at home.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not everyone care about status lah........ I met one of my course commanders while buying groceries in a supermarket in Seattle...... he was a packer for the checkout counter cashier....... and this guy retired from the USMC as a Lt Colonel with a comfortable pension........ he "works" at the supermarket coz he's just too bored shaking legs at home.

S'pore is the only place I know that "STATUS" is all supremo. Not even in HK is it like this here.

That is why this country is going downhill and fast.

They think bringing in all these FTs to do lousy work "that S'poreans dont want" will solve the problems.

YOU think these FTs do not know they are EXPLOITED?

You wait and see.

These will be the very people that will take to the streets in numbers. Mark my words this will happen.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
So these "Recruitment" firms will take opportunities to "UPDATE" their list of job seekers.

How do they do it?

By placing job ads all over the media when there are NO JOBS to begin with.

I do believe this is also done by "OTHERS" to check on the market situation

You are right there.

Recruitment firms use it to get clients.

But when the company itself do so:

It can be a means of advertising your company.

It can be a public relations strategy to give the impression of growth when there is none.

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
You stupid idiot !!

I am not talking about status in this instance.

I am saying the propensity of the Professor to quit his security job viz-aviz suitabilty. Do you know that you need time and money to rehire.

I once hired a graduate to become my foodcourt supervisor. He quitted in less than 3 weeks to join MOE. The amount of time spent teaching him and rehiring cost all goes to waste !!

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
You stupid idiot !!

I am not talking about status in this instance.

I am saying the propensity of the Professor to quit his security job viz-aviz suitabilty. Do you know that you need time and money to rehire.

I once hired a graduate to become my foodcourt supervisor. He quitted in less than 3 weeks to join MOE. The amount of time spent teaching him and rehiring cost all goes to waste !!

I rest my case with you.

The graduate saw through your incapabilities immediately. Judging from your comments in this forum, its not too difficult to spot your short-cummings.

I will not reply to you anymore cos I also a bit "lau-lun" and you are not worthy of wasting my precious time on..:oIo:

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
You idiotic fool.

You can't see my point because you have never been your own boss before !!

Fxxk Off !!:oIo:

jw5

Loyal
That's why we should vote out pap mps until they realize that Singaporeans come first.

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
This national problem has to be put in proper context and cannot be taken lightly !!

That is why you do not need EINSTEIN"S BRAIN to deduce the reason as to why so many qualified and educated foreigners are "encouraged" to study, work and settle here as citizens and PRs.

The paramount reason is the extremely low birth rate and the increase in the number of aged Singaporeans.

The problems are exerbated by the increase in the rising number of singles and wretched divorcees here.