• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

British youth left school at 16, but is now worth $17.5 million on stock market

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
British youth left school at 16, but is now worth $17.5 million on stock market
Posted on 02 January 2015 | 3306 views | 0 comments

Source: The Tab

What are you getting your parents for Christmas?

How about a CD for your mum and a tie for your dad? That’s rubbish, because teenage stock broker Sam Cook is getting his parents Rolex Watches worth £20,000.

Slicker Sam, 18, left school at 16 to make a fortune on the stock market. He started out with a £2000 loan from his dad in January and is now worth £17.5 million.

The baby-faced baller from Plymouth drives a Ferrari to his work playing the stock market but he’s still coming to terms with his unbelievable success.

Sam said: “I can’t quite believe it. It hasn’t sunk in yet, not really. “I don’t live an extraordinary life. It all started when I was 16 when I was walking around the supermarket with my dad.

“He explained how prices change on Kenco coffee depending on weather, harvest and how competitors like Nescafe are doing.

“Now what I do is buy and sell across the market on stocks going up and down.

“Not anyone can do what I do, it’s complex and hard. It took a month and a half of setting up.”

Wealthy Sam receives job offers from bigger companies eager to snap him up. But he’s going solo where he doesn’t have to deal with arsey Cityboys.

He said: “I want to stay on my own. I’ve had to deal with a bit of arrogance from financial veterans of 20 years at business meetings.

“They can be rude because I’m way younger than they are but my success speaks for itself: they’re not coming close to my kind of money.”

Sam left school at 16 where he was bullied for needing Learning Support.

He said:

“I wasn’t massively popular or smart at school. I had the mick taken out of me because I had Learning Support.

“Now there’s a filthy amount of jealousy for me from people still at school.

“They don’t like me to be successful, so there’s a lot of spreading shit about me. “I don’t really talk to them anymore.”

After leaving school, Sam travelled in West Africa to set up a gold import business.

He tried in Ghana, Sierra Leone and Liberia but explained “it was a bit scary sometimes and not very successful”.

Sam is going to spend Christmas with his dad Peter, an engineer and mum Deanna, a nurse.

With his new-found money, he’s taken them on holidays to Barbados, Lanzarote and skiing in Les Arcs.

Thinking about the future, Sam said: “I’m in a hit and miss game, so I could wake up and find myself bankrupt. I’m going to set up some businesses on the side.

“When I hit two billion quid, I’ll retire and potter about. Then I’ll relax.”