• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Woman who left dog with suitcase at station revealed

BalanceOfPower

Alfrescian
Loyal

Woman who left Kai the dog at Ayr station comes forward

Fin Rayner, 39, says she travelled from her home in Aberdeenshire to Ayr to collect a dog, but Kai was not the dog she expected

kai-the-dog_3159450b.jpg

Fin Rayner said she travelled from her home in Aberdeenshire to Ayr to collect Kai after seeing him advertised on Gumtree Photo: Daily Record

By Agency
11:59AM GMT 09 Jan 2015

A woman who left a dog at a train station with a suitcase of his belongings has claimed he was abandoned after the sale of the animal went wrong.

The tale of Kai, who was found with a case containing food, toys, his bowl and a pillow, sparked a social media storm with offers to rehome him flooding in from around the world.

He was discovered tied to a railing outside Ayr station in South Ayrshire last Friday in a tale with echoes of Paddington Bear.

Kai has been cared for by the Scottish SPCA since he was found on January 2.

Fin Rayner, 39, told the Daily Record she travelled from her home in Aberdeenshire to Ayr to collect him after seeing him advertised on Gumtree.

However when she arrived, along with her daughter, she found he was not the dog pictured in the online advertisement.

She told the newspaper: "The guy rushed out with a food chest and lead on the dog.

"I said I wanted to take the dog for a walk, so he asked me for £150 as a deposit in case I didn't come back. Then I saw him tearing off in his car. I phoned and said 'You better come back for your dog'. He never turned up.

"I thought I'd take the dog to Aberdeen but my son phoned and said the photo from the ad was an American picture from 2005. I said to a member of staff it was somebody else's dog. I said, 'I'm just going to tie him up out there', and I did that."

abandoned-dog_3155592c.jpg

The dog that was found at Ayr station along with a suitcase filled with his belongings (PA)

She said she made sure the dog was safe before leaving and that she panicked as she and her nine-year-old daughter, who has asthma, needed to make the last train back to Aberdeen.

A JustGiving page set up to raise funds for the shar-pei crossbreed, who needs an operation on his eyelids, has raised more than £3,800.

The money donated so far has surpassed expectations and funds raised above what is required to care for Kai will be used to look after other animals in need, the charity said.