• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkie Cameraman Claims North Korea Is Prospering

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Singaporean photographer Aram Pan visited North Korea last year
Gained permission for his 360 photography project after sending emails and faxes to North Korean contacts
A BBC Panorama documentary led him to believe he would see lots of starving people
Discovered healthy looking men and women shopping, playing volleyball and clocking off work at 6pm
Believes that 'North Korea needs more friendly interaction with the outside world, even if it is just tourists'

By Sarah Dean

When a man from Singapore had his wish to visit North Korea granted, he braced himself for the scenes of 'barren lands' and 'really, really sad people' that he had seen via a BBC Panorama documentary.

But what he found blew his mind - for all the right reasons.

Inside the communist enclave in 2013, photographer Aram Pan witnessed bustling markets, men and women enjoying themselves at a Western looking water park and miles and miles of crops ready for harvest, shattering all of his illusions about what a holiday to North Korea would entail.

article-2638213-1E49B19100000578-917_964x625.jpg

article-2638213-1E49A51800000578-386_964x639.jpg

Read the full article at http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...hocked-seemingly-ordinary-lives-citizens.html

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this proves that communism is a successful model and citizens of north korea are truly happy.it is a pity the singaporean reporter did not see the crowds of north koreans doing tai chi and kids playing happily at the playground under the portrait of kim jong il.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I want to get one of those North Korean smartphones. :biggrin:

Since Singapore is a valuable trading partner of North Korea and has a friendly diplomatic relationship with it, if you're a Sinkie expect to be treated like a VIP when you visit North Korea. :wink:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
this proves that communism is a successful model and citizens of north korea are truly happy.it is a pity the singaporean reporter did not see the crowds of north koreans doing tai chi and kids playing happily at the playground under the portrait of kim jong il.

He saw this instead, which is better.

article-2638213-1E49B58500000578-656_964x612.jpg

Timerty

Alfrescian
Loyal
But I heard that people who were caught watching South Korean dramas were executed in public.

KimJongUn

Alfrescian
Loyal

11 Mindblowing Facts About North Korea

<script height="450px" width="809px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=6e12e8b3387a44daacfb73afba25a76e&ec=U5cm1rbzr6xsyLAnNsj2Bl5wIClmUX-Q"></script>

Animalize

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I want to get one of those North Korean smartphones. :biggrin:

Since Singapore is a valuable trading partner of North Korea and has a friendly diplomatic relationship with it, if you're a Sinkie expect to be treated like a VIP when you visit North Korea. :wink:

Yes so now u know why i enjoy targeting friends and business partners of the PAP.

China, Russia, North Korea, Vietnam and more...

Just look at the China stocks listed in SGX.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am surprise they let him photo the ryugyong hotel. The hotel has not complete despite started building in 1987. It was suppose to be the tallest hotel, to beat our very own westin stamford hotel which was built by SK ssangyong group in 1986.

although he took photo of a hamburger from a NK burger joint, i notice he didnt take a photo of the iconic burger that was served on board the air koryo flight. not a burger one feel safe to put into one mouth.:p

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am surprise they let him photo the ryugyong hotel. The hotel has not complete despite started building in 1987. It was suppose to be the tallest hotel, to beat our very own westin stamford hotel which was built by SK ssangyong group in 1986.

although he took photo of a hamburger from a NK burger joint, i notice he didnt take a photo of the iconic burger that was served on board the air koryo flight. not a burger one feel safe to put into one mouth.:p

U need to update yourself,the ryurong hotel has been completed since 2009 with the help of a Egyptian company.it is a shining monument to the legacy of the dear leader.north Korea has been opening up its economy since the abandonment of peace talks with the bush administration. Many companies are eager to do business with the reclusive state.since then north Korea has successfully procured a functional laboratory with 40,000 centrifuges for the extraction of plutonium and two successful detonations.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U need to update yourself,the ryurong hotel has been completed since 2009 with the help of a Egyptian company.it is a shining monument to the legacy of the dear leader.north Korea has been opening up its economy since the abandonment of peace talks with the bush administration. Many companies are eager to do business with the reclusive state.since then north Korea has successfully procured a functional laboratory with 40,000 centrifuges for the extraction of plutonium and two successful detonations.

i no need to update, i was in pyongyang 2014. it not open. if really open, it would be part of the tour.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i no need to update, i was in pyongyang 2014. it not open. if really open, it would be part of the tour.

exterior is done, but interior is still an empty shell. kempinski was supposed to take over in 2013 but it didn't happen. tours of the hotel are available for koryo tour employees only. obviously, if one is working on the construction, one can take pics too.

looking thru' the atrium from inside the main lobby.....
image.jpg