• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Boh lampar, boh geh Chuan Chin talk cock, talk big

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Has the Ministry of Manpower really helped the 13 Singaporeans who were retrenched unfairly by marine company Prime Gold International (“MOM bars marine firm from hiring foreigners”; Tuesday)?

It appears that all the ministry did was bar the company from hiring foreign workers for two years. In the meantime, the company can continue to renew the work passes of its existing foreign workers.

The ministry could have done more, for example, by getting the company to reinstate all or some of the retrenched workers, or helping those unable to find jobs paying comparable wages to seek compensation from the company.

There is also a need to review the permanent residency of the company owner, who has shown little or no consideration for citizens of the country that granted him this status.

When there is clear evidence of discrimination against Singaporean workers, the ministry can and should do more.

Anthony Lim Thiam Poh

* Letter first appeared in ST Forum, 1 Jan.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tat fella talk big and act like authority onli lah......to me, he is just one of so many getting tossed inside a giant washing machine, there is nothing he can do, but to count his big fat tax-payers' funded salary........and we wonder why we need a government in the first place.....so expensive yet so ineffective.

I might as well pay to the local gangster to protect my turf. At least he does his job.