• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Of Niches and Seng Kang West

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Breaking: PAP surrender! Fernvale residents win!

What's there to check? One steps up n say he is son of woody n that will b credential enough

They should check the company background whether there is religious affiliation. That example given by khaw boon wan was saying they assumed the company has religious affiliation since all the companies submitting such nature of bids in the past have religious affiliation.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

They should check the company background whether there is religious affiliation. That example given by khaw boon wan was saying they assumed the company has religious affiliation since all the companies submitting such nature of bids in the past have religious affiliation.

If you're building a religious place of worship, a 'Pte Ltd' entity should not be allowed to make a bid in the first place, let alone win the bid.

This whole incident reeks of a scandal, and I am unconvinced by Khaw's 'act blur' antics in Parliament. Some palms must have been greased to cause this situation to happen.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If you check the tender documents, I'm very sure "only for religious or religious affiliated organizations may bid for this tender' is there.

You can bluff stupid Fernvale Link residents, but not me.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Fernvale - presstitude tries to make strong case defending PAP

You guys believe this crap from a Cow?

It's written in the tender docs that only religious or religious affiliated organization may bid.

It's a temple, isn't it?

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: MP Lam Par now sings different tune, but still talk cock

Dun push your luck.....he may say some of the residents want a columbarium and you should not discriminate the minority.

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal

this case casts doubt on the competence of government officers carrying out assessments for tenders. who knows what else they assume when approving tenders. the blame game has begun. whomever will cost the government the least votes will have her head on the chopping block. nothing but a public hanging will appease the voters now.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

this case casts doubt on the competence of government officers carrying out assessments for tenders. who knows what else they assume when approving tenders. the blame game has begun. whomever will cost the government the least votes will have her head on the chopping block. nothing but a public hanging will appease the voters now.

If it was not written in the tender doc, then the tender has to be voided as it contravenes the law. There is nothing to assume here.

If it was written in the tender doc, then the tenderer is lying since it has to comply. If it did not comply, and yet still wins, then again there is nothing to assume here. It is blatant biasness and still the tender has to be voided as it contravenes the law.

In both cases, the COW is lying when he said someone assumes. There is nothing to assume here.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: MP Lam Par now sings different tune, but still talk cock

I will smile if land is won by non-commercial religious group, and then one part rented to eternal pure to build columbrium. So many ways to play this game. :smile:

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
MP Lam Par: URA and HDB provided me with false information!

THE authorities had assured him that commercial firms could bid for land marked for religious purposes, said the Member of Parliament at the forefront of the Sengkang columbarium controversy.

That is why he defended the tender in a dialogue with residents earlier this month, said Sengkang West MP Lam Pin Min in an interview with The Straits Times yesterday.

But it was revealed in Parliament on Thursday that, unlike previous bidders, funeral service provider Eternal Pure Land (EPL) did not have any religious links.

"I... asked HDB and URA whether a commercial entity is allowed to participate in a tender process for a place of worship, and I was informed that it had been done before," he said, referring to the Housing Board and the Urban Redevelopment Authority.

Previous tenders by commercial players had been affiliated to a religious organisation but EPL is a pure profit company.

"EPL told us that they were in the process of discussing with some religious organisation to work out some of the temple- related activities," he added.

The Government has since admitted that it was a mistake to award the tender to EPL.

National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan said on Thursday that the ministry would stop the commercial columbarium.

The authorities will also review the tender process to plug this loophole where commercial firms muscle into places of worship.

The decision has been cheered by Dr Lam, who is also the Minister of State for Health.

He has been feeling the heat from some residents and netizens since news of the planned columbarium broke a month back. They were upset that a site planned for a Chinese temple would also have a columbarium, especially one operated for commercial interests.

They started an online petition against it, garnering more than 1,000 signatures. It prompted Dr Lam to hold a dialogue on Jan 4.

But at the session, he was perceived to be defending EPL rather than siding with his constituents. Some pointed out that he was sitting at the same table as representatives from Life Corporation - the parent firm of EPL. They were also unhappy that he highlighted the modern look of the temple.

Dr Lam clarified yesterday that he had not been taking sides and he did not understand why the seating arrangements had become an issue. "My purpose there was first to facilitate the dialogue session, to clarify the misinformation of what was posted online, and to allow residents to raise their concerns to me and the relevant agencies," he said.

"Usually for a dialogue session, this is how it's done."

He said he did not scrutinise whether a commercial entity which bid for land for places of worship had to have religious ties.

He was not aware of the rules and was not part of the tender process, he said, adding that the rules had "very fine details".

Asked if it had been a stressful time for him, he replied: "Definitely. No one wants anything to happen in their constituency."

He said the residents were relieved that action had been taken. "I'm just happy that a decision has been made... to not have a commercial columbarium there.

"I'm also just happy that many of the residents who are concerned can have their fears allayed because, at the end of the day, this is a positive outcome for many of the residents."

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Re: MP Lam Par: URA and HDB provided me with false information!

Vote the PAP out :smile::smile::smile:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Strange that Singaporeans are taking these "lies" with a straight face..strange!. It is like going to geylang & say, that he didn't know, those sexier dressed China woman or...walking around are prostitutes, he asked ICA & SPF, Tourist Promotion Board they told him, they are tourists.

They have a very low opinion of Singaporeans intelligence & this is the year of the Lord, Two Thousand, & Fifteen..indeed the 60% have low intelligence & buy anything....the country, had really gone to the , dogs...

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$8 Cow continues to speak with forked tongue in parliament

MP Zaqy Mohamad (Chua Chu Kang GRC): On the issue of transparency, one of the sticking points from many of the residents or potential buyers of these flats was that the columbarium was seen to be a fine print. So moving forward, from a URA perspective or sales perspective, how does HDB plan to change this practice?

Mr Khaw: In this instance, there was no question of lack of transparency. The site was clearly marked as a temple.

And in fact, for completeness, the HDB put in a footnote to indicate there may be a columbarium because we cannot assume that the temple will build a columbarium. (With such a glib forked tongue, this Malaysia Cow should join Alvin Yeo's law firm).

I am closely associated with three temples which I visit quite regularly, and out of the three, two have columbarium service. So it's not all three or all zero. And so, some do (have columbariums), some don't.

And even for this new temple that will eventually crop up... we do not know whether they want to put up a columbarium service or not. So we cannot make the assumption.

But I think the unhappiness of the residents over the last few weeks was that they thought we were going to allow a commercial columbarium to be built - and this is quite a different creature from an incidental columbarium service.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: $8 Cow continues to speak with forked tongue in parliament

All of us clap our hands, OMMM! OMMMM! OMMMM !! chime the bells!, Namaste! ha ha ha ha:biggrin:

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: $8 Cow continues to speak with forked tongue in parliament

Mr Khaw: .......

And even for this new temple that will eventually crop up... we do not know whether they want to put up a columbarium service or not. So we cannot make the assumption.

[/U]
Based on meaning provided in the web, "crop up" means to appear suddenly or unexpectedly. Really like to know whether the temple was eventually built suddenly or unexpectedly.

Sometimes, our sub-conscious betray us, causing us to use the wrong words.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

seriously all so deseprate to be MP and minsiters that can twist and turn un til like this? all for the love of $$$$$$$$

capable of this FOOking shit just for power and money
why am i not surpirsed

people are NOT stupid
the spies who are reading this, have the FOOking balls to report the truth

what small humans these liars are

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

请投我一票! 我帮您们请命..:rolleyes::p

Last edited:

rickws8437

Alfrescian
Loyal

Whichever the case maybe, the mp should stand on the side of the residents, afterall he is elected to represent the people. If he is elected to represent the organisations, then it another story. No amount of excuses can condone his actions whatsoever. Let this be a learning. You can do nine good but you only need one wrong to be condemn.

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal

He had direct access to the information and had all the time in the world to read the "fine details" of the rules. He could even get someone from HDB and URA to explain each and every clause to him and raise questions. Why didn't he do that?

Oh I forgot he is just a parrot

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

no wonder some people stay away from Sinkieland