• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

android issues

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I use Anker higher capacity batteries for my Samsung phone.

it's ok to use high quality, highly safe, high capacity batteries. there must be some apps on your android phone that are draining power. have you check your application manager to see what's constantly running and cannot be stopped?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i brought 2 phones to the new year party last night: a samsung galaxy s3 and an iphone 6. both were fully charged by 4pm. wi-fi on both were shut off. both are on the same 3g and 4g lte network. i carried the samsung in my left pocket while the iphone went into my right pocket. drove 1 hour to the venue, and the samsung was already 98% while the iphone was still at 100%. network coverage on the freeway was good. went indoors, after 15 minutes, samsung was down to 96% while iphone was at 99%. as the dinner crowd showed up, network started to get more congested. bars went down from 4 outside to 2 inside. during dinner from 6pm to 8pm, samsung went down to 90% while iphone stayed strong at 96%. i was using the iphone more for pics and browsing. decided to conserve battery on the samsung and not use it. after dinner when all guests arrived at 9pm, bars went down to 1 on both phones. the place was very congested and party-goers were using mobiles every now and then. by 10 pm, my left pocket heated up, and it was my samsung cooking as it tried to power up to get a better signal. my iphone handed down to 3g and achieved 2 bars on 3g. it stayed cool, and i was using it to take pics and showing pics around the table. my samsung battery went down to 50% but my iphone was at 88%. at midnight, new year's morning, my samsung went down to yellow at 20% while my iphone was at 78%, after much use of flash only on the iphone. by the time i hit the freeway again on the way home, my samsung was down to red at 5% and the iphone was at 75%. i reached home an hour later, samsung was out of power while iphone was strong at 73%. i woke up this morning 8 hours later without recharging phones, and the iphone was at 68%. right now, 9 hours later from the time i woke up, my iphone 6 is running at 65% battery life. my samsung is being recharged.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
iphone's battery just went down to 64% a few minutes ago. the full charge was yesterday at 4pm.

image.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
look at all the metadata crap trap apps that android runs in the background while you're too busy not managing what's running on your phone. i have 5 screen pages of android apps running, some with my knowledge and some without, and 2 pages of google play shit. every time i shut down an app that i did not trigger, it will come back in stealth mode and show up on the app manager again.

1st screen of running apps.....

image.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1st screen page of google play apps.....by the way, my location selection is "off", yet google play is running location service apps.

image.jpg

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
3rd screen of running apps.....i'm aware that voicemail, sync service, and emergency alerts are part of the provider's services, but google music and samsung push? i don't even subscribe to google music. samsung push comes with the galaxy territory. can't be helped, but google music when i don't even listen to music on smartphones?!

image.jpg

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
4th and last screen displaying running apps.....there's the samsung updates app that's forced upon the user when you least expect it. with android, besides free and paid apps pushing updates on bug fixes and improvements, i'm getting constant updates from 3 main perpetrators: google, samsung, provider. i've learned to shut off notifications and sound alerts so they don't wake me up in the middle of the morning.

image.jpg

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
and notice the battery level on the samsung phone. it's down quite a bit after a full charge yesterday.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
apparently, the android system os, android os and other nefarious google software such as google play combined consume over 50% of battery usage, considering that my mobile runs very conservatively on screen brightness at 6%. just the duo of android system and os consume 46% of battery life. :*:

image.jpg

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
apparently, the android system os, android os and other nefarious google software such as google play combined consume over 50% of battery usage, considering that my mobile runs very conservatively on screen brightness at 6%. just the duo of android system and os consume 46% of battery life. :*:

View attachment 18848

Don't worry, google engineers are working on this problem.