• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Elections: Govt is scared because over 600,000 can’t pay?

winbattleslo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why Govt say won’t be next Govt?

I have been wondering as to why the Government now says that they may not be the next Government after the next elections?

Could it be because the number of Singaporeans struggling to make ends meet has increased to levels that are reaching breaking point?

$10b outstanding credit card loans

According to the Sunday Times news report “$10b in outstanding credit card loans by Xmas” (Dec 14) – “Around one in three cardholders – or nearly 540,000 people – were not paying their bills in full as of October.

540,000 people paying 24%?

And rollover balances – bills that are not paid in full – have also jumped 50 per cent to $5.4 billion over the same period. Several banks recently raised interest rates on credit card bills.” – When you don’t pay in full and rollover your outstanding credit card bills – you are incurring normally 24 per cent interest per annum.

What this can mean is that you may take a very long time to clear your debts.

1 in 4 workers can’t pay?

540,000 people is a lot of people, as it is about 25 per cent or one in 4 of the total resident workforce of 2.2 million.

Actually, it is even more frightening because you need to earn at least $30,000 a year and have a good credit record in order to get a credit card.

More than 600,000 people can’t pay?

So, what about those who can’t pay their debts to licensed moneylenders, loan sharks, pawn shops, other loans like credit lines, banks’ personal loans, car loans, renovation loans, education loans, business loans, home and commercial mortgages, etc?

How many people in total are we looking at who have a problem paying – more than 600,000?

Elections by May next year?

I will bet my money on the elections being in the first five months of next year because of the following:

Financial Tsunami for those who owe more than 1 year’s salary?

“And 3 per cent of cardholders – or around 47,000 people at last count – have debts exceeding a year’s salary.

Those who owe more than a year’s salary will have their credit facilities suspended and be asked to pay off the excess by next June, pointed out Mr Kuo.

“They must update their income information with the banks and also immediately take action to bring down their debts to avoid their credit cards from being suspended,” he noted.” – Can you imagine the financial stress and kaos when 47,000 people – affecting a total of about 160,000 family members – have their credit suspended in June next year as well as being “asked to pay off the excess (debts over one year’s salary) by next June”?

Actually it can get even worse, as the requirement to update your income information may result in a lower credit limit – and thus even a higher amount of “excess” debts to be paid off.

For those who have been relying on credit for essential goods and services or rollover transfers at normally around 6 per cent interest to avoid paying 24 per cent – you will be a “dead duck”.

May god help us – come June 2015!

Win battles lose war

jw5

Loyal
So that when they are really not the next government, they can tell you "I told you so!" :rolleyes::biggrin:

Therefore, Vote Opposition Until PAP Becomes The Opposition. :smile:

Why Govt say won’t be next Govt?

I have been wondering as to why the Government now says that they may not be the next Government after the next elections?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
The farktards can't b bothered if you foreclose yr flats to pay yr debts. It has nothing to do with them. But if you don't vote themvthey ll b very tulan.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So that when they are really not the next government, they can tell you "I told you so!" :rolleyes::biggrin:

Therefore, Vote Opposition Until PAP Becomes The Opposition. :smile:

what is your ideal number of seats for the PAP Opposition: 10, 20 or 30 seats ? my worry is if they have too many seats, they might create too much trouble, and not be a loyal Opposition in Parliament. maybe 10-15 seats are just nice for them. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Actually I would very much like PAP to be a vigilent and alert opposition and do not want to see them be a loyal opposition.
So 30 seats or even slightly more is fine with me. :biggrin:

what is your ideal number of seats for the PAP Opposition: 10, 20 or 30 seats ? my worry is if they have too many seats, they might create too much trouble, and not be a loyal Opposition in Parliament. maybe 10-15 seats are just nice for them. :biggrin:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually I would very much like PAP to be a vigilent and alert opposition and do not want to see them be a loyal opposition.
So 30 seats or even slightly more is fine with me. :biggrin:

loyal Opposition could sensibly oppose the cabinet, not oppose for the sake of it.

I prefer a near annihilation of the PAP, so that they would not have evil ideas of sabotaging the new government, just give them 2 GRC to play around with. :wink:

jw5

Loyal
Don't worry, once the PAP becomes the opposition, many of them will either retire or go back full-time to their more lucrative non political jobs, which they had previously given up in order to serve the nation and its people.

Those that stay behind to be opposition MPs will be mainly those grassroot types or hopefully, those who are sincere about helping Singapore become better. i.e. they may tend to be less cunning and evil. :biggrin:

loyal Opposition could sensibly oppose the cabinet, not oppose for the sake of it.

I prefer a near annihilation of the PAP, so that they would not have evil ideas of sabotaging the new government, just give them 2 GRC to play around with. :wink:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if the opposition in sg think that they can win votes from the 33% who abuse their credit cards by being big spenders and borrowers yet are financially incapable, irresponsible and fiscally in arrears, then may god help them. these are the kinds of citizens who need to be thrown to the sharks and be replaced by fiscally prudent ft's. :rolleyes: