• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Winning back Aljunied is impossible

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/pap-activists-in/1532858.html

At least in 2016. One big reason - the PAP Aljunied lamb team is not united. They were a bunch of sacrificial lambs hobbled together with no experience in teamwork or leadership. With no $ to bind them like the other PAP MPs, they operate individually and disunitedly like the typical opposition parties.

Victor Lye is too flamboyant to be portrayed as a humble politician and uncharismatic to the rest to be a winning anchorman. Every media interview he accepts. The more you speak the more gaffes you make. With the other antics like taking photos with a pillar under renovation, the rest are beginning to see him as a liability.

The lawyer M Pillai likes to work quietly behind the scenes and dislikes the increasing flamboyancy of the team. Chua Eng Long, son of former minister Chua Sian Chin, sees himself as a more suitable team leader since he is a scion, and is not so because he joined in later. The other 2 are passive. Lee Hong Chuang has the benefit of working alone in Hougang and is not affected by team dynamics.

The end result will be a lacklustre and laggardly campaign. Lim Boon Heng cannot be the glue that holds them since he is a backend man.
last thing #1 threat to the white scums need is complacency.

just ask old white scum about his "repent" comment.

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
LTK won the Hougang seat, worked the ground hard and very well, and won the successive elections. nobody really knows how significant was the Teochew factor. there was no opinion polls to show what percentage of the electorate voted for WP in Hougang because of LTK, the Teochew man, in successive elections. for the outsiders, it is all guesswork based on reasonable conjecture.

History lesson is good.

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only thing that helped LTK in the Teochew factor was the communication of such hardships in Teochew language. LTK gave speeches in Teochew detailing these issues that you have listed out, triggering the memories of the non-English and non-Mandarin speaking ah peks and ah mahs.

If people voted LTK because he was a Teochew, Eric Low would have won back Hougang long time ago.

The other factor was some Teochews were familiar with LTK's fishmonger father. Fishmongers can be quite well known because Teochews like fish. Just like Lim Hock Siew's father who was a fishmonger too.

Appreciating History to better prepare for tomorrow.

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't mean to say it the only factor but it does played a big part in establishing rapport between the voters and LTK. My relatives ( they are teochew and see LTK really as part of them) were also one of those in Ponggol affected . The main point is when WP captured a ward, it difficult to take it away due to their strong grassroots foundations and solid party organisation

Valuable leesons in History. Knowing it is a start. Doing it properly is essential and continual. There is no room for lapses or perceived lapses.

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry, I was thinking of PP where Chaim did not to contest then they take it back.

Misinformation and misreading of information can lead to misunderstandings. His enemy is my friend. Clarify and strategise to Maximise..

Point of Information:

I come not to teach but to practise what I had learnt in my 'A' level History lessons. It's too late for me now to resit the subject but isn't History a study of the PAST?

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Based on past experience, an opposition MP gets better score in the second round unless bad publicity hits (in the case of Gombak and Nee Soon). That's because if an incumbent is voted out, the replacing newbie won't stand a chance. If the newbie wants a chance, wait till he isn't a newbie anymore.

JBJ 1981 51.9% 1984 56.8%
Chiam 1984 60.3% 1988 63.1%
LTK 1991 52.8% 1997 58.0%

History serves up many men of wisdom. We study and learn, and hpefully not to make the same mistakes. History lessons guide.

Kopi0Kosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
When Pinky say that it is hard to find candidates for GE and the next PM. He is referring to those within the PAP as that is all he is looking at.
Not all civil servants are pro-PAP so he cannot get anyone within the service.
Their next best bet was the ass doctor who lose in Punggol East SMC. At that point we knew that PAP selection pool was pathetic.
PAP has lose its charm to attract talent

History and Today also teaches us about Dynamics and Dynamic Motion. In the study of Life, the survival instinct of living things means living things fight to survive rather than wait to die. The PAP animal fears the introduction of a stronger species.[/QUOTE]

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nothing is impossible under the PAP! I won't bet on it! If they can suka-suka reserve the Presidency for a so-called Malay, then they can also do many things legally in their powers to thwart if not make life more difficult for the opposition!

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nothing is impossible under the PAP! I won't bet on it! !
Nothing is impossible for PAP, which includes dropping balls at their own foot in recent times, without needing the opposition help. I foresee the next GE is going to be extremely as exciting as GE2011. Watch out for the great change in Eastern side of Singapore.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/pap-activists-in/1532858.html

At least in 2016. One big reason - the PAP Aljunied lamb team is not united. They were a bunch of sacrificial lambs hobbled together with no experience in teamwork or leadership. With no $ to bind them like the other PAP MPs, they operate individually and disunitedly like the typical opposition parties.

Victor Lye is too flamboyant to be portrayed as a humble politician and uncharismatic to the rest to be a winning anchorman. Every media interview he accepts. The more you speak the more gaffes you make. With the other antics like taking photos with a pillar under renovation, the rest are beginning to see him as a liability.

The lawyer M Pillai likes to work quietly behind the scenes and dislikes the increasing flamboyancy of the team. Chua Eng Long, son of former minister Chua Sian Chin, sees himself as a more suitable team leader since he is a scion, and is not so because he joined in later. The other 2 are passive. Lee Hong Chuang has the benefit of working alone in Hougang and is not affected by team dynamics.

The end result will be a lacklustre and laggardly campaign. Lim Boon Heng cannot be the glue that holds them since he is a backend man.
And yet WP nearly lost in aljunied. Just show how fuck up WP is. Soon much was expected of them and yet they failed miserably. Next erection Aljunied will be lost to WP