• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S'pore man jumps out with baby after vehicle was carjacked

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Judith TanThe New PaperMonday, Dec 08, 2014
20141207_carjacked_tnp.jpg
1 3 0
Print
He was with his 11/2-year-old toddler in the rented multi-purpose vehicle in Johor when two men hijacked it.
Singaporean T. H. Tan, 33, and his son leapt off the vehicle just as it started to move.
"I was left standing barefoot in the carpark," he told The New Paper.
The incident happened around 6pm on Nov 23, when the family of eight were on their way back from a holiday in Genting.
"We had rented the Malaysian-registered (Hyundai Starex) MPV and a driver for about $700. We were on our way from Malacca to Johor Baru when we decided to make a pit stop at Yong Peng," said Mr Tan, who works in the IT sector.
Everyone except he and his son got out of the car to buy snacks at a supermarket.
"I wasn't feeling well, so I decided to stay in the car with my son," he added.
The driver had left the aircon on for them and the engine running before going off with the rest.
A few minutes later, Mr Tan noticed two men get out of a white Honda City parked behind the MPV and approach from either side of the vehicle. As they were approaching, the white car moved to block the front of the MPV.
"One of the men opened the driver's door and hopped in. The other slid open the door to the passenger's side," said Mr Tan said, adding that he did not have time to reach over and lock the doors.
"When I realised what was happening, I had to react fast or they would have driven off with me and the baby in the car.
"I quickly slid open the door to my right and jumped out with my baby. I think it was mere seconds before they drove off, leaving me in the dust, barefoot and standing in the carpark."
Taken along with the car were Mr Tan's iPad, laptop, wallet, seven suitcases and passports belonging to him, his wife and his mother-in-law.
Mrs Tan, a Singapore permanent resident from China, said the other family members had their travel documents with them.
"Because my husband was staying in the car, my mother and I decided to leave our documents with him for safekeeping," the 28-year-old housewife said in Mandarin.
After the hijackers drove off, Mr Tan ran into the supermarket and shouted for help.
"Someone called the police who arrived quite quickly," he said.
CCTV CAMERA
"I was also told that a closed-circuit television camera outside the supermarket had captured the whole incident.
"The video was given to the police."
Mrs Tan said her mother had initially planned to stay in the vehicle but decided to alight at the last minute.
"Good thing she did," she explained.
"She sat behind my husband during the trip and he had to move his seat to let her out.
"Can you imagine having to do that in seconds during the hijacking? I still turn cold at the thought of that."
Mr Tan is particularly worried about his private details and his company's information in the iPad and laptop.
"We had to change the locks to my home," he said. "But what (can I do) about my car?"
Mr Tan, his wife and mother-in-law spent the next few days running around to get travel documents from their respective countries' representatives in Malaysia.
"My mother-in-law was visiting from China and it was the first time we took her to Malaysia," said Mr Tan.
"We went to the Chinese embassy in Kuala Lumpur to get her temporary travel documents."
"I also had to go the Singapore High Commission to report my documents stolen."
"The other family members gave us whatever cash they had on them before returning to Singapore, but it was difficult for us to run around with limited cash."
"By the time we got things sorted and came home, we had less than RM100 (S$38) on us."
But Mrs Tan was glad no one was hurt in the ordeal.
"Belongings can be replaced but if I were to have lost my husband and baby, it would have been disastrous," she said.
[email protected]
- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/singap...er-vehicle-was-carjacked#sthash.n6U73Rxe.dpuf

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Tan family deserved it. Beary Good.

Only idiots will go to JB, through JB or even think about ever going to JB. Idiots.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mother of one and half year old toddler still SPR from china.....go figure:biggrin:

Judith TanThe New PaperMonday, Dec 08, 2014
20141207_carjacked_tnp.jpg
1 3 0
Print
He was with his 11/2-year-old toddler.............Mrs Tan, a Singapore permanent resident from China, .........

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Any comments from Jiu hoo Kia Tonychat?

Didn't he say that his country is the best?

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
The story a bit not tally leh..

He say he rented the car... then at the end he worried about the car...??

danielsim

Alfrescian
Loyal
Damn suay. Never take safety for granted, especially in jiu hu with so many mats around that targets the harmless like them

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Damn suay. Never take safety for granted, especially in jiu hu with so many mats around that targets the harmless like them

I think the vast majority of crimes committed are by the Indo illegal immigrants... happened to my ex once along jalan ampang...

A motorbike with pillion rider rode past and snatched my ex's bag...

I was like 5m behind her and I immediately ran towards my ex who was struggling with the pillion rider.

I used my bag to hit the fucker's head. He fell and passerby came over and retrained that fucker.

The rider got away.

Anyway, long story short, the fucker turns out to be Indo illegal immigrant.

Last edited:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
you should have given them both a flying kick:mad:
left foot on the pillion:mad::mad:, right foot on the rider:mad::mad::mad:

if this were to be Ramseth that was what he would do

Nabeizzz... limpei was behind cos i was carrying the shopping rubbish of my ex...:*:

Already heavy like fuck still got to run up and whack the fucker's head you know! :oIo:

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indomee. Worse than PRC and Ah Neh. Lousy species. They should have locked the doors though.

I think the vast majority of crimes committed are by the Indo illegal immigrants... happened to my ex once along jalan ampang...

A motorbike with pillion rider rode past and snatched my ex's bag...

I was like 5m behind her and I immediately ran towards my ex who was struggling with the pillion rider.

I used my bag to hit the fucker's head. He fell and passerby came over and retrained that fucker.

The rider got away.

Anyway, long story short, the fucker turns out to be Indo illegal immigrant.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nabeizzz... limpei was behind cos i was carrying the shopping rubbish of my ex...:*:

Already heavy like fuck still got to run up and whack the fucker's head you know! :oIo:

Jet Li would have kicked them both with one foot and single handedly restrained them both for the authorities amidst applause from adoring crowds. You lemon lah.