• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Recent PAP's Mistakes - Singapore's disgrace

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1. Singapore National Stadium's bad pitch

2. SGX's glitch on 5 Nov

3. SGX's trading on 3 Dec delayed to 12.30pm

These are unprecedented mistakes by the pap. How much more should Singaporeans tolerate pap's mistakes?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
These are minor issues. All countries face similar problems periodically. The Swiss and HK bourses have suffered technical glitches in recent years too.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These are minor issues. All countries face similar problems periodically. The Swiss and HK bourses have suffered technical glitches in recent years too.

Singapore is not just a normal country. Such mistakes are man made, can be prevented and must not be taken lightly.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

uvwxyz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1. Singapore National Stadium's bad pitch

2. SGX's glitch on 5 Nov

3. SGX's trading on 3 Dec delayed to 12.30pm

These are unprecedented mistakes by the pap. How much more should Singaporeans tolerate pap's mistakes?

Regarding the 3rd point, was there a statement or announcement? I went to the sgx website but did not see any such. I knew about it only after a friend informed me just before trading hours.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Last week I saw a drain clogged with rubbish/debris and flow of water was impeded. Small issue if no huge downpour. But if heavy thunderstorm comes, the debris will choke the whole drain and there will be flooding.

I called NEA and they quickly cleared the rubbish and debris.

An oversight by NEA and drain clog may be a small matter to you. But if allowed to perpetuate, it's a matter of time before a flood occurs.

Same with so many pap mistakes

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Even MAS disagrees with you:

"Latest SGX glitch 'unacceptable', MAS says"

It's no small matter and pap is feeling the heat

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Even MAS disagrees with you:

"Latest SGX glitch 'unacceptable', MAS says"

It's no small matter and pap is feeling the heat

I agree that it is unacceptable and I have full confidence that the problem will be fixed.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Regarding the 3rd point, was there a statement or announcement? I went to the sgx website but did not see any such. I knew about it only after a friend informed me just before trading hours.

PAP and MAS are in damage control mode and are delaying their announcements.

But they cant deny information for long as the market knows abt the problem

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree that it is unacceptable and I have full confidence that the problem will be fixed.

if pap is above the power curve, no such mistake need occur. To react to a mistake is a failure.

the fact that there are so many recent mistakes shows that pap is incompetent, negligent and their meritocracy is flawed

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The consequences far exceed the expected 3.5hr opening delay.

And the mistake comes less than one month after the SGX glitch. Are we looking at a potential SGX computer system crash soon?

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
if pap is above the power curve, no such mistake need occur. To react to a mistake is a failure.

the fact that there are so many recent mistakes, shows that pap is incompetent and their meritocracy is flawed

I have experienced no place on this earth where mistakes do not occur. Singapore has it's share of problems but as long as it is doing better than the rest, it means that the PAP is the best.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have experienced no place on this earth where mistakes do not occur. Singapore has it's share of problems but as long as it is doing better than the rest, it means that the PAP is the best.

These problems are due to carelessness and human error.

The pap is incompetent. That showed during the Little India riots and the SMRT strike.

How many more mistakes do we have to condone before heads roll?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

don't use your slacky, low standard as the measure of acceptable competence

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

When Mas Selamat escaped, Little India Riots occur, SMRT strike, MRT disruption, we knew many things were wrong.

The recent mistakes expose more things are wrong and more skeletons in the pap's cupboard

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
don't use your slacky standard as the measure of competence

On the contrary I am all for high standards. That is why I am so impressed with the PAP. I agree that they have not achieved perfection but I'm fully confident that they will come very close because they are such a talented bunch compared to other governments around the world.

For example the Mas Selamat escape made headline news and the PAP was subjected to much ridicule. However, in NZ, prisoner escapes are so common that they don't even make the headline news. There are probably at least 2 cases a month eg

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/7057853/Two-prisoners-escape-jail

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11355912

The latest escapee was a murderer and pedophile. The system allowed him to simply walk out of prison. He could even get a passport while in custody.

Riots occur on a regular basis too. Two policemen were injured just two days ago as a result.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On the contrary I am all for high standards. That is why I am so impressed with the PAP. I agree that they have not achieved perfection but I'm fully confident that they will come very close because they are such a talented bunch compared to other governments around the world.

For example the Mas Selamat escape made headline news and the PAP was subjected to much ridicule. However, in NZ, prisoner escapes are so common that they don't even make the headline news. There are probably at least 2 cases a month.

we are realistic. Singaporeans dont ask for perfection from incompetent pap. what we ask for is acceptable standard which the pap is not even able to deliver.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Last week I saw a drain clogged with rubbish/debris and flow of water was impeded. Small issue if no huge downpour. But if heavy thunderstorm comes, the debris will choke the whole drain and there will be flooding.

I called NEA and they quickly cleared the rubbish and debris.

thank you for being a civic-minded citizen to call the nea immediately upon noticing a clogged drain. and kudos to the nea for clearing the longkang quickly. the nea cannot have "eyes" everywhere looking into every longkang as doing so may incur the wrath and suspicion of sinkies, especially women who are constantly flaunting their longkang's. they can only be successful and effective with the full cooperation of civic-minded citizens like you. together, they and you will make a fantastic team. :biggrin: