• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why risk-averse PAP should not lecture Sinkies to quickly learn from failure!

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I refer to “Equip students with skills to create future tech: PM”.

PM Lee thinks Singapore can be transformed into a technology-enhanced “smart nation” with his pearls of wisdom ie having the ‘right’ education and a “can-do spirit of experimenting and risk-taking”.

It appears PM Lee is expecting our book-smart-take-no-risk civil servants to help achieve this transformation. He also exhorts citizens to have a “fail fast, learn quickly” mindset but at the same time, civil servants and PAP politicians have not been allowed to fail, so none has managed to learn any lesson quickly from their mistakes.

A risk-averse PAP lecturing Singaporeans on risk taking is akin to a non swimmer coaching our national swimmers. PAP is merely talking the talk without even attempting to create a conducive environment for failure to be accepted. It looks like PAP may be planning for more ministers/MPs to carpet-bomb PM’s message soon.

Just how risk-averse is the PAP? PAP actually takes very little/no risk.

When it comes to business, PAP is only interested in those which are ‘pow chiak’. Such businesses are held by Temasek Holdings, which include a 50% stake in SGX, 54% in SMRT, 52% in Singtel, 43% in SATS Ltd, etc. These businesses are profitable (almost) EVERY year.

Other ‘pow chiak’ businesses are in education eg pre school education run by PCF, transportation (Comfort and CityCab taxis), supermarkets (NTUC Fairprice), insurance (NTUC Income), etc. If PAP can fail in such businesses, then Singaporeans really don’t know what to say.

(PAP is so blinded by $$$ that NTUC Fairprice had even set up a mini-mart to compete with HDB convenience stores and neighbourhood shops in 2009.)

Nevertheless it is a caring and responsible government by taking care of us with reasonably priced funeral services by NTUC when we are dead.

PAP politicians and supporters are all risk-averse. Every potential MP joins the PAP because our GRC system allows them to ride on the coattails of ministers into parliament. Is anyone expected to believe Tin Pei Lin, Ang Wei Neng, Zagy, etc would be elected if they had contested in a SMC? In fact, most PAP MPs would not have thought of ‘serving’ if not for the GRC system.

High-ranking military personnel like Chan Chun Sing, Tan Chuan Jin, etc are willing to take the ‘risk’ of serving citizens only under the protection of PAP’s GRC system. Being elected was a certainty (not sure about next election) to becoming a minister and of course the huge salary increase for their ‘sacrifice’.

CPF members’ money contributed to the success of government-linked companies such as Singtel, POSB, DBS, etc. After they became profitable, the PAP took control of them through Temasek Holdings, a SWF with the highest TSR (17% since inception) in the universe.

All the profitable GLCs rightly belong to CPF members but are kept by PAP to generate revenue to supplement our budget. There are negligible risks in GLCs because of PAP’s vested interest in them. Again, PAP takes insignificant risks with GLCs while forcing CPF members to accept high risks/low returns with GIC investing our money in foreign assets.

During the 1970s and 1980s when the PAP built HDB flats as if there was no tomorrow, it borrowed cheaply from CPF members at perpetually low interest rates. It also allowed HDB flat buyers to borrow from other CPF members at, again, a low rate determined by its illogical formula. The PAP takes no risk but takes credit for building the most expensive public housing in the world.

Since the PAP has never taken any risk, PM Lee obviously knows nothing about risk taking. Bear in mind PM Lee’s career has been smooth sailing since his first taste of working life. Why is PM Lee lecturing citizens on risk taking and failure when he has experienced neither?

PM Lee should instead instill in his party members a “can-do spirit” by not sheltering them when failure is evident in order to learn from their colossal mistakes. Once our leaders start walking the talk, we will be convinced to follow the government’s advice.

Share this: http://likedatosocanmeh.wordpress.c...e-singaporeans-to-quickly-learn-from-failure/

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP never has any intention to adopt technology changes. this is for sure.
otherwise, you would see many road sweeper cars etc in Singapore.
how often do u see that?
contractors are still using bangla and neh neh to sweep floors and PAP is very happy to collect work permit levy.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
LHL took the greatest risk of all! He risked his life to serve the nation.

Mr Lee is a cancer survivor. Any lesser mortal lucky enough to survive cancer would choose a far more relaxed and carefree existence as an academic rather than risk a relapse taking on a job where the survival of the nation is in his hands.

It is for this reason that I have so much respect for LHL and the Lee family. Their love for the country and its people and their desire to make Singapore successful knows no bounds. They are one of the most selfless families around.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mr Lee is a cancer survivor. Any lesser mortal lucky enough to survive cancer would choose a far more relaxed and carefree existence as an academic rather than risk a relapse taking on a job where the survival of the nation is in his hands.

It is for this reason that I have so much respect for LHL and the Lee family. Their love for the country and its people and their desire to make Singapore successful knows no bounds. They are one of the most selfless families around.

This is really EPIC , Leong !

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
This is really EPIC , Leong !

I have been commissioned to write a book about the success of the PAP. There is a whole chapter that illustrates just how loving and caring the government is.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been commissioned to write a book about the success of the PAP. There is a whole chapter that illustrates just how loving and caring the government is.

thank you for telling us you have sold your soul to the devil

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP never has any intention to adopt technology changes. this is for sure.
otherwise, you would see many road sweeper cars etc in Singapore.
how often do u see that?
contractors are still using bangla and neh neh to sweep floors and PAP is very happy to collect work permit levy.

these pple r merely rehearsing for the next election, just another ploy to tell you that even primary 4 ex convict or newly minted convict FT like yang ying also can make it big in singapore by leeching on peasants.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

He is there to protect his father's dirt from surfacing. He is not so altruistic

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
He is there to protect his father's dirt from surfacing. He is not so altruistic

That's a load of rubbish. LKY had no ambitions whatsoever for his son. It was his colleagues within the party who identified LHL to be an exceptional talent and urged him to convince his son to give up his brilliant military career for the hustle and bustle of the political arena.

If LHL was not the son of LKY, he would have become the PM far sooner. LKY himself said so and if he says it is so, then it must be so.

http://www.spiegel.de/international...an-yew-it-s-stupid-to-be-afraid-a-369128.html

SPIEGEL: ... and that turned Singapore de facto into a one party state. Critics say that Singapore resembles a Lee Family Enterprise. Your son is the Prime Minister, your daughter-in-law heads the powerful Development Agency...

Mr. Lee: ... and my other son is CEO of Singapore Telecoms, my daughter is head of the National Institute for Neurology. This is a very small community of 4 million people. We run a meritocracy. If the Lee Family set an example of nepotism, that system would collapse. If I were not the prime minister, my son could have become Prime Minister several years earlier. It is against my interest to allow any family member who's incompetent to hold an important job because that would be a disaster for Singapore and my legacy. That cannot be allowed.